E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Uh oh...New Generation 5er

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
You're a poseur with limited experience and a profound need to talk again and again.

At the limit on a road race course and a 1/4 or 1/8 are very differant things. Drag racing isn't the ticket to have credibility around handling.
Dont waste your time with this loser --> K-A , He just loves to repeat the same garbage ad nausuem. Hes been coming on the 212 board for months making the same comments about the new E relentlessley. For some one who dislikes a car as much as he does,he sure seems obsessed with it. What he doesnt seem to understand is that the 212 E is a far better car than the 211 E.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:21 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Dont waste your time with this loser --> K-A , He just loves to repeat the same garbage ad nausuem. Hes been coming on the 212 board for months making the same comments about the new E relentlessley. For some one who dislikes a car as much as he does,he sure seems obsessed with it. What he doesnt seem to understand is that the 212 E is a far better car than the 211 E.
Again, I know the 212 is the better car, I was noting it before you were. I can name where the 212 is better, and I can name the areas that have been "cheapened" per-se. I have my subjective opinions, but try as you might to write my views off as "bias", I am able to praise and criticize the objective aspects of these cars with an open mind, something I can't say about others....

Again, very mature with the personal insults. If you think about it for a second, maybe that treatment is why I like to stick around.

Last edited by K-A; 12-12-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Bubbaboy
K-A man enough is enough. I'm sure a lot of people have already seen this but I love it.

JD

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009/04/13...amg-in-action/
This is a Thread about the F10 correct? Is nobody supposed to talk good about it, or post info about it? I think some of you guys are way too touchy about the W212. I'm sure it might make everyone more comfortable to have this as a giant bash-fest against the Bimmer, but how boring would that be?

Last edited by K-A; 12-12-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Anyone can be and expert, all you need is a computer and access to the internet. I assumed with the strong opinions he had a fair amount of real experience but I think it might be just a lack of breast feeding and a need to yammer.

At any rate, congrats on the E550. That motor with with the 7SPD is one of my favorite combos. Plenty of go with 4 people in the car and not too obnoxious with the fuel. Do you miss the AMG rumble?

Credit to BMW and Benz on the E's and 5's. You can configure anything from a pretty thrifty car all the way up to a rocket. Utility can be thrown in with AWD stuff. I miss some of the older E's but there has never been a better time to buy a sedan IMO. Enjoy your car.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:17 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Anyone can be and expert, all you need is a computer and access to the internet. I assumed with the strong opinions he had a fair amount of real experience but I think it might be just a lack of breast feeding and a need to yammer.

At any rate, congrats on the E550. That motor with with the 7SPD is one of my favorite combos. Plenty of go with 4 people in the car and not too obnoxious with the fuel. Do you miss the AMG rumble?

Credit to BMW and Benz on the E's and 5's. You can configure anything from a pretty thrifty car all the way up to a rocket. Utility can be thrown in with AWD stuff. I miss some of the older E's but there has never been a better time to buy a sedan IMO. Enjoy your car.
Real experience in what? Since when have I claimed to be a performance expert?

I don't even know what subject you're picking on and referring to.

211 and 212 post identical handling numbers in track tests by Mags = Fact.

212 feels more nimble and feels like it handles better than the 211 = Fact.

BMW F10 will outhandle the 212 in both feel and track = Fact.

That's all I've said in regards to performance. If you put aside your little huff and puff attitude, maybe you'd have that realization.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:34 AM

E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by K-A
Real experience in what? Since when have I claimed to be a performance expert?
Got it. You aren't an expert. You just like to post a lot on the 212 forum because the electrons are free. I made the assumption, wrongly, based on the number of repetitive posts that there might be some real knowledge behind that chatter. It seems like you're good at quoting magazines and chirping though. Good for you! Even a dog is somebody on the internet.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Got it. You aren't an expert. You just like to post a lot on the 212 forum because the electrons are free. I made the assumption, wrongly, based on the number of repetitive posts that there might be some real knowledge behind that chatter. It seems like you're good at quoting magazines and chirping though. Good for you! Even a dog is somebody on the internet.
Plenty of knowledge. Far more times than not, I know exactly what I speak of when I claim I do, and I'll be the first to point out if I am not sure. Again, I don't jabber about performance much, so you basing whether I've raced on a road course has to do with my knowledge in pointing out the differences of interior quality in 268 HP E-Classes is hilarious.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:05 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

As well, you haven't answered my question. What subject was it where I apparently claimed to be a Road Course expert that got you whipping out your E-tough guy-isms with the personal attacks and insults?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
That motor with with the 7SPD is one of my favorite combos. Plenty of go with 4 people in the car and not too obnoxious with the fuel.
Credit to BMW and Benz on the E's and 5's. You can configure anything from a pretty thrifty car all the way up to a rocket. Utility can be thrown in with AWD stuff. I miss some of the older E's but there has never been a better time to buy a sedan IMO.
I'd personally like to see MB offer the MCT as an option on the E550. While the 7-GTronic is a good tranny, it was designed with mpg in mind. 6th and 7th are basically overdrive, imho. I can drive like Grandpa and still pull 19 city mpg with it, but to really get the AMG motor to do it's thing and keep the torque band alive, I make it stay in 1- 5 only.

