E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

1st Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 03:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Airforce 1
1st Service

Hello guys. I picked up my E200 a week ago and I,ll like to know about servicing. When is the first service due? Is there a free 3000 mile service or is the first servie due at 1 year or 13000 miles as explained in the service booklet? I picked up my car from about 200 miles away from home and was wondering if the local Benz dealer (about 5 miles away) will do the 3000 mile service for me if such a thing exists.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 4matic, 2008 MDX, 2011 335i Vert
was told for my e550 to come back in 10k miles. I know it varies for AMG models. Not sure about E200.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 AM

Airforce 1
Thanks E550. I guess there is no such thing as a 3000 mile service. I only wonder why very few people reply to questions like this when it is something each owner has gone through or would have to go through at some point in time.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by pappilo
Hello guys. I picked up my E200 a week ago and I,ll like to know about servicing. When is the first service due? Is there a free 3000 mile service or is the first servie due at 1 year or 13000 miles as explained in the service booklet? I picked up my car from about 200 miles away from home and was wondering if the local Benz dealer (about 5 miles away) will do the 3000 mile service for me if such a thing exists.
The 3000 mile service is not mandatory but rather a courtesy service and it is at the discression of the dealer. My dealer does extend this courtesy service for me but they do not do anything major to the car. They just make sure I am happy with it, they answer any questions I have about the car, they take a look at things that I might find faulty, they top off the fluids and they check to make sure there are no leaks and everything looks good under the hood.

You don't have to service your car from the same place where you brought it from. Stop by the dealer 5 miles from your house and see if they do the courtesy service. The worst thing that can happen is they say no and tell you to come back for your Service A in one year.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Thanks E550. I guess there is no such thing as a 3000 mile service. I only wonder why very few people reply to questions like this when it is something each owner has gone through or would have to go through at some point in time.
It could very well be that requirements differ between ROW and US. MBW is a predominantly US site. The FSS is setup differently in the US as compared to ROW.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 AM

Airforce 1
Thanx LaicepsYdobon. I,ll just enjoy my car and take it in for the first service at 1 year. Fingers crossed there will be no problems before then. I was just checking to make sure I didnt do anything to void the warranty. I will call my contact at MB when she returns from her holidays just to double check.

Cheers guys.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 PM

E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
Because it was a goofy question. You have warranty concerns. Why would you ask the internet where no one is accountable vs. just calling your service advisor and get if from an official source? there's also the service schedule in the manual.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:41 AM

Airforce 1
@Boulder GT3

There is no such thing as a goofy question on a forum. If all we had to do was call the service advisor or MB everytime we had a question, why in the world would the forum exist in the first place.

The arrogance of some of you Americans is bewildering. I chose not to reply to AMDEUTSCH earlier. What a stupid reason he gave. He reckons that the ROW maybe different from the US. Why would that be the case? Because your cars over there are made of Gold? He also believes the site is targeted at people in the US only, why then is the site called mbworld.org? why not something like mbusaworld.org?

The good thing is that most people on the forum are sensible and willing to help. It is unfortunate that there will always be some imbeciles on a public forum.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:13 AM

2010 S550, '10 Road glide, '10 Sportster "48"
@Boulder GT3

There is no such thing as a goofy question on a forum. If all we had to do was call the service advisor or MB everytime we had a question, why in the world would the forum exist in the first place.

The arrogance of some of you Americans is bewildering. I chose not to reply to AMDEUTSCH earlier. What a stupid reason he gave. He reckons that the ROW maybe different from the US. Why would that be the case? Because your cars over there are made of Gold? He also believes the site is targeted at people in the US only, why then is the site called mbworld.org? why not something like mbusaworld.org?

The good thing is that most people on the forum are sensible and willing to help. It is unfortunate that there will always be some imbeciles on a public forum.
Don't worry about some grumpy people, Happy New Year and have a greta time with your new car.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
@Boulder GT3

I'm sorry to say that - but there are goofy questions.
To answer your particular question - you had to do just one simple thing - open your service book and look when and at what mileage is your 1st service. I understand..like most people..you just lazy to do this..it's easier to ask here....
Another example of silly questions is here :
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/330892-storage-what-do-you-put-where.html
I replied to that question and did it as seriously as possible...
Come on ...give us a break...we're all adults, but some of us love to act like babies ))

Happy New Year to everybody....take it easy ....life is good...

Last edited by aeggroup; 01-01-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
@Boulder GT3

The majority of people who have been members of MBWorld for a while are sensible and do offer help.

But in defense of Boulder GT3, people also get a bit perturbed when questions are asked that can be very easily answered by doing a search here, or checking the owner's manual, calling the dealer, or searching Google, etc.. Nobody likes someone who is too lazy to do the work that others are willing to do to get themselves through life. People want to help others to help themselves, but not necessarily do the work for them.

There is even an internet acronym RTFOM http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=RTFOM

Those are the things that most people do first, and then ask here as a last resort. Imagine the huge volume of repeat questions if nobody searched first, etc..

I'm on UK auto forums and it's the exact same there, too. It's not an "American attitude" thing. Sorry, but that's just not true.

