Go to workshop error in my dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320
Go to workshop error in my dash

Hello, I just got an error on my dash saying ‘Visit Workshop.’
From my research, I found that it might be related to the battery, alternator, brake system, or AIRMATIC.
I have AIRMATIC on all four tires, but I can’t tell if it’s acting strange or if it’s normal. I just bought my car last week, and it’s my first Benz and first car with AIRMATIC.

I went to AutoZone to read the code, but there wasn’t any.
Does anybody know what it could be?
Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 02:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,507 Likes on 2,337 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
You need to get yourself a good scanner overnight from Amazon prime such as Launch Creader elite MB" .... ~$150 or so.

The following users liked this post:
Odd Piggy (Today)
Old Today, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 446 Likes on 366 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
That looks like the vehicle ride height warning. AutoZone is only going to be able to read generic drive train codes. Follow @CaliBenzDriver advice. Even an independent German shop is going to charge the price of the scanner for diagnostics. You may still have to go there if you cannot fix it yourself, but the scanner will give you the knowledge to avoid being taken advantage of.

FYI - I found out today that MB is moving all vehicles through 2006 model year, which includes the pre-facelift W211, to the Classic Car category. Diagnosis and repairs will get even more expensive at dealers.

A dedicated scanner and these forums can save you at lot of money and frustration.
The following 2 users liked this post by Odd Piggy:
CaliBenzDriver (Today), nd-photo.nl (Today)
Old Today, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E320
Thanks, do you have any recommendation for obd scanner?
I actaully got one from temu it's in the mail but I only add to my cart because it was only $6 I think it won't be any better than autozone scanner.

The dealer I got the car is actaully trying to help, I had battery low convenience functions not available error. They fixed that. Their mechanic told me to stop by the shop to look to the air suspension. That warning light comes only after driving the car 20-30 miles it's not on now but I am still going to stop by.

Yesterday I raised the car and lowered it back to normal. There was no air leak noise. Hopefully it's not something big.

This is my first Mercedes-Benz. I got this after my model 3 totaled in an accident. I liked Tesla but I love this car. Hopefully after fixing this I can ride the next 2-3 years.