E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Seeking opinions from W212 owners who were prior W211 owners..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Originally Posted by 220S
Anyway, again it's all really about perception. If the figures are very much the same as the last version of the W211, but the car feels better, then that's a good thing. It means MB made the car feel more like a driver's car even if the actual figures haven't changed very much. And that's what counts, imho, despite the reality.
Well said and gracious by somebody that owns the uber AMG iron and has bragging rights. Perception is so important and the numbers much less relevant than the emphasis on them IMO. I spend a fair amount of time on the track. A decent driver in an E350 can toast an average driver in an E63 and neither is a decent track car anyways. So the obsession on the numbers is a little baffling to me. I like the AMG's because they feel and sound great but are still nice day to day. The M5 may put up better numbers but after two weeks when you're in the urban jungle and not doing hot laps, the skinny tires, trolley tracking and very tight suspension can get to be a PITA.

I drove a 212 for two days and it felt better to me in every way over a 211. The seats, HVAC and steering to name a few items. It's funny how I spent some time with one and now every time I see a new E I think "that's a nice car" and I like the looks of it.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by Boulder GT3
I like the AMG's because they feel and sound great but are still nice day to day. The M5 may put up better numbers but after two weeks when you're in the urban jungle and not doing hot laps, the skinny tires, trolley tracking and very tight suspension can get to be a PITA.
I chose the AMG over the current E60 M5 for those reasons. I have an old school 993 for the weekends and PCA DEs and AX, etc.. The E63 was a good choice for me, personally.

There are the stats on paper and then there is the real world reality of daily driving and ownership. People should really think before they buy, and leave the car magazines at home. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Originally Posted by K-A
I'm in the same boat as you in regards to the "un-Mercedes" like feel in areas, at least compared to what we're used to. The interior of the 212 is one of my worst favorite areas of it, lots of hard and seemingly "cheap" materials and plastic surfaces, albeit they do feel tough and durable, just not too refined. The whole door areas and trim for example are very industrial and kind of hard/cheap-ish feeling. I can go on about the interior materials. M-B knocked a good $5K off this car, so that had to come from somewhere....

I don't like the exterior too and agree about the Caddy influence, but hey, to each their own.

There are in fact many engineering advancements, and the car will drive like your 211, just a bit better in every way, best way to tell HOW much better you think it drives is by Test Driving one. Some think it's a big improvement in driving, and there are also some people, and even Mag Articles that state the driving doesn't feel significantly different or noticeably improved at all, which is a good thing as the 211 is and follows a winning formula. I pay attention well, so it felt familiar to me, just like I was driving mine, but I could notice the underlying confidence the more precise steering and solidified structural integrity. The cars handling DOES *feel* a bit better and more confident than the 211's, but all performance numbers, including slalom, skidpad, braking, etc. are identical, so I think the added chassis solidity just gives you that extra precise and confident feel, however doesn't really translate to performance numbers. I like the heavier steering of my pre-F.L W211, and have heard people complain that the new 212 is a bit over-boosted, and to fickle at high speeds, I haven't gotten one up to high enough speeds to say personally.

All in all, since you seem to judge interior design and quality and even the exterior similarly to me, it'll come down to which has more pluses that speak to you, I'd say give one a nice Test Drive and you'll see where your heart and mind will take you.

As well, the E-Class isn't the only player in the game anymore, lots of cars are catching and have caught up, I'd say look at some other brands, Jags XF, the '11 5-Series, etc.

Hey, 100% agree with you.
Just got 2010 E350 with mb tex and the material over the door, dash, seat feels cheap and rough.
I got a 2008 acura MDX and the material seems much refined.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
are you for real ??? Do you have the P2 package with the HK stereo system ? or some kind of stock radio in your 350 ? There is no comparison as to which Stereo system is better. The Stereo in my 08 E63 cannot even be compared to the Stereo in my E550.

