E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Sirius Now a Factory Install at POE: $699

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 12:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Sirius Now a Factory Install at POE: $699

The complete install and 14 months service is $699 MSRP and done at the MB Vehicle Processing Centers. Here's the full press release:

November 17, 2004

SIRIUS Satellite Radio Factory Installations Available For Mercedes-Benz 2005 Model Year Vehicles
SIRIUS System and 14 Months of SIRIUS Service Included for $699

NEW YORK and MONTVALE, NJ – November 17, 2004 – Mercedes-Benz USA and SIRIUS (NASDAQ: SIRI), the premium satellite radio provider known for delivering the most compelling commercial-free music and sports programming to cars and homes across the country, today announced the availability of SIRIUS as a factory-installed option on select 2005 model-year Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Mercedes-Benz factory installs SIRIUS systems at its three port processing facilities in the United States, and expects to broaden this factory availability of SIRIUS to nearly all 2005 models over the next 90 days
The manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of the SIRIUS feature is $699, and includes 14 months of SIRIUS service. The SIRIUS Satellite Radio option being offered by Mercedes-Benz is specifically engineered for their vehicles, and is fully integrated into the Mercedes-Benz audio system. This allows the Mercedes-Benz customer to enjoy digital sound and to view content information, such as song title, artist name, and sports scores on the head-unit display.

Mercedes-Benz drivers can enjoy 65 channels of digital-quality, commercial-free music; the entire NFL game lineup; a comprehensive selection of college sports; and an unmatched variety of comedy, local traffic, weather, news and entertainment programming. Plus, beginning in January 2006, SIRIUS will be the only place to hear famous radio personality Howard Stern.

"Mercedes-Benz is extremely pleased to broaden the availability of SIRIUS throughout its 2005 model year lineup," said Klaus Ulkann, Mercedes-Benz USA Vice-President of Customer Services. "We believe that our customers enjoy the unparalleled entertainment experience of SIRIUS in their new Mercedes-Benz vehicles."

"It has never been easier to get SIRIUS in your Mercedes-Benz, and we are very excited that Mercedes-Benz is offering factory installations on their 2005 model year lineup," said Doug Wilsterman, SIRIUS Senior Vice President, Automotive OEM. "We believe that the compelling SIRIUS programming is the perfect complement to the extraordinary Mercedes-Benz driving experience."
Old 11-29-2004, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Quality of work done at VPCs tends to be very poor. I would not have them do it... (although I am biased about this... I still really do think the work is poor).

I believe the technicians there are just trying to crank out maximum number of units per hour.

-s-
Old 11-29-2004, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by scorchie
Quality of work done at VPCs tends to be very poor. I would not have them do it... (although I am biased about this... I still really do think the work is poor).

I believe the technicians there are just trying to crank out maximum number of units per hour.

-s-
Sorry to sound stupid Scorchie, but who are the VPCs?? My unit was put in at the dealer.

Steve
Old 11-29-2004, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
Sorry to sound stupid Scorchie, but who are the VPCs?? My unit was put in at the dealer.

Steve
VPCs are the vehicle preparation centers... they unload the cars and ship them to the dealerships. Certain US-specific options are added here, such as phone systems, CD changers, etc. Other accessories are installed at the dealerships. Rather than being installed at the dealership as an accessory, you will now be able to get your satellite radio installed as an option at the VPC.

(There is no "factory installed" phone system in the US... they are installed in the US of mostly US-manufactured parts at the VPC. Similarly, most CD changers included in option packages are installed in the US using CD changers made in Asia.)

-s-
Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,440 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by SAguirre
who are the VPCs?? Steve
VPC – MBUSA Vehicle Preparation Center. More or less apply the finishing touches, install certain optional equipment, and inspect for damage before forwarding to the dealer. Regional locations: Belcamp MD, Carson CA, and Jacksonville FL. To date SIRIUS has been installed by the dealerships, they (MBUSA) are now installing at the VPC.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 Flint Grey/Merlot
My Dealer told me that the VPC's would only do the trunk mount antenna.
It's hard for me to imagine that anyone with the taste and cash to buy an E Class would stand for such an afterthought type of antenna. Most dealers can do a stealthier, more elegant job for a few more bucks.
Why MB didn't engineer the satellite system into the Teleaid antenna is beyond me.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:23 PM

2017 E300W
Originally Posted by scorchie

-s-
Just curious, what do you charge?

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TPAbnz
Just curious, what do you charge?
Please e-mail me with your car's configuration, as the price varies dependent upon a few things. Or your VIN.

-s-
Old 11-30-2004, 06:40 PM

E500
Amazing. Build a Chrysler 300C and factory installed Sirius with one year service is $195. And the antenna is not a trunk mount. It's integrated with the nav. Now who's getting hosed?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:52 PM

2017 E300W
Originally Posted by e500
Amazing. Build a Chrysler 300C and factory installed Sirius with one year service is $195. And the antenna is not a trunk mount. It's integrated with the nav. Now who's getting hosed?

US! The well-healed MB clientelle.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e500
Have you seen the 300C antenna?

But really, the price of Sirius for the 300C (and other cars) has been discussed here extensively already.

-s-
Old 11-30-2004, 08:12 PM

E55 Flint Grey/Merlot
e500: Thanks for the post. I had no idea!
scorchie: Did a search on "Sirius for 300C" and nothing came up.
I think the topic bears discussion (much good it will do us).
Old 11-30-2004, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vitaman
e500: Thanks for the post. I had no idea!
scorchie: Did a search on "Sirius for 300C" and nothing came up.
I think the topic bears discussion (much good it will do us).
Maybe your search is too narrow. But if you want to discuss it again and ignore the previous information that has been posted, that's fine.

The antenna is similar to the one mounted to the trunk of the Mercedes cars.

-s-