E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Drive dynamic seats question/ problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drive dynamic seats question/ problem

I have a question re: my drive dynamic seats... When the car is at a stop light, or even when the engine is off but the key is turned to the number 2 position the seats seem to infalte and then defleat on it's own... but it's always the drivers seat first and then passengers seat... even if no one is sitting in the seat... you can hear air being released and then it just re inflates... I brought it to the dealer and they told me their is nothing wrong with the seat... Are the seats supposed to do that...
Old 11-21-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ems211
I have a question re: my drive dynamic seats... When the car is at a stop light, or even when the engine is off but the key is turned to the number 2 position the seats seem to infalte and then defleat on it's own... but it's always the drivers seat first and then passengers seat... even if no one is sitting in the seat... you can hear air being released and then it just re inflates... I brought it to the dealer and they told me their is nothing wrong with the seat... Are the seats supposed to do that...
So what you are saying is that the seats deflate when the car isnt moving. Sounds logical to me.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:57 PM

dynamic seats

no, they infate and deaflate when the car isn't moving... even if the car is off and you are just listening to the radio... that doesn't seem right... I thought it was only supposed to do it if the car is moving and you are turning... it's like the left deflates and then inflates and then the right side will do the same... keep in mind you are sitting in the car listening to the radio not going anywhere... not moving, engine off, key in the #2 position
Old 11-21-2004, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Are you talking about the side bolsters or the pulse massage?
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM

'16 528i MSport
Mine does the same thing. I start the car and it inflates a little towards the lower and lumbar parts. Then as you drive, it starts to deflate. I told my service advisor and he gave me the explanation that it supports the way you sit first like making your back stretch out and then cools out as normal. That's normal functioning of the driving dynamic and every driving dynamic seat does this..NO WORRIES
Old 11-21-2004, 06:01 PM

that makes sense... but what about when the car is off and you're just sitting there going nowhere... you can here the seats just inflate and deflate every 5 seconds... and feel it too... Oh, it's the side lumbar that is inflating and deflating... little bursts of air... if that's what it's supposed to do then cool... thanks for all the help...
Old 11-21-2004, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
My ride does not do this and does not sound normal to me...

Trending Topics

Old 11-22-2004, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Are the seats on the part of the circuitry that remains energized for a few minutes after you shut down and before you open the door to exit? Maybe they do their thing for a little while untill you open the door? (I should know, I have them, but I shut down & exit.)