W212 - 610 watts 14 speakers

W211 - 510 watts 12 speakers

I have no idea what kind of stereo was fitted into your car,definatley not the stereo i have in my 550.. The mids and Highs are very crisp,loud and clear. The Bass hits soft but hard, imo the Stereo is top notch.
I only have P1 on my car but the speaker panels say HK and the MBUSA doesn't mention a different stereo package included in P2 so I would assume we have the same stereos.

Which is really weird because the W212 system is so much worse than the W211 system, the 212 system is annoyingly poor. Combined with the horrible quality Sirius satellite radio it makes my ears bleed lol.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 AM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by DieselNY
I drove again today in s-mode and I am still getting 1-2MPG better and I can't figure out why. In c-mode I hover around 18.5-19mpg and in s-mode after a little bit on the road I am doing 20/21.
I've noticed that also on my car (I have a W211). I get better mileage in S mode then in C. The reason is that in S mode you get more "free roll" on the highway. I believe this is because the engine brake is stronger in C mode than in S mode. On my way to work the highway goes down a hill for about 2 miles. In S mode I can just coast down doing 70mph without touching the gas pedal. In C mode I have to pump the gas pedal periodically to maintain that 70mph.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
I've noticed that also on my car (I have a W211). I get better mileage in S mode then in C. The reason is that in S mode you get more "free roll" on the highway. I believe this is because the engine brake is stronger in C mode than in S mode. On my way to work the highway goes down a hill for about 2 miles. In S mode I can just coast down doing 70mph without touching the gas pedal. In C mode I have to pump the gas pedal periodically to maintain that 70mph.
It's actually should be upside down. A car should get free roll on C and engine brake on S....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
are you for real ??? Do you have the P2 package with the HK stereo system ? or some kind of stock radio in your 350 ? There is no comparison as to which Stereo system is better. The Stereo in my 08 E63 cannot even be compared to the Stereo in my E550.

W212 - 610 watts 14 speakers

W211 - 510 watts 12 speakers

I have no idea what kind of stereo was fitted into your car,definatley not the stereo i have in my 550.. The mids and Highs are very crisp,loud and clear. The Bass hits soft but hard, imo the Stereo is top notch.
I know the reason why my stereo sucks....because my rear subwoofer does not work properly.....it rattles and the sound level twice less than front speakers. I'm going to drop my car at MB service today and they will look at it. I compared my sound to another car at the dealership...and it's totally different. I'll tell you my Stereo impression after they will fix it, but now I'm not sure that W212 stereo worse than W211
Old 01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by danil34
Hey, 100% agree with you.
Just got 2010 E350 with mb tex and the material over the door, dash, seat feels cheap and rough.
I got a 2008 acura MDX and the material seems much refined.
Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the case. And complaining about it is good! It gets action, if nobody brings this stuff up, M-B and the like will just keep getting by like that, why put money into those areas when nobody's paying attention? I always bring up the abomination of an interior the W204's is, I'm embarrassed for the brand every time I sit in one, truly.

Originally Posted by aeggroup
It's actually should be upside down. A car should get free roll on C and engine brake on S....
Yeah, it's weird, it should be the other way around, but with my car as well, S mode gives me tons more free roll.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah, it's weird, it should be the other way around, but with my car as well, S mode gives me tons more free roll.
They got your software mixed up at the factory

But hey, it's the opposite with the 7G AMG Speedshift tranny. S works just like it should. C is for Grandpa with lotsa free roll and way low shift points and better mpg.

Today I was up in the canyons getting my tranny set up for some spirited driving. I spent about 40 minutes training it. In S mode it now has max shift points and with perfect downshifting (with the motor compression and foot braking for corner entrance and high rpms for the exit.)

