E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Shipping MB Overseas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL500, S500
Shipping MB Overseas?

Just wondering if it is possible to ship an E-class overseas? What would be the repercussions if it was shipped and found out? Because I know it's against their agreement. I know a member here have shipped his e-class to Germany or U.K but forgot his screen name so if he could fill me in about how he did it via PM or here is fine. Any info about this topic would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by SalTheMan
Just wondering if it is possible to ship an E-class overseas? What would be the repercussions if it was shipped and found out? Because I know it's against their agreement. I know a member here have shipped his e-class to Germany or U.K but forgot his screen name so if he could fill me in about how he did it via PM or here is fine. Any info about this topic would be greatly appreciated!

I don't think there is any problem for shipping the car to anywhere from the U.S. This is a THE free country. You bought it, it is yours. You can do whatever you want to do with it including shipping it to Europe. It is between you and the country you ship it to.

I signed a paper when I bought my car not to sell it in 2 months to ship it to Europe. This paper is required by MB and I don't think it has any power in U.S. It is something MB wants a dealer to ask from a customer because these same cars are sold in Europe, especially in Germany, for double money. They try to protect their market in Europe, thats all.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
I've been wondering the same thing. It seems that the overseas posters are always mentioning ridiculous prices for used AMGs, so why not export them? Even with a few grand in shipping there is a plenty of markup available to make a handsome profit. Of course, there is the huge hassle and risk of trans-ocean transactions to deal with/worry about.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:55 PM

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4matic
I ship my cars to fiji every winter where I spend most of the winter. I use a private company jet though and it reaches with not a single scratch on her. You can google and find tons of shippers but it will cost you $$$$$
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43 AM

GL500, S500
Originally Posted by Arrie
I signed a paper when I bought my car not to sell it in 2 months to ship it to Europe.
Would you mind sharing what was on the paper you signed?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 AM

GL500, S500
Originally Posted by kingofire
I ship my cars to fiji every winter where I spend most of the winter. I use a private company jet though and it reaches with not a single scratch on her. You can google and find tons of shippers but it will cost you $$$$$
Did you ever ship your car having less than 500 miles on it at any point? As I'm planning to purchase one at the moment but there is a great possibility that I might move overseas and wouldn't want to spend the money and have to sell it within the first month! Because of any reason that MB would prevent me from shipping it with me.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Would you mind sharing what was on the paper you signed?

Don't have the paper. I can ask if I can get a copy.

Dealer said MB asks them to have customers sign it. It is just to record in their files that they did tell MB's wish to me not to ship the car. This all is exactly because these same cars cost just about twice as much in Germany. They try to protect their European pricing.

Just imagine about the money they make with these cras in Europe, Germany especially. The pricing there is not due to taxes or anything with covernment. German car manufacturers basically just kept price tag the same when they went from Deutch Mark to Euro, i.e. car prices doubled as the exchange rate was 2 Marks to an Euro. When they sell a car here for say $60000 I'm sure they make a good profit on it. In germany they basically make the whole car price we pay more straight profit. It probably is not exactly like this but darn close.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 AM

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4matic
Did you ever ship your car having less than 500 miles on it at any point? As I'm planning to purchase one at the moment but there is a great possibility that I might move overseas and wouldn't want to spend the money and have to sell it within the first month! Because of any reason that MB would prevent me from shipping it with me.
Yes I have, in fact I have bought cars brand new and have them shipped to my various different places all over the world depending on where I reside for the winter. The only issues I have had is the whole left hand drive countries but these places are so corrupt that a little bit of bribery goes a long way.(I know this is wrong but its the only way to get things done in some places. They encourage this!)
I always pay cash for my cars so once I have the title, it is my property and I can choose what I do with the car and no one can tell you what you can and cannot do and this includes MB. If you have a lien on the car, try to get it thru your bank rather than MB financial and have the bank explicitly state that you can ship the car overseas.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
i signed a paper stating i am not allowed to sell the car in canada, never mentioned europe
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM

GL500, S500
Well I appreciate all your responses! I think I'm pretty comfortable in purchasing one right now!