E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-Class
While this thread has gone off the rails a bit. We are glad that those who have tried the product, enjoy it. If you are curious about how Sprint Booster works please feel free to email us directly at info@sprintboosterusa.com Or ask your forum peers on this forum that will give you unbiased first hand reviews of the product. Most are curious about Sprint Booster and are unsure about getting one for one reason or another. Please keep in mind that we have a 30 day return policy. If you do not like the product for what ever reason, return it and get your money back. We make this claim because, virtually everyone who tries it. tends to love it.

Order your unit before noon 22nd to ensure you get your unit before Xmas from www.sprintboosterusa.com or call 1-877-225-5577
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by K-A
It'll shift to 2nd to protect engine.
I think this is more of a design choice by MB rather than something that protects the engine. Engines have, for a long time now, rather effective rev limiters that protect the engine under acceleration. I've ridden many manual transmissions to the rev limiter many, many times without any issues. I suspect MB does this for the non-AMG models because hitting a rev limiter is a rather abrupt experience -- you go to nearly full acceleration to zero acceleration in an instant -- and it would not be consistent with a "luxury" ride.

The more dangerous issue is downshifting too early, where the momentum of the car will push the engine revs over the limit (a rev limiter is ineffective here). This is an issue for full manual transmissions, but probably not for any modern automatic.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by Speedriven
The pedal-signal is not the only issue in "throttle lag", and there are certainly other solutions. Maybe not CHEAPER solutions, but arguably better.
Spreedriven,

You are a sponsor here on the boards and i dont know what product you are selling nor do I know if you have an alterior motive, but I am just a board member who has had the product from when they first came out. I am not a rep of the company just a member giving another member my experiences on a product.... This product WILL eliminate this issue of throttle lag... MY E55 desprately needed it and I the throttle response should come like this from the factory....

Thanks..
Old 12-20-2010, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
The new one's have three setting, which do you like, normal, sport or race.

Thanks
When I bought mine, it didn't have the fancy buttons with various settings. You just plug it in and GO. My car did have comfort mode and sport mode, and I drove mine in comfort mode with SB installed. Sport mode was very agressive....
Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
OK here are the results on a the Sprint Booster for a 2011 E350 4matic... It works GREAT!!!

It won't be for everyone (but if you are reading this, then you are probably interested anyway). If you just want to casually and leisurely go for a drive and aren't into speed, don't spend the money. If you want to lose the lag and get off the line faster...this is an awesome product. It has 3 modes...(Clear) inactive for when the wife drives it,(Green) when you want a little boost and, (Red) for some serious pick up. As people have stated...it apparently does nothing to make the car faster, it just loses the accelerator pedal lag time. Whatever it does...it sure makes the car seem like it has a lot more HP and it is much more fun to drive!!!

Installation took me about 20 minutes (just because I was nervous about "F"ing it up). It was real simple and went very smoothly. I have attached some pictures with notes. I am also attaching a PDF of some installation guidelines for a C series I found on the web (it's the same steps for the E series.

Hope this helps anyone that was thinking about adding the Sprint Booster. I have become a big fan. One of the best after market additions I have done. Enjoy!!!
B
I told you Philly...You would not be dissapointed...
Old 12-20-2010, 03:54 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
I told you Philly...You would not be dissapointed...
I know... actually your recommendation helped persuade me to go for it. Until last week I had never heard of the product. Glad you spoke up. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E550 2010
Since making the transition from a manual sports car to the E, I have noticed from day 1 that there is a huge engine that I find a bit difficult to tap into without stomping on the peddle.

So, I've ordered a sprintbooster. I'll post a review later on its affect with the 550 engine.

btw. sprintboosterusa.com doesn't take amex, and when I gave it my visa, it repeatedly rejected it. So, I went through sprintboostersales.com in NV. Sale price is the same everywhere.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by MagicJack
Since making the transition from a manual sports car to the E, I have noticed from day 1 that there is a huge engine that I find a bit difficult to tap into without stomping on the peddle.

So, I've ordered a sprintbooster. I'll post a review later on its affect with the 550 engine.

btw. sprintboosterusa.com doesn't take amex, and when I gave it my visa, it repeatedly rejected it. So, I went through sprintboostersales.com in NV. Sale price is the same everywhere.
SprintBoosterUSA, has had issues over the past one or two weeks. When processing multiple orders at the same time, it was causing our system to go down. As of last night we have upgraded our servers to handle the holiday sales volume. MagicJack, We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Happy Holidays Everyone
Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM

acura tls
just picked one up at jrp would try and install on the weeekend and let everyone know how it goes
Old 12-23-2010, 01:48 PM

Black W212 E550
OK here are the results on a the Sprint Booster for a 2011 E350 4matic... It works GREAT!!!

It won't be for everyone (but if you are reading this, then you are probably interested anyway). If you just want to casually and leisurely go for a drive and aren't into speed, don't spend the money. If you want to lose the lag and get off the line faster...this is an awesome product. It has 3 modes...(Clear) inactive for when the wife drives it,(Green) when you want a little boost and, (Red) for some serious pick up. As people have stated...it apparently does nothing to make the car faster, it just loses the accelerator pedal lag time. Whatever it does...it sure makes the car seem like it has a lot more HP and it is much more fun to drive!!!
Hey B thanks for the review glad you like the product, I going to order one by the end of the month. So here is my question to the group "while the Sprint Booster does not add power (crank or RWHP) by eliminating pedal lag it has to make the car faster (0-60 or quarter mile) just by eliminating pedal lag, hence reducing time's to 60 or 1/4 mile", true or false?