And if you set the tranny manually to not go over 4th gear, it uses the motor's powerband perfectly. Just go to S mode then manually row the gears but don't go beyond 4th (or 5th depending on the speed you need) Then let it do its own thing. It will not go beyond 4th (until you actually red line it.) It'll stay in 1-4. That keeps the motor in the strong rpm range by not letting it go into the overdrive gears (6th and 7th) and keeping the rpms up there. You finally have decent throttle control with an auto box.

p.s., plus you get to watch the gas gauge drop like a rock, too
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nice. I'm gonna take a guess and say in those spirited sessions you're sitting on a solid 5-7 MPG's?
Old 01-05-2010, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah, unfortunately that seems to be the case. And complaining about it is good! It gets action, if nobody brings this stuff up, M-B and the like will just keep getting by like that, why put money into those areas when nobody's paying attention? I always bring up the abomination of an interior the W204's is, I'm embarrassed for the brand every time I sit in one, truly.

Back in June of '08 pre-W212, I had the chance to drive a new C300 as a loaner from my dealer, it was brand new with some 7 miles on it. Rather than re-type my thoughts, here is a link to my thread and the subsequent comments: https://mbworld.org/forums/general-m...hese-days.html
Old 01-05-2010, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CE750
Back in June of '08 pre-W212, I had the chance to drive a new C300 as a loaner from my dealer, it was brand new with some 7 miles on it. Rather than re-type my thoughts, here is a link to my thread and the subsequent comments: https://mbworld.org/forums/general-m...hese-days.html
To add to your linked post, I remember when I had a C300 loaner. I thought it drove quite nicely and looked nice on the outside. My partner went for a ride and as she was thinking of a new car, she paid close attention. But the minute she stepped foot in it, she freaked out at the interior. It was an immediate no sale for her (she's head of design at one of the world's largest record companies, btw.) She liked the car but felt she could never live with the cheapness and esp the mishmash of the design elements of the interior.

Later on, I thought maybe I could live with it and looked at the C63 for myself. I ended up with a new (leftover) W211 E63 instead.

And the W212 E63 (and the 350/550) has gone the same route. No more Alcantara headliner, cheap translucent fabric covering the pano. Odd looking door panels with less padding, etc. Funky door handles. Chrome color painted vents, etc.. Sharing too many bits and pieces from the spartan C Class interior.

And others have taken notice, too: https://mbworld.org/forums/3783534-post1.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/3862147-post1.html

It's unfortunate that these cars are de-evolving material-wise. But cost cutting has to come from somewhere (labor being the first cut; materials and vendors next.) There was a period when Daimler built cars sparing no expense in both technology and materials, and was known around the world for that philosophy. And so it's a disappointment to see what's happening now.

But in defense of MB, it seems it's the general direction of a lot of manufacturers (the Japanese cars have the greatest mishmash of plastic and bizarre interiors of all. A friend of ours bought an Accord and it's the weirdest looking thing on Earth, imho. The interior looks like a cheap arcade game console.)

I'd personally love to have a car with old school materials and looks, and with new world technology and performance. I'd pay the extra $$, too.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 134 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I'm no expert in materials and as dumb as a bag of hammers, but I don't think all the changes are cost driven. There is just too much competition out there to lower their standards. I think a lot has to do with durability or weight. Some of it is functional. A good example is the fabric covering the pano roof. In cold climates like mine, it prevents moisture because of the perforation of the fabric. When the glass panel is covered with ice, the heat from inside make it sweat if there is no air flow. Designs are getting more and more functional and it certainly affects the eye appeal of the product. I believe the current crop of MBs are the most reliable and durable they have ever produced. They may not be the most luxurious. I have not returned to the dealer for a single failure or adjustment in my first four months of ownership with this car. That is a first for me in many years of MB ownership.

PS I am a 03 E320, 03 CLK500, 04 SL500 survivor. To make matters worse, I owned all three at the same time. That was cruel and unusual punishment.

