Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Yeah i was wondering what happened to your reply there, lol.. My 212 will look identical but my 550 badge will be a lot rarer than the 350.. Im also looking into adding some nice wheels soon and smoking out the tail lights.

Actually I read your original review ,solid write up. Too bad you dont feel the same way about the exterior as im sure you would prb have been very interested in getting into the new E class if you liked the styling.
Absolutely, I think I cried there for a while about how much I wish I loved the exterior actually. I love the way my car drives, but the 212 really takes care of any little issues I may have with it, mainly in the "solidity" dept, my 211 feels really strong and solid, but the 212 just feels like they tightened up the screws that much more.

I actually recently saw a 212 with smoked out tails, and I gotta admit, it really helped the rear and looked pretty sinister, I would really recommend that. And yeah, the 550 badge will definitely keep your car on the major rare side, lol.

If I had a 212, my mods would be: smoked rears, smoked front orange lights, full tints, rear lip spoiler, maaybe the rear window louver (hate it on Benzes, but I think I kind of liked it on the 212, maybe it's the whole angular thing that makes it fit better), and E63 wheels. Maybe paint the inside louvers of the front grille to make it match the color of the car (my car has this done by default as the louvers of my grille came silver-pewter and it looks really clean). Basically anything to give it some uniqueness without going into real "mod" territory as I've never been too crazy about Aftermarket Benzes.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Originally Posted by K-A
Absolutely, I think I cried there for a while about how much I wish I loved the exterior actually. I love the way my car drives, but the 212 really takes care of any little issues I may have with it, mainly in the "solidity" dept, my 211 feels really strong and solid, but the 212 just feels like they tightened up the screws that much more.

I actually recently saw a 212 with smoked out tails, and I gotta admit, it really helped the rear and looked pretty sinister, I would really recommend that. And yeah, the 550 badge will definitely keep your car on the major rare side, lol.

If I had a 212, my mods would be: smoked rears, smoked front orange lights, full tints, rear lip spoiler, maaybe the rear window louver (hate it on Benzes, but I think I kind of liked it on the 212, maybe it's the whole angular thing that makes it fit better), and E63 wheels. Maybe paint the inside louvers of the front grille to make it match the color of the car (my car has this done by default as the louvers of my grille came silver-pewter and it looks really clean). Basically anything to give it some uniqueness without going into real "mod" territory as I've never been too crazy about Aftermarket Benzes.

Wait for the W213, Mercedes will prb go back to the traditional styling and BMW will go back to the Bangle styling. It recycles, lol.. I love the new aggressive styling.

Are there different levels of how dark the smoked tails can be ? I wouldnt want them too dark. Also I imagine you would only smoke the red area,correct ? I personally am not a fan of the roof spoiler at all,especially on a sedan. Thats a no no for me. Definatley the trunk spoiler though.
That is pretty cool that the inside louvers on your grill matches the color of your car. Im still debating if i should even tint my windows, believe it or not they actually look like they are already some what tinted ? strange. But if i do i wont go lower than 35%.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:27 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Wait for the W213, Mercedes will prb go back to the traditional styling and BMW will go back to the Bangle styling. It recycles, lol.. I love the new aggressive styling.

Are there different levels of how dark the smoked tails can be ? I wouldnt want them too dark. Also I imagine you would only smoke the red area,correct ? I personally am not a fan of the roof spoiler at all,especially on a sedan. Thats a no no for me. Definatley the trunk spoiler though.
That is pretty cool that the inside louvers on your grill matches the color of your car. Im still debating if i should even tint my windows, believe it or not they actually look like they are already some what tinted ? strange. But if i do i wont go lower than 35%.
Yeah there are two levels I think, it's a really thick, durable tint, one is super dark, which doesn't really look good, and the one I got it the "lightest" one, which is still dark, but you still see a decent red hue in some lights, and no problems with brake lights, etc. Yeah, only do the red area and leave the whites!

Yeah, gotta see the roof spoiler again, but I'll take your word for it, never liked them on a car, tacky and too busy.

Yeah, I love the louvers matching, gives the front a nice clean look, I've seen pewter E55's (use black slats in the grille) and actually like my front better lol.

Yeah, your windows actually have a blue tint to them, so you're definitely not imagining things.

Agreed about the W213, M-B is gonna do exactly what BMW is doing now, basically evolve and refine/tame what was brought out to be a relative statement/controversial-ish design, I can see it now, everyone on the Board will be saying "ahh that looks boring" and me saying "finally M-B got me back! They smoothed and cleaned up the design!", haha. BMW and M-B always go in circles, it's hilarious.

My friend really likes the front of the new E, but hates the rear (same negative comments people make about it), overall he says he likes it, but wants to wait for the next generation when he assumes they'll "fix" the areas he doesn't like. I told him it'll be 7 years and he was pissed, lol.

I think of the 212 like the 210, which makes sense as M-B says every other generation they "revolutionize" with a statement, then they follow with refining and honing that design theme in, and the 213 will probably "211" it.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
esix, I agree. the 550s are a rare breed. I've seen more 63 than 550s on the road.

I think my favorite thing about the W204 and W212 is the cars response to the driver. The W203 and W211 was less responsive vs the new line just listens to the driver really well.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335i, shopping for e63
I am considering a 211 e63 09 or possibly a 212 e550. Was wondering if you could compare the differences between the two in areas such as handling, power, etc. obviously the e63 is going to be faster but do you really miss the power or was it only really noticeable when you really hammer it on occassion? How about cornering...if you put the e550 in sport 2 does it corner well?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by EJ_92606
I am considering a 211 e63 09 or possibly a 212 e550. Was wondering if you could compare the differences between the two in areas such as handling, power, etc. obviously the e63 is going to be faster but do you really miss the power or was it only really noticeable when you really hammer it on occassion? How about cornering...if you put the e550 in sport 2 does it corner well?

Thanks
In regards to airmatic sport 2, it makes a huge difference vs comfort mode. I really like the option. Car corners very well even on none AMG models.