Although the motor is the same on the new W212 E63, the MCT will give it quicker shifts and that's where the feel of better performance will be noticed, imho.

There were issues with the MCT on the SLs, but hopefully that has all been worked out. I know of a few SLs that were lemon'ed due to the MCT.

No doubt the option won't be on the ticket for a while so the new E63 won't get diluted. Just like BMW did with DCT. (p.s., interesting that BMW had its own issues with early DCTs)
Old 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by 220S
I'd personally like to see MB offer the MCT as an option on the E550. While the 7-GTronic is a good tranny, it was designed with mpg in mind. 6th and 7th are basically overdrive, imho. I can drive like Grandpa and still pull 19 city mpg with it, but to really get the AMG motor to do it's thing and keep the torque band alive, I make it stay in 1- 5 only.

Although the motor is the same on the new W212 E63, the MCT will give it quicker shifts and that's where the feel of better performance will be noticed, imho.

There were issues with the MCT on the SLs, but hopefully that has all been worked out. I know of a few SLs that were lemon'ed due to the MCT.

No doubt the option won't be on the ticket for a while so the new E63 won't get diluted. Just like BMW did with DCT. (p.s., interesting that BMW had its own issues with early DCTs)
I've never liked the 7-Gtronic compared to the 5-speed. Can select my own gear with the 5 speed instead of the thing dropping to lowest one by itself. I know its probably not a big deal, but I just like it my way

Also, the 5 speed can handle more torque (that is why the 55K engines and V12TT came with 5 speed).

I agree I don't see the point in the 7th (even maybe the 6th) gear besides hwy mpg. I remember a transmission engineer of some sort quoting here that any tranny more than 5 gears is pretty useless in regards to the 7th or 8th gear. I mean, are we in a transmission gear war now that MB came out with 7, then Lexus with 8, and BMW with 8??? I think it's a little over kill.

Last edited by gaazmon; 12-12-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:56 PM

E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by 220S

The MCT, as I understand it, could be a better fit for the -63 motors as long as it still can function fairly smoothly when you want it to. It's a thrill backing up a high HP sedan when the tranny is lurching. I still like the 7speeder for the more average type cars. I've got it in a clk550 I just drove 1300 miles on the hwy. It was great. 25MPG at 80MPH and the transmission wasn't hunting all over. I think they've done a good job with the SW balance.

The new transmissions like PDK are sensational. I drove a PCar with one and it was terrific. Much better than the Ferrari F1, Lambo EGear, SMG, and so on. Having said that, they scare me to death from an issues standpoint. Everybody has had big problems with the semi-autos in the early going. Both the driving and the reliability. In two years it will be the way to go.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

The 5-Speed on my S500 was pretty solid, the 7 on my E is far more finicky and jerky, although the Valve Body change has really helped it. In S Mode however, it can get pretty jarring at times. 220s, is the AMG's 7-Speed identical to the one on the E350? Or beefed up?

Some more pics of the F10::

Some people were curious to see how it would do with ugly little rims, still pretty good IMO:

Rear looks actually better in the real life pic than press I think:

Nice pic of the interior:
Old 12-12-2009, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by K-A
The 5-Speed on my S500 was pretty solid, the 7 on my E is far more finicky and jerky, although the Valve Body change has really helped it. In S Mode however, it can get pretty jarring at times.
Ya, the 5-speed in our CL500 is actually wwwaaayyyyyy better than the one in my e320. It is very smooth, good response, and never has any issues in regards to the throttle control and what not. I think the lower model cars come with a cheaper design or something, no way the CL500 I have has the same tranny as my E320 even though it is both 5 speed. I guess that's what you get for buying a S/CL vs buying a C/E.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:46 PM

E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Ya, the 5-speed in our CL500 is actually wwwaaayyyyyy better than the one in my e320. It is very smooth, good response, and never has any issues in regards to the throttle control and what not. I think the lower model cars come with a cheaper design or something, no way the CL500 I have has the same tranny as my E320 even though it is both 5 speed. I guess that's what you get for buying a S/CL vs buying a C/E.
I can't tell any difference between the CLK550 and SL550. Maybe it's model year and SW rev?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG
[QUOTE=gaazmon;3845860]
Originally Posted by WWMIndy

Ummm... that IS the sport (AMG body) version of the E, LOL. I want to see the M pack 5, that would be nice.
sorry man, this is not the sport pack...see below pic - the car does not have the rear bumper and side skirts...this is a luxury version with p2

i thought it was at first too because of the led's but that's just a result of the lighting package...
Attached Thumbnails Uh oh...New Generation 5er-b1.jpg