And in defense of Amdeutsch, who's a moderator and has always been helpful here, it's very possible that FSS is different on ROW vs US. It's simply programmed for service intervals reminders. And he's not claiming that MBWorld is totally USA, but simply telling you that it's USA dominant. And that's just a fact. If you think the name is inappropriate then complain to Brad (owner of Evosport USA and founder of MBWorld.) But there are lots of non-USA members here.

Cheers.

Last edited by 220S; 12-31-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
[quote=pappilo;3876030]@Boulder GT3

The good thing is that most people on the forum are sensible and willing to help. It is unfortunate that there will always be some imbeciles on a public forum

Last edited by petee1997; 01-01-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
@Boulder GT3

Arrogance is not limited to Americans. Secondly, he was right. Read your
manual or call your service advisor if in doubt.
This is arrogance from a Canadian. Fortunately, we all have some.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Airforce 1
I said some americans are arrogant, I take that back. What I actually meant to say is that most americans who are members of mbworld are dumb and have more money than sense. I wonder how you all made the money to own these nice cars.

To all you imbeciles attacking me in your usual shock and awe approach, I say, go back and read my 1st and 5th posts to realise I am very much smarter than yourselves.

In my first post, I asked if there was any such thing as a 3000 mile service or was the first one the 1 year or 13000 mile service as indicated in the service booklet. If you had any brains, you would have been able to deduce from that post that I had read my service manual and you wouldnt be advising me to read my service manual.

In post 5, I said I will call my contact at MB to double check when she gets back from her holidays. Again if you had any brains, you would have been able to work it out that my contact at MB was away on holidays and you wouldnt be advising me to call MB.

Good thing is I found a nice and friendly UK MB site and will be using that from now on. This will be my last post on mbworld.org; good riddance to bad rubbish. It is sad that some people think the world starts and ends in America. Travel a bit and change your world view. It is because of arrogant imbeclics like yourselves who jump to conclusions without understanding an issue that many people in the world hate you Americans.

To the Canadian, dont worry you are 1 of them. You are just the 53rd state.

Adieu mbworld.

Last edited by pappilo; 01-01-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I said some americans are arrogant, I take that back. What I actually meant to say is that most americans who are members of mbworld are dumb and have more money than sense. I wonder how you all made the money to own these nice cars.

To all you imbeciles attacking me in your usual shock and awe approach, I say, go back and read my 1st and 5th posts to realise I am very much smarter than yourselves.

In my first post, I asked if there was any such thing as a 3000 mile service or was the first one the 1 year or 13000 mile service as indicated in the service booklet. If you had any brains, you would have been able to deduce from that post that I had read my service manual and you wouldnt be advising me to read my service manual.

In post 5, I said I will call my contact at MB to double check when she gets back from her holidays. Again if you had any brains, you would have been able to work it out that my contact at MB was away on holidays and you wouldnt be advising me to call MB.

Good thing is I found a nice and friendly UK MB site and will be using that from now on. This will be my last post on mbworld.org; good riddance to bad rubbish. It is sad that some people think the world starts and ends in America. Travel a bit and change your world view. It is because of arrogant imbeclics like yourselves who jump to conclusions without understanding an issue that many people in the world hate you Americans.

To the Canadian, dont worry you are 1 of them. You are just the 53rd state.

Adieu mbworld.
Well, you've proved your point about arrogance.

Cheers and stay happy.

p.s., I grew up in Ville-d'Avray (outside of Paris) and later went to school in Manchester (your part of the world where there is plenty of arrogance to go around. And a lot of normal people, too. Just like everywhere. )
Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Wow!!! Has this guy been smoking the drapes. He certainly took this thread to whole new level.

Last edited by petee1997; 01-01-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:59 PM

E320 CDI, SL550, clk550
It was not my intent to be an arrogant American. Still, if you are worried about warranty ramifications of the first service I stand by my call of consulting MB Service or the manual.

Last edited by Boulder GT3; 01-02-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FYI..I'm not american at all..I'm russian...

And you sound like total idiot....

Happy new Year..
Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM

2010 E350 Sport 4 Matic, 2008 Lexus GX470, 03 SVT Cobra, 08 F250 Twin Turbo Diesel, 07' Lexus ES350
Blah blah blah.... By the way, anyone else know the 51st ad 52nd states, since he implies that Canada is the 53rd state?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:37 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Yikes, it got hot in here. Who wants to talk about whether the 212 is a good or bad design again to lighten up the mood?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Yikes, it got hot in here. Who wants to talk about whether the 212 is a good or bad design again to lighten up the mood?
LOL...it's ugly..we know ))
Old 01-01-2010, 10:09 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Lol.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I guess we pushed things to a shove. Now, this guy has 350 million people on his hate list. In hindsight, it may have been easier to answer his question.

PS I hope his wife never screws up his breakfast because Nigel does not have much patience.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Haha. He changed his location to "90210", and what he drives to "Airforce 1", took down pics of his car and everything.

Probably would have been much smoother to just answer the question I think.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by petee1997
PS I hope his wife never screws up his breakfast because Nigel does not have much patience.
How do you get your wife to make you breakfast?!?!

I need to learn some new tricks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1st Service