E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:11 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by ngerstman
It seems to me that all this product does is reduce the travel range of the gas pedal and give you less control over gradations of acceleration. In other words, one inch of travel opens the throttle more with the sprint booster than without. Or put another way, you reach 100% throttle at 3 inches of gas pedal depression with versus 100% at five inches without. It's kind of like having a stepped volume control with 100 steps and then changing to one with only 50 steps. Each step with the 50 step volume control is twice the previous one. So the only benefit would be the time saved in the mechanical pressing down of the accelerator. That can't be much. Could you gain .25 second? Maybe. Depends on the quickness of your foot. There is no question that you would get a more responsive accelerator per unit of depression. This may come at the expense of more wear on your tranny. That feel of the throttle response is part of the signiture feel of a Mercedes. You learn to be more aggressive with the gas pedal if you need to get moving. Regards. Ned.
That should sound about right to me as well. I feel like extra wear somewhere has to come, and it would obviously limit some smoothness. I haven't personally tried it, so I don't really know though.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I really enjoy driving. Having owned a previous 5 series BMW and Porsche, my experiences driving both Ferraris and Indy Cars solo at LV Speedway I feel the throttle response of my MB was anemic (love the car, not thrilled with the response ). This product takes care of that. Yes, alittle less than a second doesn't sound like much, but it SURE is. I keep it in Green mode. As per Kevins response about it being Jerky (Red mode) is super aggressive and I only use it on occasion. I am not concerned about it's affect on the tranny or engine at all. It has no bearing on anything other than eliminating the lag time. For me, it's an awesome addition. For others who don't care about their responsiveness of the accelerator (no disrespect intended, just might not be important to your driving style)... keep your money. It's definatley only going to be appreciated by those who feel there is an issue.
Best,
B.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
I really enjoy driving. Having owned a previous 5 series BMW and Porsche, my experiences driving both Ferraris and Indy Cars solo at LV Speedway I feel the throttle response of my MB was anemic (love the car, not thrilled with the response ). This product takes care of that. Yes, alittle less than a second doesn't sound like much, but it SURE is. I keep it in Green mode. As per Kevins response about it being Jerky (Red mode) is super aggressive and I only use it on occasion. I am not concerned about it's affect on the tranny or engine at all. It has no bearing on anything other than eliminating the lag time. For me, it's an awesome addition. For others who don't care about their responsiveness of the accelerator (no disrespect intended, just might not be important to your driving style)... keep your money. It's definatley only going to be appreciated by those who feel there is an issue.
Best,
B.
I think referring to it as throttle lag time may be the wrong phrasiology(talk about a bad phrase!!!). You are compacting the gas pedal travel into a smaller range. I think that saying "eliminating throttle lag" has a defective connotation to it, as if there is a problem. If you just step harder on the accelerator pedal you will eventually get the same outcome, just a fraction of a second later due to an extra inch of pedal travel. You get a quicker trigger, in essence. I can understand how that could be attractive to an aggressive driver. I guess you shouldn't knock it until you try it, if that's your proclivity. Regards. Ned.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:47 AM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
"Proclivity". Nice... I using that word in my next meeting. Good one. Enjoy the wheels.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I just learned a new word.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
I think referring to it as throttle lag time may be the wrong phrasiology(talk about a bad phrase!!!). You are compacting the gas pedal travel into a smaller range. I think that saying "eliminating throttle lag" has a defective connotation to it, as if there is a problem. If you just step harder on the accelerator pedal you will eventually get the same outcome, just a fraction of a second later due to an extra inch of pedal travel. You get a quicker trigger, in essence. I can understand how that could be attractive to an aggressive driver. I guess you shouldn't knock it until you try it, if that's your proclivity. Regards. Ned.
Relating to pressing harder or faster, since generating acceleration on a computer based car like our is a little more complex (see the attached from sprintbooster). "If you just step harder on the accelerator pedal you will eventually get the same outcome, just a fraction of a second later", if this is your goal then I guess your premise is correct.

From SprintBooster I received this a month or so ago:

Cable based and Electronic throttle systems are not all that different. You step on the gas, and the car responds accordingly. Unfortunately in this day and age, electronic throttle systems take a lot more factors into consideration. Load, throttle position, fuel economy factors, speed, etc.. etc... the list is endless. Unfortunately this often causes either lag, or a computer response that works counter to what the driver is really demanding. In cars like the M-B or BMW's this lag is very noticeable and dreaded. Sprint Booster works to address this.

In a simplified nutshell, Sprint Booster analysis throttle input constantly and see what you are doing with your foot (pedal inputs) and it sends an altered signal to the ECU. Sprint Booster can see the throttle input you are demanding with your foot, and reports a signal to your ECU of what it thinks you really want in terms of throttle. Our product is different than other products out there that simply multiple your throttle response. Sprint Booster actually does analysis your inputs and outputs the proper amount of throttle response which makes your car feel like its come alive.

