E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Emailing the COMMAND route destination?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic w/sport package
Emailing the COMMAND route destination?

There was a video posted here last week and the rep was going over features of the new E-Class and I heard her say something about the ability to email your destination(s) from your computer to the Nav but I can't seem to find anything about that in the manual. Anyone have any idea what this is and if it is possible? I think it has something with emailing Tele Aid?

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
I know a friend of mine has this options on his X5 and loves it. It would be interesting to find out how to do it in our cars..
Old 12-13-2009, 09:58 AM

I just finally registered and logged into TeleAid and found this:

Learn More about Search and Send Search & Send is a new and convenient way to plan your trip destinations ahead of time. Using familiar GoogleTM Maps web sites from the comfort of your home or office computer, you can search for a destination online, then send it right to your vehicle.

The "Learn More about Search and Send" should be a clickable link but it is not so I can't read more to find out how to do it.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Teleaid is now MBRace and, I heard, it cost some amount of money per year to get it. So..it means if you don't pay - you can not e-mail it ?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 AM

I found this on Google:

http://www.searchandsend.com/SS_faqs.html

I also emailed Teleaid support but will call them on Monday to see what the deal is. I also just read for the 1st time a post today about MBRACE and if it is the same thing, at $500+ a yr I am not sure if it is worth it to me.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:14 AM

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...r-teleaid.html
Old 12-13-2009, 10:26 AM

Ok so if you got your car after Nov 16th, 2009:

http://mbrace.mbusa.com/pub56/Images...tcm56-1425.pdf

..then you have to use MBRACE because they are no longer going to use Teleaid but I guess since I got my car before the 16th then I still get to use Teleaid? Odd but I will have to make some calls and find out.

EDIT: more info: https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...id-mbrace.html

Last edited by DieselNY; 12-13-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I agree it's convenient option, but I can live without it. Honestly speaking - I don't use navigation a lot...I know NY Metro area very good because of my previous " life experience" .... but..if you need it and can do it - it's good ..

Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 AM

Turns out there is an iphone and blackberry app for it, can locate your car, unlock doors etc but doesnt work with my Sprint Blackberry!
Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM

CL600 (sold) E550 Sedan

Yes, and it works great. I am on the MBrace trial period and provided an email address when I registered. When you go to Google Maps and look up an address, there is an option to "send". Click "send" which will open a pop-up where you can select "Car". Pull down the make menu to "Mercedes Benz" and use the e-mail address that MBrace knows. Then click "send".

When you get into your car, push the MBrace info button. After about 15 seconds, it will inform you that there is a stored destination and it will ask if you want to download it to your address book. You can accept/reject on screen and it will also ask if you want route guidance right away.

Pretty cool.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks...I've just tried it. Cool thing....
Old 12-13-2009, 06:17 PM

I tired a few times today on Google Maps and no luck it just says "Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time."
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
The new COMAND should be much improved over the existing fare. Called myCOMAND. I'm guessing in another 1-2 years (?) For sure by the E's facelift. By then I'll be ready for either a F10 M5 or the W212 E63. The two best choices for a performance sedan, imho.

I have to say that you guys have cojones to buy a first year new model. I usually wait a few years. But with the W212, the risk of any issues is def a lot lower since it's the identical drivetrain as the last W211.

Anyway, here's the latest media report from Daimler AG:

"The most important new services of myCOMAND are:

Off-board navigation. It not only always works with the latest map, but also takes the traffic information available on the Internet into account for route selection. Along with the conventional map display it is also possible to show satellite images which enable easier orientation. The search for destinations no longer follows a rigid format; free input is possible. And destinations can be combined with up-to-the-minute data so that the driver can easily find, for example, the cheapest gas station in vicinity or along a route.

Trip Assist. This service automatically accesses the large amount of information available on the Internet and presents it to the driver in optimally edited form at the right time. This way the system can offer up-to-date information and services in the car. The Trip Assist of myCOMAND shows, for example, the weather along the route and informs the user about the hotels and leisure facilities at the destination. Making hotel reservations from the car is no problem for the Trip Assist; reserving a table at a restaurant or theater tickets at short notice likewise is a simple, stress-free process.

World Radio. Via Internet you can tune to practically every radio station in the world - while traveling in your car, you can even get radio stations from the other side of the world. With the World Radio of myCOMAND the driver can search for stations by genre to find the ones that cater to his or her individual music taste. Additionally, you can store your personal music library on the Internet, which is then available anytime worldwide in the car.
Internet telephony: With myCOMAND the telephone, like all other services, can also utilize the advantages of the Internet. Thanks to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), myCOMAND enables putting free or discounted phone calls, sending short messages via Internet and simultaneously transmitting voice and data.

Of course, a web browser additionally allows you to freely surf the Internet while the vehicle is parked."
Old 12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S
I have to say that you guys have cojones to buy a first year new model. I usually wait a few years. But with the W212, the risk of any issues is def a lot lower since it's the identical drivetrain as the last W211.
I'll tell you the secret - I'm not buying, I'm leasing and I don't care it's a first or third production year of this model. Whatever will be wrong with this car ( if any ..) - I know my road to the nearest MB service center..
In worse case - I'll drive C class for couple days....I love cars, but I can't say I'm the car enthusiast, so...I take it easy ))
Old 12-13-2009, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by aeggroup
I'll tell you the secret - I'm not buying, I'm leasing and I don't care it's a first or third production year of this model. Whatever will be wrong with this car ( if any ..) - I know my road to the nearest MB service center..
In worse case - I'll drive C class for couple days....I love cars, but I can't say I'm the car enthusiast, so...I take it easy ))
Like I said, there is a helluva lot less risk with the W212. Lot of the components are already tried and true. C Class suspension, W211 drivetrain. Body and little bits here and there are all that's different. That's good.

It will be nice to see a competitive nav system coming soon, tho. MBs been a little behind on that one....
Old 12-20-2009, 02:28 PM

ml350
Looks like MBZ upgraded their Search and Send service with Google maps to go to mBrace, and it no longer supports Teleaid. That's more annoying since I purchased my 2010 ML320 Bluetec in the window where they will NOT allowing upgrading to mBrace until Nov 16, 2010. Very disappointing to lose out on the iPhone app and Search and Send functionality (that used to work) because I bought in 2009 a month before the switchover.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:11 AM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by 220S
The new COMAND should be much improved over the existing fare. Called myCOMAND. I'm guessing in another 1-2 years (?)...
Whenever they upgrade the system, is it possible to update older models? I've heard you can go in for updated maps and whatnot, but those changes seem more complex.