Last edited by petee1997; 01-05-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by petee1997
I'm no expert in materials and as dumb as a bag of hammers, but I don't think all the changes are cost driven. There is just too much competition out there to lower their standards. I think a lot has to do with durability or weight. Some of it is functional. A good example is the fabric covering the pano roof. In cold climates like mine, it prevents moisture because of the perforation of the fabric. When the glass panel is covered with ice, the heat from inside make it sweat if there is no air flow. Designs are getting more and more functional and it certainly affects the eye appeal of the product. I believe the current crop of MBs are the most reliable and durable they have ever produced. They may not be the most luxurious. I have not returned to the dealer for a single failure or adjustment in my first four months of ownership with this car. That is a first for me in many years of MB ownership.
PS I am a 03 E320, 03 CLK500, 04 SL500 survivor. To make matters worse, I owned all three at the same time. That was cruel and unusual punishment.
For someone as dumb as a plate of poutine, you have a valid point. Materials can't be 100% cost driven otherwise we'd be driving something not unlike pre-VAG Skodas (which were 90% no form and no function )

And yes, if materials are too durable then they wouldn't need replacement. For a while MB overbuilt and their cars lasted too long. Of course most people now seem to lease and replace cars every time they get bored with life. So even a car made to last forever probably wouldn't cut into profitability too much these days.

Yeah, form follows function. But 'form follows function' is a hot debate in design. Ornament is not 100% superfluous nor is it a "crime" as the Modernists first proposed. Sure Alcantara is meaningless in respect to function, but the tactile quality of the material is extremely sensual and pleasing. Therefore it can actually 'function' in respect to giving the customer a more pleasant and luxurious environment and a desire for purchasing the car.

And that is why ornament is recognized even by many proponents of the 'form follows function' dogma as something actually functional. Nice quality material may not be based entirely on the function of the car (or cost of production) but it does function to give the owner a nice feeling; something unique and thoughtful. Not just something that happens to work and is also cost effective. We'd all be driving appliances otherwise.

And early on, this was MB's philosophy. That form and function and ornament can all work together as equal priority.

p.s., in respect to having the car actually function (re: your 2003 Daimler Chrysler nightmares), that's a given. Nobody wants a Fiat ("Fix-It-Again-Tony") from yesterday

Last edited by 220S; 01-05-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
ipp

W166 ML350 BT
No more Alcantara headliner, cheap translucent fabric covering the pano.
I just came back from the Mercedes showroom at Kurfürstendamm in Berlin, and the 2010 E63 I sat in for sure had Alcantara headliner.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM

2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo
I was a 211 owner and CANT wait to get my 212!!! Such a huge improvement!! I love the 212.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by CE750
Totally agreed. I wrote a similar one after I drove it. Simply a putrid interior, and to me it's a sign of where the brand is going, and if people are accepting THAT interior, those of us who long for the Luxurious and "fancy" days of M-B interiors, are in trouble, unless we go for an S-Class, which thankfully uses outstanding materials inside.

To add to your linked post, I remember when I had a C300 loaner. I thought it drove quite nicely and looked nice on the outside. My partner went for a ride and as she was thinking of a new car, she paid close attention. But the minute she stepped foot in it, she freaked out at the interior. It was an immediate no sale for her (she's head of design at one of the world's largest record companies, btw.) She liked the car but felt she could never live with the cheapness and esp the mishmash of the design elements of the interior.

Later on, I thought maybe I could live with it and looked at the C63 for myself. I ended up with a new (leftover) W211 E63 instead.

And the W212 E63 (and the 350/550) has gone the same route. No more Alcantara headliner, cheap translucent fabric covering the pano. Odd looking door panels with less padding, etc. Funky door handles. Chrome color painted vents, etc.. Sharing too many bits and pieces from the spartan C Class interior.

And others have taken notice, too: https://mbworld.org/forums/3783534-post1.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/3862147-post1.html

It's unfortunate that these cars are de-evolving material-wise. But cost cutting has to come from somewhere (labor being the first cut; materials and vendors next.) There was a period when Daimler built cars sparing no expense in both technology and materials, and was known around the world for that philosophy. And so it's a disappointment to see what's happening now.