There are thousands of other MB owners that have it, and if you asked them. They would have a hard time putting it into words as to how good it works, cause it almost reads your mind in terms of the amount of power your demanding. Those who have it.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Ned,

For those who do not like throttle lag, then yes its a negative thing. Pressing down on the throttle more still doesnt do what the sprintbooser does for these cars. It gives us drivers more control over the throttle. I dont even think it is just for aggressive drivers. Its for those who press on the gas pedal and want their vehicles to go without that second of lag time. For the most part, I think 95% of people who try sprintbooster love it. And those who knock it or state that its the same thing as pressing down harder actually havent tried it. So for those trying to make sense of this mod when not even trying it doesn't make sense. Your putting your two cents into something you never even tried. If I were you, I'd buy the damn thing, try it, return it and then let us know your thoughts... I think there is a 30 day return policy on them.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
It seems to me that all this product does is reduce the travel range of the gas pedal and give you less control over gradations of acceleration. In other words, one inch of travel opens the throttle more with the sprint booster than without. Or put another way, you reach 100% throttle at 3 inches of gas pedal depression with versus 100% at five inches without. It's kind of like having a stepped volume control with 100 steps and then changing to one with only 50 steps. Each step with the 50 step volume control is twice the previous one. So the only benefit would be the time saved in the mechanical pressing down of the accelerator. That can't be much. Could you gain .25 second? Maybe. Depends on the quickness of your foot. There is no question that you would get a more responsive accelerator per unit of depression. This may come at the expense of more wear on your tranny. That feel of the throttle response is part of the signiture feel of a Mercedes. You learn to be more aggressive with the gas pedal if you need to get moving. Regards. Ned.
Hello ngerstman, We just wanted to respond to your comments.

1) In regards to your conclusion on sprint boosters operation highlighted above. This may be true for other products on the market that attempt to modify throttle response. But we have specifically tuned our module to offer superior throttle control. Sprint Booster continuously monitors your inputs (pedal) and sends a new signal to the ECU providing a more accurate throttle response in line with what the driver wants.

2) The benefits of sprint booster are often just summarized to WOT, but it is much more than, its more about control. Control over the entire throttle range. We have engineered it to work in multiple scenarios, but working better.

3) Transmission wear is a function of how you treat your transmission. Multiple factors go in to that, but Sprint Booster is not one of them. Sprint Booster is a mod that allows a personal to have accurate control over their throttle response. The Sprint Booster success actually harps back to its use on very early Drive by Wire systems with M.B.

We invite you to experience the difference for yourself.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 01-17-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM

2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
I got the animal spirits going. Let the banter begin!!! Or end!!! Whatever. Thanks. Ned
Old 01-17-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Hello ngerstman, We just wanted to respond to your comments.

1) In regards to your conclusion on sprint boosters operation highlighted above. This may be true for other products on the market that attempt to modify throttle response. But we have specifically tuned our module to offer superior throttle control. Sprint Booster continuously monitors your inputs (pedal) and sends a new signal to the ECU providing a more accurate throttle response in line with what the driver wants.

2) The benefits of sprint booster are often just summarized to WOT, but it is much more than, its more about control. Control over the entire throttle range. We have engineered it to work in multiple scenarios, but working better.

3) Transmission wear is a function of how you treat your transmission. Multiple factors go in to that, but Sprint Booster is not one of them. Sprint Booster is a mod that allows a personal to have accurate control over their throttle response. The Sprint Booster success actually harps back to its use on very early Drive by Wire systems with M.B.

We invite you to experience the difference for yourself.
You still haven't said anything that would leave me to believe that you've done anything other than reducing the travel range of the gas pedal. Throttle response will feel quicker if you get to 100% throttle with a 3 inch travel versus a 5 inch travel, that is common sense. I'm not saying that is not the result that some may desire. But it is what it is. Mercedes made the throttle response the way it is because that is the package of performance that they felt gave the typical consumer the combination of performance and safety that made the most sense. Think of it this way, if the travel of the gas pedal were 3 inches, throttle response would be faster than if it were 6 inches. A small amount of travel would propel the car much faster than the 6 inch travel setup. But you loose some of the range of control. Take it to the next level, only 1.5 inches of travel. Each small depression of the gas pedal would rocket you forward. But you loose lots control. The extreme would be the point at which the gas pedal becomes an on/off switch. That would be the ultimate throttle response!! Now maybe what you do is give a more linear response curve versus a non linear response curve from the stock Mercedes. That I'm not sure about, but even if that were the case, I would imagine that you could learn to adjust to that as well with your right foot. Regards. Ned.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 PM

Ned- Your thinking too much brudda...just try it. I am totally serious it’s much more responsive than just slamming down your foot on the pedal. It's a completely different feel. Don't pooh-pooh it until you’ve had first hand experience. Trust me...I have no motive to try and persuade you other than I too am a MB enthusiast and I would never go back.

