E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Dealership Screwed Up the Special Order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
when you ordered the car, the dealer should be able to get a confirmed ordered form from mercedes. You can ask a print out of that. It would state when the car is being build, color, and options on the car. (I have a picture of the form somewhere on my hard disc).

The dealer was able to make that print out from mercedes USA's system in about a week after my car was ordered.

When you ordered the car again, immeidately ask for this.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by krispykrme
when you ordered the car, the dealer should be able to get a confirmed ordered form from mercedes. You can ask a print out of that...
The above is the truth. The dealer knows from the start what is being produced and shipped to him before the car's parts ever arrive at the assembly plant... On all his custom orders.
Old 12-17-2004, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Originally Posted by larryssf
My thread on 12/10 announced that my car was at the Carson, Ca. prep center and should be at the dealership shortly. It arrived yesterday, and I was making arrangements to pick it. I asked for the detailed break down of the order and was informed that the car received was a different exterior and interior color. In addition, the options did not match my selection.

Extremely disappointed that the car will have to be reordered and will not be received until March.

Has anyone experienced this kind of screw up. Do you think the car (or the build date) was sold to another buyer?

They did that to me too. I ordered a white with a certain options and 2 weeks before it gets here he says that they ordered a black on black fully loaded for me. Freakin retards. So I left them. They offered to pay to make my car white but they said that would void warranty because they had to take things apart. Who in there right mind would do that? So I asked what they would do for me because no one would claim responsiblity, so he was like I'll knock off 2K off the price. I straight up laughed in his face and said go to hell. Walked out and never looked bad.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E320, '07 MDX
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
They did that to me too. I ordered a white with a certain options and 2 weeks before it gets here he says that they ordered a black on black fully loaded for me. Freakin retards. So I left them. They offered to pay to make my car white but they said that would void warranty because they had to take things apart. Who in there right mind would do that? So I asked what they would do for me because no one would claim responsiblity, so he was like I'll knock off 2K off the price. I straight up laughed in his face and said go to hell. Walked out and never looked bad.
Just so I know to avoid that dealer like the plague, can you tell us the dealer's name?
Old 12-17-2004, 10:29 PM

2005 E-500
Arrow Reponse to DACBIET

DACBIET:

Since we never know who is surfing this Forum, I prefer not to mention the dealership name until I receive the car. That is my focus for now. I will post a review of this matter after I am safely behind the wheel of my E-500.

Counting the days
Old 12-18-2004, 02:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
You are not alone. There appears to be something underhand going on in the US. Another example of a similar situation
Old 12-18-2004, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by Fastbuck
You are not alone. There appears to be something underhand going on in the US. Another example of a similar situation

I think CaptNemo2 and I went to the same school of 'Tact and Diplomacy'.

The tactful wording of his post bought a smile to my face

Regards,
John
Old 12-18-2004, 06:00 AM

SL500 '05
Unhappy

I think in general (UK Dealerships) need to smarten up there act.
Lexus beat them in all departments. I was suprised at the lack of customer service I recently experienced.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jasab
I think in general (UK Dealerships) need to smarten up there act.
Lexus beat them in all departments. I was suprised at the lack of customer service I recently experienced.
Hi jasab,
I think that is a fair comment, our local family run dealership was excellent and treated all his customers as individuals.

Now when I buying a Mercedes-Benz it gives the impression of going into an upper class supermarket.

Lexus has not taken off at all in the area where I live. Plus I have no idea where the nearest dealership is located, there are certainly not any in South Devon

It would be interesting if Lexus bought out a large estate car, but I cannot in all honest see me ever buying one.

Bye for now,
John
Old 12-18-2004, 06:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by glojo
I think CaptNemo2 and I went to the same school of 'Tact and Diplomacy'.

The tactful wording of his post bought a smile to my face

Absolutely. Let's invite him over to be our new Home Secretary!
Old 12-18-2004, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fastbuck
Absolutely. Let's invite him over to be our new Home Secretary!
Knowing my luck he will turn out to be another Scotsman

John