Appreciate the input.

FTB
Old 12-23-2010, 02:13 PM

E350 Coupe
True...but we are not talking about a big increase but, in my opinion it will feel faster which is more important. By using a combination of manual shifting and catching throttle pickup in the next gear just right it will really put a smile on your face.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:51 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by steelgrey
True...but we are not talking about a big increase but, in my opinion it will feel faster which is more important. By using a combination of manual shifting and catching throttle pickup in the next gear just right it will really put a smile on your face.
Very true. When I turn it off now, the car seems anemic.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Very true. When I turn it off now, the car seems anemic.

LOL, that's a lame side effect..........lol
couldn't see ever turning it off!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 PM

E550 2010
Sprintbooster is not working out for me. I received nor but it didn't fit. I sent it back and got another from a different vendor and still doesnt fit!

The problem is the connection between the sprint booster and the oem cable, not the accelerator . I am unsure if the prob is the plastic molding or the flat sprint booster leads trying to fit in the round oem female part. Anyone else run into this? At this point I am assuming sprint booster is not compatible w the 2010 e550.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Sprintbooster is not working out for me. I received nor but it didn't fit. I sent it back and got another from a different vendor and still doesnt fit!

The problem is the connection between the sprint booster and the oem cable, not the accelerator . I am unsure if the prob is the plastic molding or the flat sprint booster leads trying to fit in the round oem female part. Anyone else run into this? At this point I am assuming sprint booster is not compatible w the 2010 e550.

Any suggestions?
Bummer...sorry to hear that.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 PM

Black W212 E550

Any suggestions?
Thanks for posting, I was going to order one!!

Did you try to directly to the Sprint Booster site?

I'm Sprint Booster will comment, he has on this thread before
Old 01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class

Any suggestions?
MagicJack, rest assured that we will support you on this matter 100%. We just need you to email us or contact us via phone so that we can figure what sprint booster unit have tried. If it is a question of the wrong part, rest assured we will get the right one to you. Regardless if you purchased it from us or from an authorized dealer. Our email address info@sprintboosterusa.com and our phone number is 1-877-225-5577
Old 01-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
MagicJack, rest assured that we will support you on this matter 100%. We just need you to email us or contact us via phone so that we can figure what sprint booster unit have tried. If it is a question of the wrong part, rest assured we will get the right one to you. Regardless if you purchased it from us or from an authorized dealer. Our email address info@sprintboosterusa.com and our phone number is 1-877-225-5577
So theoretically it should work on 2010 E550 W212? Can you pass on the part number for that model?
Old 01-10-2011, 03:17 PM

E550 2010
The guy at sprintboosterusa was quite helpful. They're going to have a 'tech guy' look into it and get back to me tomorrow. I'll repost with an answer.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Black W212 E550
The guy at sprintboosterusa was quite helpful. They're going to have a 'tech guy' look into it and get back to me tomorrow. I'll repost with an answer.
Thanks Magic, I'll wait for your feedback and post your install before I purchase!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

E550 2010
Alas, the rep said I had the right part #, but the techs at sprintbooster did not get back to me. They said they didn't think it was a bad batch of products. So, I again returned the product and my conclusion is it doesn't fit the 2010 w212 e550.

ftb if you take the risk of trying one yourself, let me know what happens. ps i'd try to find someone who will pay for the return shipping and does not have restocking fees.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM

Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
SprintBooster we need a little help for the E550.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
SprintBooster we need a little help for the E550.
Yes indeed. I am really surprised the same part doesnt fit both the 350 and 550. I am still loving mine. Hope it all works out for you guys.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
It seems to me that all this product does is reduce the travel range of the gas pedal and give you less control over gradations of acceleration. In other words, one inch of travel opens the throttle more with the sprint booster than without. Or put another way, you reach 100% throttle at 3 inches of gas pedal depression with versus 100% at five inches without. It's kind of like having a stepped volume control with 100 steps and then changing to one with only 50 steps. Each step with the 50 step volume control is twice the previous one. So the only benefit would be the time saved in the mechanical pressing down of the accelerator. That can't be much. Could you gain .25 second? Maybe. Depends on the quickness of your foot. There is no question that you would get a more responsive accelerator per unit of depression. This may come at the expense of more wear on your tranny. That feel of the throttle response is part of the signiture feel of a Mercedes. You learn to be more aggressive with the gas pedal if you need to get moving. Regards. Ned.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:36 AM
WGB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E500, W164 320CDI, W116 450SEL 6.9, W116 450 SEL.
Having driven M-B's for nearly four decades it has always been a characteristic of the breed that they are fitted with long travel non-linear throttle pedals.

From the 1980's they were also fitted with speed sensors so that the driving characteristics changed when you pushed the pedal faster and more aggressively.

It was my understanding that this characteristic gave precise control at low speed so that Dictators could move around (through) their subjects gracefully but folks who migrated from other brands found the throttle response felt tardy.

Since the advent of fly-by-wire throttles in the 1990's lag has been an added "bonus" and this was a noticeable characteristic of my M113 ML500 when moving off from rest - nothing, nothing, vroom.

I think my E550 is pretty good and if I want more grunt I do what I have always done - push the throttle hard and quick and if I want to drive quietly I have sublime control.

Does this accesory affect the cruise control characteristics? eg make it rough and jerky.

Bill

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster