E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anyone in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Anyone in Colorado?

I the more I read posts here, the more I realized that no one seems to be in Colorado. Is that right?

If anyone here is in Colorado, please give me at least an idea of what general area you are in.

Just curious,

Steve A
Old 12-14-2004, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
What!!!!! No one else here is a mile high and ***-hole deep in snow????
Sorry Steve, couldn't resist :v

Last edited by HELL ONA HARLEY; 12-14-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
What!!!!! No one else here is a mile high and ***-hole deep in snow????
Sorry Steve, couldn't resist :v
What can I say? I thought that I was here ALL ALONE!! As per the "***-hole deep in snow," it just finally melted after 16 days, we have been having highs in the upper 50s, but the temperature drops to the teens at night. But, we have another storm on its way!

I will be up in the mountains this weekend to ski; I sure hope and wish I will be "***-hole deep in snow." I am still young, 31. The Cold does not faze me at all. Furthermore, after 14 years in Florida, I can't get enough of this great climate!

I DO appreciate your sense of humor!

Steve
Old 12-15-2004, 01:55 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
I know there is an E55 owner from Colorado. I can't remember who however.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:33 PM

2003 E320
I am in Louisville but work in Boulder. My W211 is a platinum blue 2003 E320.

Andy
Old 12-16-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Andrew_Mai
I am in Louisville but work in Boulder. My W211 is a platinum blue 2003 E320.

Andy
I guess we are the only two, for sure, but there is a possible 3rd in Colorado. Louisville is really close after all. I figured it most likely would be someone from the front range.

I guess you did not buy your 03 at Glauser (since they might not of been open then), but do you service your car there? How has your luck been?

You work right in my old stomping ground! I still have family in Devil's Thumb and I have been playing in the fields around your lab since I was a little kid . I have seen many Mountain Lions and two black bears right by the Thumb area. If I go by NCAR during the week, I'll see if I can remember to look out for your car. I have family coming over for the holidays and I will be in Boulder a few times.

Steve

Last edited by SAguirre; 12-16-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:39 PM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
SAguirre,

Call Kleemann in Colorado Springs and ask for Brandon. He can help you. Ask about a connection at the local MB dealer and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Kleemann US distribution is out of the Springs just off of Fillmore exit.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:03 PM

2003 E320
Steve,

Responding to your points in order:

I think there must be quite a few W211s running around Colorado. Glauser had more than a dozen on their lot the last time I looked.

I bought my car used (1209 miles on the odo) at Mercedes-Benz of Littleton in August, 2003. The original owner had it for all of two weeks. It looked and ran exactly as new and I saved about $4500 on the near $55,000 MSRP.

I do get it serviced at Glauser. The car pulled to the right very slightly, so I took it to Glauser. This was several weeks before they had their grand opening, but the service department was open. (So was sales, I suppose...) They did a computer alignment check and six numbers came up red. After the alignment procedure, which took about six hours, another print-out from the computer showed seven numbers red. It still pulled to the right. I then took the car to Barnsley on Pearl St. in Boulder and they made it right in about 20 minutes and did not charge me anything, since I buy my tires, wheels and brakes there.

I took the car to Glauser for the recent recalls and they also preformed a "Service C". They did not call me back until 20 minutes before they closed for the day. I went to pick up the car anyway, since they said they would leave it outside. (I had to take my spare key along.) When I arrived at the dealership, someone was working late on books or something. Anyway, he got my key for me and I signed the service contract. The car has run fine the whole time I've owned it, except for the "pulling to the right" problem.

It is unlikely that you will ever see my car on the streets at this time of the year. I never drive to work and only take it out on weekends to go to Denver. My wife and I have also enjoyed two road trips -- Houston and Vancouver. We used to do road trips like this in a Honda Civic. The difference is immense.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Andrew_Mai
Steve,

Responding to your points in order:

I think there must be quite a few W211s running around Colorado. Glauser had more than a dozen on their lot the last time I looked.

I bought my car used (1209 miles on the odo) at Mercedes-Benz of Littleton in August, 2003. The original owner had it for all of two weeks. It looked and ran exactly as new and I saved about $4500 on the near $55,000 MSRP.

I do get it serviced at Glauser. The car pulled to the right very slightly, so I took it to Glauser. This was several weeks before they had their grand opening, but the service department was open. (So was sales, I suppose...) They did a computer alignment check and six numbers came up red. After the alignment procedure, which took about six hours, another print-out from the computer showed seven numbers red. It still pulled to the right. I then took the car to Barnsley on Pearl St. in Boulder and they made it right in about 20 minutes and did not charge me anything, since I buy my tires, wheels and brakes there.

I took the car to Glauser for the recent recalls and they also preformed a "Service C". They did not call me back until 20 minutes before they closed for the day. I went to pick up the car anyway, since they said they would leave it outside. (I had to take my spare key along.) When I arrived at the dealership, someone was working late on books or something. Anyway, he got my key for me and I signed the service contract. The car has run fine the whole time I've owned it, except for the "pulling to the right" problem.

It is unlikely that you will ever see my car on the streets at this time of the year. I never drive to work and only take it out on weekends to go to Denver. My wife and I have also enjoyed two road trips -- Houston and Vancouver. We used to do road trips like this in a Honda Civic. The difference is immense.

