E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Are you happy with the color of your W212?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:15 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by tresean1
I just bought a designo Diamond White with designo Porcelain interior.

I'll try to post pics when it's delivered this weekend.
Originally Posted by fintail
Sounds amazing. I assume it is a full option car, too. I don't think I have ever seen that interior on an E sedan.
On porcelain sounds even more amazing...The brown in my car is pretty, and uncommon, but porcelain would be something. Has to be fairly rare, too.
Finally got around to taking two (crappy) pics of my designo Diamond White E: one as it was getting delivered and the other in a random parking lot. Hopefully you can see the Porcelain interior thru the windows.

Guess I was too busy riding around and enjoying it. I'll try to get some more professional pics done once I get it re-detailed and against a photo-worthy backdrop.

getting delivered to my home

random parking lot (parked beside a nice 'Vette)

Also posted the dealer's interior photos from my car's listing. Love the detailed black contrast stitching throughout the Porcelain, and the anthracite headliner.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:30 PM

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
S213 E450 4Matic, W111 220SE - prior cars: 3x W212, W210 E55 AMG, W202 C43 AMG, W126 300SE
Great colors, enjoy it! Must be an east coast thing, I hardly see that kind of thing up here in the PNW.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2017 SL450
I bought my 2014 E550 Cabriolet in November of 2013. I ordered it with Diamond White paint and a Red interior. I love the combination and it get lots of thumbs up as I drive. Here's a few photos of the car. I've got a 2017 SL450 on order, which should be here in the next week or so. I didn't like how the SL looked in White, so I ordered it with Senenite Gray paint and the Bengal Red interior. Should be sharp.
Attached Thumbnails Are you happy with the color of your W212?-dsc01095.jpg   Are you happy with the color of your W212?-dsc01109.jpg  
Old 04-15-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 C63 P31 Coupe. 2007 SL55. 1992 911 C2 Coupe
EJbrock

I have 3 black cars. THe key to maintenance is Klasse sealant and Megs Final Inspection.
Multiple layers of Klasse will fill in and reduce the swirl marks.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 AM

Great colors, enjoy it! Must be an east coast thing, I hardly see that kind of thing up here in the PNW.
thank you! Already getting lots of glances and second looks
family and friends have given many compliments
Old 04-16-2017, 09:54 PM

I like my Indigo Blue on brown E250:

It is just dark enough to be a little maintenance chore, but it is unusual, I seldom see a W212 in this color, especially with a brown interior. For me, my favorite facelift W212 combo would be diamond silver or diamond white on beige, but you don't see those often.
Awesome color!

Originally Posted by MBSebas87
I think blind spot and lane keep assist came as together with lighting pack.
Originally Posted by belarus27
not necessarily Lane Assist and Blind spot came with Lightning package , mine didnt
My car doesn't have drivers assist, but it does have lane keeping and blind spot. If you have triangle lights in your mirrors, I think you have blind spot. If your steering wheel vibrates when you wander in a lane, I think you have lane keeping.
Ok so, after reading thru the long and confusing owner's manual, I finally figured out the difference between all these autonomous features/driver's aids.

The Lane Tracking package consists of:
-Lane Keeping Assist (vibrates steering wheel if you go over solid/dotted lines)
-Blind Spot Assist (displays either a yellow or red stationary triangle depending on the proximity of the car in your blind spot; flashes the red triangle and beeps if you attempt to signal and deviate from your lane anyway)

The Driver's Assistance Package consists of:
-Distronic Plus with Active Steering Assist (maintains speed and distance behind the car you are following, and can automatically steer itself for intervals of 10-15 seconds before requiring you to touch steering wheel)
-Active Lane Keeping Assist (will apply slight braking to the opposite wheels, and apply light steering intervention, If necessary, to keep the vehicle from straying out of its intended lane)
-Active Blind Spot Assist (same as Active Lane Keeping Assist, but in situations where there is a car in the blind spot and an impeding crash)

So it looks like the operative word is active. The former are just "monitors" and give audiovisual warnings (and IMHO should be labeled exactly as such, since they are not actually assisting in anything)...the latter are actually systems that pretty much assist in "prevention".
Old 04-20-2017, 01:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Chevy Silverado
Love the car, interior is amazing. I just bought a Cardinal red one with this same interior, awaiting delivery from Baltimore to S.Dakota. Mine has the contour drivers seat heated and ventilated.