E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

CDI Problems, enough was enough!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDI Problems, enough was enough!

I demanded the dealer to buy back my car and they made me an offer that I cant refuse. I will take it back on Monday and then order another one but I want to do the European delivery program this time. Now I need to do the research on the ED.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Viesel
I demanded the dealer to buy back my car and they made me an offer that I cant refuse. I will take it back on Monday and then order another one but I want to do the European delivery program this time. Now I need to do the research on the ED.
What was the offer?
Old 11-04-2004, 09:57 PM

The thing that really erked me was I left the car there at the shop for 8 days to fix the airbag and when I picked it up the SRS Airbag light was still on. I was pissed. So then they told me on the phone that they tried recoding it and didnt change the module and for me to bring it back in and they will change out the module this time. Then I got another story from the supervisor that they did change out the module. What ever they did they kept the car for 8 days and nothing was fixed. I have just gotten really tired of taking the car in to the shop every Monday. Got to be a ritual.. Plan on it every Monday. Worst than getting your hair dyed every Friday.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:14 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Hair dyed every Friday..?

Going to the dealer every Monday..?

What do you do the rest of the week?
Old 11-04-2004, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
What exactly did they offer? Hopefully it was a straight across exchange for you with no additional charge. What about license and tax charges on the new car.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:10 PM

'05 E320 CDI, ‘10 E63, ‘13 SL63, Sprinter 170
Viesel,

Might I suggest having the next one serviced elsewhere?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:51 PM

06 CLS500 + 99 ML320
Viesel,

May I ask who dealer?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2004, 10:46 AM

Mercedes Benz of Tampa Florida
Old 11-13-2004, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Question Various Questions!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
What was the offer?
We are all wondering on how close to your original purchase price they offered you to "buy it back?"

Originally Posted by Viesel
Mercedes Benz of Tampa Florida
Please post the VIN of that car so we'll all know to steer clear of it!

You do know that your CDI will most likely show up as a Starmark Certified Used Car.

Because they offered to buy it back prior to it being certified as a "LEMON"
do you think they'd tell anyone about its problems?

Last edited by Green E-300 DT; 11-13-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by Green E-300 DT

Because they offered to buy it back prior to it being certified as a "LEMON"
do you think they'd tell anyone about its problems?

L.O.L..................
Old 11-14-2004, 12:00 AM

I was asked not to disclose the buy back price but I will tell you that it was a few dollars shy of the original price including taxes. They treated the buy back very painlessly and with no issues at all. They said that they will do some work with the car along with mercedes benz to determine what went wrong with the car, but I bet it really ends up on the car lot in a few weeks, after they get the turbo contole module in and replaced. I'll bet ya that's the whole problem, Why? they changed everyting else to find it and nothing worked. I kept telling them that you could here the turbo drop boost for a second and then reboost up and then drop again, causing the power losses. It acts just like the N75 on the TDI when they go bad. It pisses me off to think that may be all the problem was. I almost didnt take the car back, in order for them to give it one more try and see if that was it, but when the car was there for 8 days and the SRS airbag light was on and was suppose to be fixed, and when I picked it up the srs light was still on. That just topped it off for me, I couldnt take it any longer.
They are suppose to get back with me the first of the week to let me know how soon I can get another one via the European Delivery. They are saying mid March to early April, I'm not sure if I really want to wait that long, we'll see, there are some for sale on traderonline and ebay, maybe I should go that route? Or maybe they have issues too. That was my 5th mercedes diesel and the most impressive diesel car I have ever driven, but having so many electronic scares me for the future when out of warranty though. Sorry to babble but I am still bummed about it.
Ohh, I was kidding about the hair dye.

Last edited by Viesel; 11-14-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:09 AM

I had actually disclosed the first offer to buy back to a couple of you guys via email, but when I called them back the next day I asked for more and they said OK. My excuse was the loss of time for being in the shop and also for the tinted windows.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Late Built 2005 W-211 E-320 CDI
Question The VIN?

Can understand your not wanting to disclose the buyback amount, but what about the VIN?

No one here will want to wind up with your old car I'll bet!

BTW, there are dealers that will discount these cars even further than the seven percent that is standard for ED. I've heard of as much as an additional three percent.
Remember you can do the deal anywhere you choose, and you do not have to have the car shipped back from Europe to the dealer where you originally purchased it.

Better luck with your new one!

Old 11-14-2004, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Will you 'chip' the new 320CDI, or will you be satisfied with the performance of the standard engine?

I am very impressed with the way the dealer treated you especially when you informed him of the modifications that had been done to the engine!!

Surely the instant you chipped your 'Lemon' vehicle, the warranty must have become invalid? Or does the warranty allow this type of unofficial modification?

Regards,
John
Old 11-14-2004, 09:45 AM

I had removed the chip a long time ago, I had this issue with the car before chipping and when I chipped it, the power loss was still there. After the first attempt to repair it and they didnt fix it, I had the chip removed because I didnt want any issues about the warranty. So all this time with repairs the cars only mods were the Brabas springs and wheels along with tinted windows. I explained to the shop that the problems with the car started only 5 days ownership and there was no way the chip was causing the issue. I truely thought that the power loss was due to turbo boost dropping off suddenly and I still believe that was the issue. They were finally ordering a turbo control module to try that and I bet ya that will fix it. With my years of diesel experience, I know that has to be the problem.
The chip was nice but not worth any warranty issues. I would probably chip the next one but will wait a good while to make sure the car is ok and then I might go for it.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:48 AM

Vin WDBUF26J55A536518
2005 E320 Cdi Silver Charcoal Leather
Old 11-15-2004, 10:07 PM

E320CDI, HKsound,Dinamic Vent Seats, Nav,Jade Black
Red face cdi questions

Hi guys,

Just purchased a new 320CDI and I'm courious if any of the CDI owners have had any kind of chip upgrade and with what results? I appreciate your input.

Last edited by apinti; 11-15-2004 at 10:17 PM.