E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

New E550 2010 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
Nice ride and Congratulations !!! I'm sure you're luving the ride !!!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:13 AM

CL600 (sold) E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by E550
Have just a couple of questions:
1. Can I remove the start/stop engine button, if so how? can I just pull it off - don't want to break anything?
Never having had a car with keyless go, here is my noob follow up question. What do you guys do when you valet park? Do you just give the valet the key fob and explain it is keyless go, or do you take out the start/stop button and have the valet manually start the car?
Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by cmcbenz
I just got my black/black E550 Coupe!!!! This car is unbelievable. Definitely the best all around car I have ever owned/driven (beat out in my experience: 993 Carrera, '98 vette, '04 M3, '01 M5, '07 E55 AMG, and other ancillary average vehicles).

The car is better than I imagined. It's fast and sexy and smart. The automatic headlights are unreal, you just leave them on and they adapt in 8 different ways to the road on their own. Unreal. How do you setup the windows for one touch open/shut?

I drove 3 ladies to an event (60mi roundtrip) and they were quite comfortable in the car and couldn't stop praising it -> back seat is terrific for a coupe according to them. They had plenty of room and enjoyed the panoramic views due to lack of B pillar and the clear roof.

If you get one, I highly recommend the appearance package -> for the 5 way air bolstered seats. Without this, I think the seats would be too firm.

Here are some pictures... (hopefully these attachments will load...)
Congrats! Your car looks great! I haven't seen a black E550 Coupe yet, so I really enjoyed seeing yours. All windows in the car except for the 2 small rear side windows should open with one touch open/close. The two small rear windows open one touch, but don't close one touch--I think for some federal regulation.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
CLE53AMG
Originally Posted by Dartman
Never having had a car with keyless go, here is my noob follow up question. What do you guys do when you valet park? Do you just give the valet the key fob and explain it is keyless go, or do you take out the start/stop button and have the valet manually start the car?
i've wondered about this, too. my first valet drop off hasn't happened yet, but when it does i imagine it would go something like this: pull out the keyless go button, put in my key, and turn the sport mode OFF.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Just hand them the key. Valets know what the score is, MBs aren't the only cars in the universe with keyless go.......
Old 10-26-2009, 07:02 PM

BMW 550i
220S is correct. My 550i has "Comfort Access" which is the BMW version of keylees go and all I do is hand the valet the key and they know what to do.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:26 PM

CL600 (sold) E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by 220S
Just hand them the key. Valets know what the score is, MBs aren't the only cars in the universe with keyless go.......

Cool, thanks. I didn't mean to imply that Keyless Go is some future space age technology that no one has ever seen, it's just that I wasn't sure what most people do at a valet.

In my CL600, I would just turn it off and leave it out in front
Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Cool, thanks. I didn't mean to imply that Keyless Go is some future space age technology that no one has ever seen, it's just that I wasn't sure what most people do at a valet.

In my CL600, I would just turn it off and leave it out in front
It's a valid question. My dad has a Cadillac STS which has their version of Keyless Go and once a valet didn't push it off completely and left it in accessory mode overnight at a hotel. Needless to say it was dead the next morning.

Most won't be this stupid, I just avoid having my car valeted in general because I don't like people touching my car.

By the way...what do you guys think is a reasonable tip to hand the valet when you are leaving the car if you are trying to encourage him to keep it up front? Would you hand him a $10 or 20 and ask him to keep it close?
Old 10-26-2009, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
I just leave the keys in the cupholder.
Sometimes they'll use it properly, other times I'll find the button somewhere else in the car and the key in the ignition (this doesn't apply to my W220).
They can figure out the button is removable but can't figure out how to use the system? There must be another reason for this...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 AM

2010 E350
Sorry, i am a newbie to this forum and MB altogether.

When you are talking about open/shut on one touch for the windows, are you referring to (1) what MB calls express up and down power windows? Or are you referring to (2)opening or shutting all windows with one touch on the car or car remote? If you are referring to (2), please go explain the process in detail on how to program this.

Arctic Wht E350
Blk w/ Blk ash wood trim
P2 package
Sports Package
18" AMG Twin 6-spoke & Sport Steering Wheel
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM

CL600 (sold) E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by stanatl
They have some "special order" options that aren't listed in the brochure or on-line like the heated steering wheel (which I got).
I ordered the heated steering wheel too, with the sports package. I am hoping that it will be the 3-spoke steering wheel with the heat element. I can't seem to get confirmation on this... does anyone know?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Steering wheel combination on W212 is very confusing..... 3-spoke 4-spoke, wood, heated....

Certain combination is not allowed.....

Last edited by zaxxon; 10-31-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:27 PM

BMW 550i
I ordered the heated steering wheel too, with the sports package. I am hoping that it will be the 3-spoke steering wheel with the heat element. I can't seem to get confirmation on this... does anyone know?
I guess I assumed it was the 3 spoke wheel when I ordered the heated steering wheel option. I will send an e-mail to my salesguy and have him check. I'll let you know when I find out.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,014 Likes on 739 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I just leave the keys in the cupholder.
Sometimes they'll use it properly, other times I'll find the button somewhere else in the car and the key in the ignition (this doesn't apply to my W220).
They can figure out the button is removable but can't figure out how to use the system? There must be another reason for this...
What button is removable? I have Keyless Go and I'm not aware of any removeable buttons.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
What button is removable? I have Keyless Go and I'm not aware of any removeable buttons.
If your Keyless Go button is on the dash (where you insert the key) it's removable. If it's on the gear shifter, it's not removable. The W211 has it on the gear shifter so it's not removable, but the W212 has it on the dash.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 AM

2010 E550 Iridium Silver ; black int; burl walnut; rear & roof spoilers
i can see why you are so happy with your '10 E550 - i have had mine for a month now & driven 2500kms up here in Vancouver- i have nothing but good things to say since the car has surpassed my expectations .... smooth, powerful & sporty .....as to the height adjustment, when you push the button on the centre console, message "Vehicle Rising" will appear in the instrument cluster ......once pushed again it will not show & you can see the car lowering [ watch the silver star emblem as your gauge] .....have fun ! mine is iridium silver with all packages we have up here plus i added the roof & rear spoilers -- getting many compliments & looks .......hard to believe but i haven't yet seen another on the road yet.