Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Exclamation " My Car Wouldn't Start Last night guys... "

What's Goin on guys?
I've got a crazy experience to share.

Last night i parked my car. and i shut off my car like i normally would to pull cash out of the atm.
Five minutes later i got back in my car and attemted to start the car and the engine failed to start up.
All of a sudden a message appears on my gauge bezel stating that " SRS FAILED check dealer "
At this point im freakin out, i just bought this car sept of last year granted i've got the warranty i'm kickin myself.
Anyhow i make a second attempt to start the car and again it didn't start.
And a second message appears stating "sbs failed check dealer"/ or some similar acronym. And of course i'm thinkin maybe i should call my towing company now to eleviate the pain. once again kickin myself. But hey i love my benz, so im not going to lose hope.
Three times worth a charm, but this time i took out my key and stuck it back in the laser ignition and attempted to start it up and BOOM... it started right up. What a relief....
No other messages came up after the successful start up.

Have any of you guys came across my situation?
Any resolutions?

I'm for sure taking my car in to the service dept first thing tommorow morning.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Almost a Member!

same thing happened to me numerous times,,for me..it was the battery in the trunk wasnt connected right,it happened 5 times to me,3 of the times the battery was just a peice of crap they said,the other battery wasnt connected right,and the last time they had to replace the module in the back, it sucked,but ya thats what happened to me,could be one of those 3
Old 02-03-2005, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Do you have "Keyless Go"? I do, and it has failed to crank after a momentary crank, many, many times. The display says ESP error, I believe. The dealer has never been able to duplicate the scenario. They tell me to be sure I am pressing on the brake pedal hard enough. I am NOT an idiot. I've waited a few minutes & retried with the keyless go, and it usually cranks & starts, but I've had it not crank at all for 10 minutes using keyless or trying the key. I just had to wait for the car to "reset" itself or something.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Remember...before you call a towing company....call the MB Roadside assistance number in your manual. They will come (eventually) and get the car running or get it towed to a dealer and get you where you need to be. It is free.

You can also use the "wrench" button to call for assistance.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Almost a Member!

my friend pushed that stupid wrench button before for the hell of it and it caused my whole command to mess up,was in the freakin shop for a month,a bunch of BS,i still dont see why MB has soo many dam problems,yet we still buy there cars
Old 02-03-2005, 09:45 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Barry45RPM,

As a matter of fact now that i think about it it did read ESP error.
I don't have keyless go on my benz.
When you took it into the dealer they didn't have a diagnosis or solution to the problem? this freakin sucks i tell ya.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
Could be a BCM (battery control module) problem. And I wouldn't have a foreign service give you a jump start. Have Benz do it. I've heard of problems on this board when not done properly.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by EclassOzz
my friend pushed that stupid wrench button before for the hell of it and it caused my whole command to mess up,was in the freakin shop for a month,a bunch of BS,i still dont see why MB has soo many dam problems,yet we still buy there cars
Ditto.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by JTMarlinCeo
Barry45RPM,

As a matter of fact now that i think about it it did read ESP error.
I don't have keyless go on my benz.
When you took it into the dealer they didn't have a diagnosis or solution to the problem? this freakin sucks i tell ya.
Nope, they couldn't duplicate the problem. RO came back with "Operates as designed". It still happens about every 12-15 starts.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:46 AM

2010 BMW F10 535i
W211 sucks

My W211 engine could not be started after a 10-day holidays.
I know this car is very power-consuming even when not in use but MB should have offered a better hi-powered battery for their cars. We are like the WHITE MOUSES in MB's lab.
Do we ask too much for the quality reliability ?? Absolutely NOT!! If MB doesn't know how to build a reliable car, go sell ice cream!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Almost a Member!

i dont know whats wrong with MB,i got rid of my e320 a few months ago and im thinking about gettin a w211,but im not sure,im soo sick of the problems i had with the 320,,i had it for less than a year and it was taken in to the dealership freakin more than 5 times,its a joke,you spend 55k on a car and you get 89328923 problems..from battery module,to the stereo to the sunroof..id go to vegas for the weekend,come back..my car wont start..go to oakland for 2 days,come back,wont start,its a joke, so i dont know,im kind of fed up with them,but ive always wanted to only own benz's...
Old 02-08-2005, 04:20 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
Originally Posted by stevenW211
My W211 engine could not be started after a 10-day holidays.
I know this car is very power-consuming even when not in use but MB should have offered a better hi-powered battery for their cars. We are like the WHITE MOUSES in MB's lab.
Do we ask too much for the quality reliability ?? Absolutely NOT!! If MB doesn't know how to build a reliable car, go sell ice cream!!!
MOUSES?