But in defense of MB, it seems it's the general direction of a lot of manufacturers (the Japanese cars have the greatest mishmash of plastic and bizarre interiors of all. A friend of ours bought an Accord and it's the weirdest looking thing on Earth, imho. The interior looks like a cheap arcade game console.)

I'd personally love to have a car with old school materials and looks, and with new world technology and performance. I'd pay the extra $$, too.
Agreed. At the L.A Auto Show a couple of my friends sat in the 212 and were just put off with the hard materials and plastic fetish inside. We sat in a W221 afterwards and it was like night and day, so much more plush and luxurious.

Originally Posted by petee1997

I agree that the materials are more durable than some earlier cars, but to me, the expense that comes at is not worth it. Like I've said before, in a 211 there's a lot of soft touch, and carpeting, etc. Which is probably not as "tough" as the plastic replacements in the 212, and will suffer more damage if they get dirty, or something spills, etc. To me I prefer to take the chance as I really appreciate elegant materials, but for M-B, the move to harder and more durable materials, will essentially save them and some of their customers potential headaches, and $$.

One thing that I've read (from a BMW rep), that people don't seem to really know about, is that "Green"/environmental regulations are what are driving plastic materials in cars to get cheapened. Manufacturers are using much more environmentally healthy plastics and such, which don't feel as luxurious unfortunately. I'm sure cost saving is also a factor with the newer materials.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM

2010 E350 Sport 4 Matic, 2008 Lexus GX470, 03 SVT Cobra, 08 F250 Twin Turbo Diesel, 07' Lexus ES350
Although my W212 is the first Mercedes of my Fleet, it surely won't be my last. I almost purchased a W211 earlier in the year with the $10k off of MSRP blowouts that some dealers were offering. However after I had the opportunity to drive a W212 that a local dealer had just gotten in, I knew for me "Personally", it was no competition. I like an agressive looking car. I like a more modern appearance and cutting edge lines on the interior of a vehicle. That is why I went for the W212. I didn't "Dislike" the W211, but merely preferred the agressive look combined with the cleaner lines/more durable interior.
Having had my W212 for only a week, the only complaint I have had is listed in a previous thread (The glare of air vent in front of driver's side mirror on drivers window). Other than that, you may attribute it to lack of experience with the particular vehicle to have little dislikes for, but with my previous Range Rover and sleu of Lexus's, the dislikes had already come at this point.
Other than that, the wife liked creature comforts such as the Latch hook placement for carseats in the rear seat, and the layout of the navigation up near the windshield.

Last edited by mvpjeffmvp; 01-05-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
One thing that I've read (from a BMW rep), that people don't seem to really know about, is that "Green"/environmental regulations are what are driving plastic materials in cars to get cheapened. Manufacturers are using much more environmentally healthy plastics and such, which don't feel as luxurious unfortunately. I'm sure cost saving is also a factor with the newer materials.
fwiw, Volvo suffered with this. Even the glue they used for door panels and dashboards was environmentally sound, but eventually it didn't hold together.

They were one of the first to go green. The Volvo interior does look sorta cheap[er] to this day.

They did it primarily to not jeopardize their worker's health (esp the glue choice.) Of course now that Ford sold them to a Chinese company all that might go out the window.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by mvpjeffmvp
Although my W212 is the first Mercedes of my Fleet, it surely won't be my last. I almost purchased a W211 earlier in the year with the $10k off of MSRP blowouts that some dealers were offering. However after I had the opportunity to drive a W212 that a local dealer had just gotten in, I knew for me "Personally", it was no competition. I like an agressive looking car. I like a more modern appearance and cutting edge lines on the interior of a vehicle. That is why I went for the W212. I didn't "Dislike" the W211, but merely preferred the agressive look combined with the cleaner lines/more durable interior.
Having had my W212 for only a week, the only complaint I have had is listed in a previous thread (The glare of air vent in front of driver's side mirror on drivers window). Other than that, you may attribute it to lack of experience with the particular vehicle to have little dislikes for, but with my previous Range Rover and sleu of Lexus's, the dislikes had already come at this point.
Other than that, the wife liked creature comforts such as the Latch hook placement for carseats in the rear seat, and the layout of the navigation up near the windshield.
Nice. Congrats. Yeah, the 211 and 212 are vehicles with extremely different aesthetic personalities. I truly think if neither had a badge on them, i.e one wasn't the continuation of the other, nobody who bought a 211 for its looks would consider a 212, and vice versa. Of course M-B faithful will love the 211 when it's out for its styling attributes, then immediately follow into liking a 212 for its styling attributes. However to me, if I think someone (who isn't an M-B appreciator/fan necessarily) likes one of these cars, they probably won't love the other.

