E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Some pics of my W212 / Vossen VVS-083

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
Some pics of my W212 / Vossen VVS-083

Just put on the vossens, car definitely needs to be lowered but not sure if I want to go through the trouble. Pics were taken on my iPhone 4, just finished removing the chrome side moldings and haven't even cleaned off the remaining adhesive

Mods: P2, Pano, Clear markers with white LED, debadged all around,
vossen VVS-083 staggered, red calipers, Viny eyebrow on headlight,
front sport grille, flat badge, White LED reverse lights, 5000k hid, LED License plate, White LED in trunk.

Last edited by VALO; 12-09-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:03 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
lookin' good

very nice, and the wheels look great......
the eyebrows are something I have been on the fence about....
is it as simple as cut the shape and slap it on? they do look nice....

the side markers look good too.....I just did that to mine on monday,
that last shot next to your range looks really nice.......

peace

.....so yeah......I would get my eyebrows covered.........looks really nice

Last edited by hyperion667; 12-08-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:10 PM

e350
Originally Posted by hyperion667
very nice, and the wheels look great......
the eyebrows are something I have been on the fence about....
is it as simple as cut the shape and slap it on? they do look nice....

the side markers look good too.....I just did that to mine on monday,
that last shot next to your range looks really nice.......

peace
Thanks, the way I did the eyebrow is by applying the film first then cutting to get the right curve. Took me a few times to get it right and even, though it can still get better, I may try it one more time. The truck is a Disco II with range rover stormer replicas :P
Old 12-08-2010, 02:14 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by VALO
Thanks, the way I did the eyebrow is by applying the film first then cutting to get the right curve. Took me a few times to get it right and even, though it can still get better, I may try it one more time. The truck is a Disco II with range rover stormer replicas :P
so you had to cut a crease or a fold of some type for the curves?
and those wheels........man! had to google them to learn more......

wow!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Valo you are my hero. Vossen have posted pics of their wheels but they are all on cars that have been lowered and look undrivable/stupid IMO. Now that I see that your car looks great even without being lowered I think I will order a set soon. The two sets I like are the VVS83 & 84. I might have to get the 84's now. Even though I think the car might look better with a slight drop I have no intention of lowering my car.
The eyebrows look great too, but the second pic kinda makes the car look like a Lexus GS.
Awesome job.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350 Sport
Sweet!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM

e350
so you had to cut a crease or a fold of some type for the curves?
and those wheels........man! had to google them to learn more......

wow!
I'll try and get a closeup for you later, i had to cut the vinyl right before the end of the headlamp which i'm a bit upset about. I'm going to re do it and try to run the vinyl al the way down and fold it so there won't be any imperfections visible.

Originally Posted by Tjdehya
Valo you are my hero. Vossen have posted pics of their wheels but they are all on cars that have been lowered and look undrivable/stupid IMO. Now that I see that your car looks great even without being lowered I think I will order a set soon. The two sets I like are the VVS83 & 84. I might have to get the 84's now. Even though I think the car might look better with a slight drop I have no intention of lowering my car.
The eyebrows look great too, but the second pic kinda makes the car look like a Lexus GS.
Awesome job.
I'm really bad at taking pics and the lighting is no good in the pics but I see what you're saying about the GS lol. Unfortunately the only wheels that fit our cars properly are the 083,085,086 and the Concave 1's. I would like to drop the car but only about 3/4 - 1 inch but the H&R drops it about 1 1/2 and my cars a lease for 24 months so i'm debating.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM

Black W212 E550
"Just put on the vossens, car definitely needs to be lowered but not sure if I want to go through the trouble. Pics were taken on my iPhone 4, just finished removing the chrome side moldings"

Your car looks great, go ahead and lower it you will be much happier with the appearance, just take your time until you get it right. I believe there are other springs that may not drop it as much, or more to your liking.

BTW, how do you get the chrome side strips off? Are they just taped on, and how do you plan to clean up the adhesive. Post some pictures please as you wrap up the process, I think the way MB did the chrome strip is marginal at best.

FTB
Old 12-08-2010, 03:41 PM

e350
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
"Just put on the vossens, car definitely needs to be lowered but not sure if I want to go through the trouble. Pics were taken on my iPhone 4, just finished removing the chrome side moldings"

Your car looks great, go ahead and lower it you will be much happier with the appearance, just take your time until you get it right. I believe there are other springs that may not drop it as much, or more to your liking.

BTW, how do you get the chrome side strips off? Are they just taped on, and how do you plan to clean up the adhesive. Post some pictures please as you wrap up the process, I think the way MB did the chrome strip is marginal at best.

FTB
Side moldings are on by double sided tape, simply heat it up the side molding very slightly with a heat gun (blow dryer will work also) and slide a credit card under the molding. When the adhesive is soft it practically just peels off. After removing goo gone off the remaining adhesive and polish if necessary. My car is black so the card may have left a few unwanted blemishes. A little polish and a microfiber will fix that right up.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:01 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by VALO
Side moldings are on by double sided tape, simply heat it up the side molding very slightly with a heat gun (blow dryer will work also) and slide a credit card under the molding. When the adhesive is soft it practically just peels off. After removing goo gone off the remaining adhesive and polish if necessary. My car is black so the card may have left a few unwanted blemishes. A little polish and a microfiber will fix that right up.

Thanks I just photo shopped mine out and I think I'll be headed that way.

FTB
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
Looks very good!! Like the rims, very similiar tastes. The only thing I'm unsure is if a drop is necessary or not w/o seeing in person. ld go minimal like 1/2'' or so if you did. My airmatic in sport mode seems to sit a little lower than the springs just judging from the pics. Overall very nicely done.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:32 PM

2010 E550 4Matic
Can you take a closer pic of you rpainted calipers? Did you paint them yourself? Is so, which brand of caliper paint did you use?
Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 PM

e350
Originally Posted by KYHaynes
Can you take a closer pic of you rpainted calipers? Did you paint them yourself? Is so, which brand of caliper paint did you use?
They painted them when I put on the wheels, its VHT Caliper paint. Supposedly for high temp. I'll take pics when its light out and post them in this thread
Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 PM

e350
Originally Posted by RNBRAD
Looks very good!! Like the rims, very similiar tastes. The only thing I'm unsure is if a drop is necessary or not w/o seeing in person. ld go minimal like 1/2'' or so if you did. My airmatic in sport mode seems to sit a little lower than the springs just judging from the pics. Overall very nicely done.
Thanks man! Sometimes I look at it and I think to myself that the drop is necessary. Then theres times when I look at it and the wheel gap looks minimal. But if I can find a kit that will only lower it about 3/4 I know it will be perfect. Maybe i'll just save the cash and the tires and leave it as is. Thanks again

Last edited by VALO; 12-08-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 PM

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4matic
Valo, the car looks great. Those are my favorite Vossens of em all! You seem to know what you are doing so keep it up. I would definitely drop the car. I find H&R springs to give the perfect drop. I had H&R's on my 4th generation TL and it worked great. Highly recommend them.
About using a credit card thing, what I have found to work great is using waxed floss. Heating the end then pulling on it then threading the floss and working your way thru the adhesive has worked well. I have done that with debadging the rear lettering too with other vehicles.
If you redo the eyelids could you do a DIY please. I am very interested in doing that. It looks sharp.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 PM

e350
Originally Posted by kingofire
Valo, the car looks great. Those are my favorite Vossens of em all! You seem to know what you are doing so keep it up. I would definitely drop the car. I find H&R springs to give the perfect drop. I had H&R's on my 4th generation TL and it worked great. Highly recommend them.
About using a credit card thing, what I have found to work great is using waxed floss. Heating the end then pulling on it then threading the floss and working your way thru the adhesive has worked well. I have done that with debadging the rear lettering too with other vehicles.
If you redo the eyelids could you do a DIY please. I am very interested in doing that. It looks sharp.
Thanks for the kind words, i'll definitely be doing a DIY soon need to order some more vinyl. The problem is I went with a chunkier tire because of ride quality. 275/30/20 and 245/35/20 in the front, feels almost like factory. The guys at the shop I went to had to mod the lower part of the shock (where the spring sits)by hitting it with a hammer so the tire would clear, this was only for the front tires of course. H&R i've seen lowers the car about 1 3/4 after settling so i'm thinking the tires may rub during a sharp turn or a u-turn.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
g2k

2012 CLS63,2011 QX56 4WD ,2009 LS460L,94TT SUPRA,2005 S2000
Very Sharp looking,I like it,also I wide are your rims front and back?

Last edited by g2k; 12-08-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 AM

e350
Originally Posted by g2k
Very Sharp looking,I like it,also I wide are your rims front and back?
20x9 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 AM

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 4matic
How is NVH using wider tires? Any shimmy at the steering wheel? You are a brave man going with the 275 series tires. Looks great though. You can still fit the H&R's but you'll need them to roll the fenders. When you have 20" wheels the car sits that much higher and it just doesn't look symmetrical imo. Can't tell this from the pics but I would think you would in person, no? Looking forward to the DIY. Might have to scratch installing the light smoke vinyl overlays for the headlights now that I see the eyelids!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:37 AM

e350
Originally Posted by kingofire
How is NVH using wider tires? Any shimmy at the steering wheel? You are a brave man going with the 275 series tires. Looks great though. You can still fit the H&R's but you'll need them to roll the fenders. When you have 20" wheels the car sits that much higher and it just doesn't look symmetrical imo. Can't tell this from the pics but I would think you would in person, no? Looking forward to the DIY. Might have to scratch installing the light smoke vinyl overlays for the headlights now that I see the eyelids!

What size tires does NVH use? I know that the recommended tire size for these wheels and vehicle is 285/25/20 in the rear and 255 or 245/30/20 up front. Honestly I think that would ride like crap. But yeah, 275 is definitely the lowest in the rear. There is absolutely no vibrating at the wheel or pulling of any kind so i'm a bit hesitant to mess around and ruin the ride. I know there won't be any clearance issues on the rear with the drop but the front tires are chunky so who knows.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:45 PM

e350
pics of calipers and better view of wheel gap.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Black W212 E550
Valo if you can when you get a chance can post up a shot of the area after you removed the stripe and waxed it up? I'm always concerned with causing myself challenges.

FTB
Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I noticed you have white led R lights?
are you liking those better than the ones that came on the car?
I switched my plate lights to led and the difference is huge......
is it really a big change visually?

thanx
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM

e350
I noticed you have white led R lights?
are you liking those better than the ones that came on the car?
I switched my plate lights to led and the difference is huge......
is it really a big change visually?

thanx
The LED reverse lights are awesome, you really are seen when pulling out of a spot at night and it looks amazing. Gives the car a very serious look. Only problem is that i'm throwing a reverse light code even resistor leds.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM

e350
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
Valo if you can when you get a chance can post up a shot of the area after you removed the stripe and waxed it up? I'm always concerned with causing myself challenges.

FTB
Well I can take a pic of it but theres not much to see, its just as if there was nothing ever there now. Just use some GooGone after you remove the side moldings then use a microfiber towel to remove the adhesive. After, polish the area to remove any imperfections if you have any. Just be sure that all the adhesive is off the car before you polish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Some pics of my W212 / Vossen VVS-083