I will respond all out of order here

I have heard that some W211s do like to pull. I a 4 Matic, which would lead you to believe that it would be more susceptible to pulling. However, the car has been totally straight under braking, acceleration and with both summer of winter tires. My Audi has been the same way (it now has 262,000 miles!), so I would be very upset if my car (that is pretty much new) did that.

I have not dealt much with MB of Littleton, but I have a love / hate relationship with Murray MB. My old 300E was always service in Niwot, I have since then become personal friends with the owner of the business and their mechanics. They will not be working on my 04 E320 for a while though. Mostly do to free service and warranty. Not to mention proprietary MB computers.

The Bransley family also lived in the Devil's Thumb neighborhood. Their kids are childhood friends of my Cousins. Barnsley's is well known and they have a great reputation. As per the problem at Glauser with the alignment, if the tech was "Scott" he was useless. I had a very serious complaint about his bad work (he threw my car out of alignment and deeply scratched my steering wheel when my car had 200 miles on it). Needless to say, he is no longer at Glauser.

Glauser does have a tendency to call late, but I usually call by 3:00 pm to see if the car will be ready. Who is your service rep. mine is Scott Elder and he is very good.

My Audi has developed rattles and is quite loud, it was purchased new in December of 1985 by my uncle as a gift at Stammler Porsche Audi in Boulder. It is inexplicable, but I absolutely love the car!! I drive it to work everyday (if I don't ride my bike). Otherwise I don't drive the W211 too much during the workweek. So to go back to your comment about ride comfort, I can totally relate to the difference in ride. My 300E was a real cruiser, but this one is even better! It might be the MP3 player, the SAT radio or the Sat Navigation that make the miles disappear, but the ride is whisper quiet (except with the ski rack on the roof). The farthest I have taken it was to Taos NM, but I take it up to Vail a few times a month. I will be in doing my pilgrimage to Florida this summer and I will be driving this time! That is a long haul.

Please send me a PM if there is anything that I can help you with!

Steven Aguirre
Old 12-17-2004, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Gid_E_Up
SAguirre,

Call Kleemann in Colorado Springs and ask for Brandon. He can help you. Ask about a connection at the local MB dealer and I'm sure you'll find what your looking for. Kleemann US distribution is out of the Springs just off of Fillmore exit.
So this is the Kleemann of the Kleemann aftermarket kits?? I had no idea that they were in Colorado! It is good to know, I might just stop by and see if there is a showroom to visit or something. . . or maybe not, I don't want to get tempted or anything! If I stop, my trips to New Mexico might get delayed do to some tunning!

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E.FIDDY.FIVE AMG
im located in denver co not to far from park meadows mall
Old 12-06-2009, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
^^^ Steve... After 5 yaers you finally have someone else up there with you.... ^^^
Old 12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
^^^ Steve... After 5 yaers you finally have someone else up there with you.... ^^^
Hey H ona H, great to see you back on the forum. Yes, I'm not alone anymore! My neighborhood is starting to have more and more Benzes now too. I guess that is a good sign.

btw, My 2004 now has 56K miles and I still have over 50% of the brakes left in all 4 corners! I'm getting more life out of these brakes than I have on any other car, ever! It has had little things go on it, but that is because I’m almost OCD about my cars.

How have you been?

Steve
Old 12-12-2009, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Originally Posted by SAguirre
Hey H ona H, great to see you back on the forum. Yes, I'm not alone anymore! My neighborhood is starting to have more and more Benzes now too. I guess that is a good sign.

btw, My 2004 now has 56K miles and I still have over 50% of the brakes left in all 4 corners! I'm getting more life out of these brakes than I have on any other car, ever! It has had little things go on it, but that is because I’m almost OCD about my cars.

How have you been?

Steve
56K and still have the original pads???? You must drive like an old lady! lol. Ours has nearly 80K now and have had threes sets of brakes, two sets of rotors and 4 sets of tires.... Up and Down 1300 ft in elevation daily with nothing but turns takes its toll. Yea, I still pop in once in a while to check up on things. Glad to see some familiar names still here. Everything is good at home. Hope all is well with you. Merry Christmas to you Steve.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:20 AM

09 E320 Bluetec
COS here. New to the whole Benz thing with an '09 E320 Bluetec.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
I grew up in Boulder an now split my time between there and Ft. Lauderdale. Boulder has some interesting stuff for a small market. Many people think the best Cobra/Ford GT restorer in the country is in Longmont. The Shelby Museum is incredible. A car that won Pebble a few years ago was restored and painted in a barn in Longmont. A guy that many think is the best independent Ferrari mechanic in country is in Boulder. Some of the cars I've seen there are priceless. All pretty unique stuff for a town that's pretty small. Some decent tracking and racing stuff with the new track open out East.

As far as the Benz stuff goes. I've got history with the three dealers. I don't like Westminster on the sales side but I've have some very good service work there. None of the dealers are exceptional though. Exceptional work kind of left town with them when the profits were squeezed in the car business. If you need anything specific drop me a PM. From growing up there and having had a bunch of cars I probably know somebody that can do the work. Enjoy your Benz and the area.