Interior Roof liner colour

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Estate in Mystic Red
Interior Roof liner colour

There are two beige leather options available here in Canada for the S212:

Black / Natural beige and Black / Almond beige.

One of them from the website photo has a black roof liner (Natural beige), while the other has a beige roof liner (Almond beige).

Today, the dealer showed me a stock car with Almond beige but a black roof liner.

Can anyone please clarify? Which leather option has a black roof liner and which a beige one? Is there somewhere I could look this up?

I would hate to have ordered a car only not to get the option I want.

Thanks a lot.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:34 PM

2007 E350
Great question. I can't speak for the Canadian S212, but I know how this works for the U.S. W212, and I suspect it's similar.

On the U.S. W212, whether you get the Almond headliner or Black headliner depends on whether you have a Luxury or Sport model. On Luxury, you get Almond seats, (mostly) Almond doors, Almond headliner, and "Mocha" dash and top-of-door trim. On Sport, you get the "two-tone" effect, i.e., Almond seats, Almond door *inserts* but Black everywhere else, including the dash (above and below the trim), headliner, and majority of the door. Some people like this two-tone effect but personally I find it jarring.

Here are some pictures of a Luxury E550 with the Almond/Mocha interior:

http://www.insideline.com/mercedes-b...t-gallery.html

If you go to the U.S. configurator and choose 'Almond', you'll see the Sport version.

Now, the trouble is, most dealers do not stock 'Luxury' model cars, at least in my area. I'd say 90% of cars are Sport editions, i.e., the two-tone with black headliner. If you want this Almond interior, you may need to order it.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Here there isn't a Luxury or Sport option, so I don't really know what we have. The website (build your car) shows a beige roof liner with the almond beige.

When I saw the car at the dealer, it had a black roof liner with an almond interior. I suspect that all models here would be "sport", but would like to confirm them so that I may order what I want (my car is a special order).

I am torn between the two options - initially I wanted the beige roof liner, but when I saw an S212 (black exterior) with almond beige two tone seats / door inserts with black carpets, dash and roof liner, I really looked nice, so I decided to go for something different for a change. My Volvo is totally beige, so the change would be welcome.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 PM

2011 Mercedes E550 4M, 2003 BMW X5 4.4i
Sport option = AMG sport package which is $6800 I think...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by csquared
Sport option = AMG sport package which is $6800 I think...
the AMG sport appearance "package" is standard here.

Maybe I should rephrase this question: (in Canada) does anyone have a 212 with a light beige roof liner?
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 PM

2007 E350
You almost certainly have Luxury styling available in Canada. It may be called "Luxury", or "Avantgarde", or "Elegance", or just "Non-sport". But you've almost certainly got it. Sport may be standard, and your dealer may have never heard of an E550 Luxury, but I'd be shocked if you couldn't order it. And, if you can, then you should almost certainly get the Almond (light beige) roof liner if you order Almond interior with Luxury.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Canada offers only the sport model in the w212.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The black headliner is included with the AMG styling which it seems is standard. Therefore, it doesn't seem possible to get the beige roof-liner in Canada unless you can get a luxury or elegance model which may not be possible.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
All Canadian E-Class Sedan/Wagon (except E63) have a black headliner. This is regardless of leather colour.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
All Canadian E-Class Sedan/Wagon (except E63) have a black headliner. This is regardless of leather colour.
thanks for all the replies. This is what I have started to suspect. The website pictures different roof liners trim, therefore the question.

Interestingly, Canada only has the "sport" AMG trim - no "luxury" option for us. Some of our cars are higher specified here than the U.S.

I ordered the almond beige. i have not seen the Natural beige, nor the Chestnut brown. I know colour tastes are subjective, but as a matter of interest, who do people think is the nicest of these colours? My car will be red exterior.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I have the almond and black interior on my 2011 E and I love it. The two tone treatment is attractive and bright inside. It goes with almost any exterior and differentiates your car from the standard black interior which is so common like my wife's 2010 E.
I'm sure it will work with the red exterior. I must admit I have never seen a red E but I'm sure it will look great...well at least original. I wanted a red Porsche and my wife told me to look at my birth certificate and I ended up with sliver instead. I regret listening to Godzilla to this day.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by petee1997
I have the almond and black interior on my 2011 E and I love it. The two tone treatment is attractive and bright inside. It goes with almost any exterior and differentiates your car from the standard black interior which is so common like my wife's 2010 E.
I'm sure it will work with the red exterior. I must admit I have never seen a red E but I'm sure it will look great...well at least original. I wanted a red Porsche and my wife told me to look at my birth certificate and I ended up with sliver instead. I regret listening to Godzilla to this day.

I agree - initially I did not want the black interior, but when I saw the Almond leather / Black dash and roof-liner, it looked great and really original, so much so that I wanted to be sure that I would get the car this way - hence this post.

I am ordering an S2121 in Designo Mystic red... if it looks good, I'll post a picture, but it will be a while....until the car is built and shipped... I hope it'll look good, otherwise I'll be driving an expensive embarrassment!

Last edited by rovermark; 12-01-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by petee1997
Agreed, Almond/Black is gorgeous, and a nice unique color combo, considering you don't find any other cars with it.

The 212's interior never spoke to me initially, until I sat in what was to be mine. Once I saw and experienced it with that color code, the rich luxurious vibe, and warmth I felt it lacked all finally became apparent.