Just as you stated your interests are in why you like the 212, I prefer the classic lines and look of the 211, and smoother interior/lines, etc. Pretty funny, both like each for opposite reasons. I do think that the 212's lines aren't very "clean" personally, although I think I know what you mean, being that they are crisp, and surfaces are flat, and it is definitely aggressive.

I like that you've got an '03 Cobra too. Love the Terminators.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

fwiw, Volvo suffered with this. Even the glue they used for door panels and dashboards was environmentally sound, but eventually it didn't hold together.

They were one of the first to go green. The Volvo interior does look sorta cheap[er] to this day.

They did it primarily to not jeopardize their worker's health (esp the glue choice.) Of course now that Ford sold them to a Chinese company all that might go out the window.
Interesting. I guess it just sucks, as the old adage goes, you can't have the best of both worlds.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
holy crap about the interior qualities. The 211s wasn't brilliant, nor is the 212. The E-class is not a luxury car. Its a middle of the road sedan with some nice wood and some decent options. Even standard 221 models don't have great materials. If its not wrapped in leather, its not anything spectacular.

Take a look/drive in a bentley continental or flying spur and you'll never want to be in anything less than an S600.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Obviously a Bentley's interior takes a dump on even an S550's. However, there's enough of a difference between the 211 interior materials and the 212's, or a 204's and 203's, 220's/221's, etc. to spark a convo/debate.

Best interior of any car I sat in during the L.A Auto Show was the Jag XJ's. Beautiful. Second was perhaps the XF's, which IMO right now is its class leader in terms of interior.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 PM

2010 E350 Sport 4 Matic, 2008 Lexus GX470, 03 SVT Cobra, 08 F250 Twin Turbo Diesel, 07' Lexus ES350
Originally Posted by K-A
Nice. Congrats. Yeah, the 211 and 212 are vehicles with extremely different aesthetic personalities. I truly think if neither had a badge on them, i.e one wasn't the continuation of the other, nobody who bought a 211 for its looks would consider a 212, and vice versa. Of course M-B faithful will love the 211 when it's out for its styling attributes, then immediately follow into liking a 212 for its styling attributes. However to me, if I think someone (who isn't an M-B appreciator/fan necessarily) likes one of these cars, they probably won't love the other.

Just as you stated your interests are in why you like the 212, I prefer the classic lines and look of the 211, and smoother interior/lines, etc. Pretty funny, both like each for opposite reasons. I do think that the 212's lines aren't very "clean" personally, although I think I know what you mean, being that they are crisp, and surfaces are flat, and it is definitely aggressive.

You hit the nail on the head. I initially liked the W211 for the "Classy" appeal. Saw the W212 in pictures and thought "Oh my god, it's got a Cadillac front end with a Hyundai Body", but it grew on me the instant I saw it in person.

Since you brought it up, the 03' Cobra right now has CCW Classic Rims, Stage V Ported Eaton Blower, and the other gizmo's here and there. 520hp/544tq on Dynojet. Only 11k miles. I desperately want a Gallardo, and was toying with the idea of selling the Cobra to give up its parking space in the garage.
But.... The Cobra won, Wife and I went to Architect and building a new house with MUCH larger garage
Here's a quick shot of the Cobra:

Old 01-05-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by K-A

Sorry to hijack the thread....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seeking opinions from W212 owners who were prior W211 owners..