So long story short. If you don't want one great. But, with all due respect, if you are going to try and argue your side without having first hand experience with this specific product...you’re simply being ignorant.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:38 PM
WGB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E500, W164 320CDI, W116 450SEL 6.9, W116 450 SEL.
I guess you'll have to buy one Ned to continue the conversation.

Sounds a bit like calling at poker.

They have said in the past that the shaped fitting that the old throttle cable was wrapped around the shaft of the carby butterfly was one of the most carefully designed shapes on the car as it gave the car it's character.

Following on from another thread about fuel economy I like the progressive throttle and it's ability for fine control. I would imagine that getting pedal to the metal as fast as possible will not help economy but otherswill not worry.

Bill

PS - it is also possible that the 350 motor is more in need of this than the 550. I love the way the 550 goes faster and faster the more you squeeze the throttle with none of the lag that afflicted my previous 500 motor.

Last edited by WGB; 01-17-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
Ned- Your thinking too much brudda...just try it. I am totally serious it’s much more responsive than just slamming down your foot on the pedal. It's a completely different feel. Don't pooh-pooh it until you’ve had first hand experience. Trust me...I have no motive to try and persuade you other than I too am a MB enthusiast and I would never go back.

So long story short. If you don't want one great. But, with all due respect, if you are going to try and argue your side without having first hand experience with this specific product...you’re simply being ignorant.
There are certainly some enthusiastic supporters of this product in this forum. I do respect the thoughtful opinions of my Mercedes brethren. If you're on this forum you give a "sht" and that's good. It appears that someone on this thread had tried the sprint booster on an e550 and it didn't have the proper connecters. So I couldn't try it if I wanted. Regards. Ned.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 AM

Black W212 E550
An interesting read but you have to see the thread evolve, 10 pages!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...n-slkfans.html
Old 01-18-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
An interesting read but you have to see the thread evolve, 10 pages!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...n-slkfans.html
Thanks. I'll take a look. Regards. Ned.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 AM

Titleist
Entertaining...

I've been following this thread from the beginning and it is quite entertaining. On one side, you have people with legitimate questions and perhaps doubt, and on the supporter's side, there is an almost evangelical hyper-sensitivity if any of that doubt is cast or the questions are perceived in the wrong way. I think one could more easily escape the wrath of making a comment about another's child or spout an inappropriate slur or off-color remark without being pounced on like they would if they show anything less than admiration or awe for the Sprint Booster. It's almost like watching a reality show or, better yet, watching a cat-fight on Jerry Springer.

I, for one, believe the product can work. It's based on an amplified signal with perhaps a bit more technology applied. From my understanding, this enhancement effects the throttle peddle action, but does not in any other way enhance the internal throttle system, fuel delivery system, add horse-power, etc. (That's my understanding, but I could be wrong). As a stand-alone aftermarket tweak, I suspect it offers bang for the buck on what it was actually intended to do. Yet, from this thread, one could gain a sense that Sprint Booster is magical and the key ingredient in the secret sauce that nearly transforms the meek E 350 into the E 550, and the capable E 550 into the mighty E 63, all for a low, low price of ~$299.00!

I believe it is the hyper-sensitity that adds an element of question in the air, specifically the claim that eludes that Sprint Booster, as the sole enhancement, essentially unlocks the 300 HP present in the SLK 350, but missing from the E 350, which is not only misleading, but it serves to tarnish the credibility of the poster and the claims made. (There are other differences in the two engines, but the poster skirts that fact).

Further adding an element of question are the other claims that are qualitative, but not substantiated or quantitative. It may not be faster, but it sure feels faster. Maybe this is true and maybe it is enough to make it a worthy modification. I believe feeling faster is enough for some and I believe Sprint Booster can make one feel faster, kind of like turning the breather cover over on older V-8's created that growl that put a smile on my face when I was a kid. Feel is important and enhancements that make one feel better or that a certain desired result might be attained is sometimes more important than whether the quantitative result was actually achieved (or not) altogether. This is why toupes, silicon and other cosmetic enhancements are such big business...they may not be real or change the DNA, but they make some feel better. Perception is reality. Heck, they even make fake Rolex watches with sweeping second hands now!!

It might calm the Dissenters and restore peace and harmony to this forum world as we know it, if the manufacturer could simply post substantiated 0-60 times before and after Sprint Booster. Take the E 350, for example, what were the 0-60 times before Sprint Booster, and what are they afterwards? Completely and objective results fair to both, pre- and post-mod. Substantiated facts and not feel statements, please.

Until then, please pass the popcorn!!

Last edited by golfster; 01-18-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by golfster
I've been following this thread from the beginning and it is quite entertaining. On one side, you have people with legitimate questions and perhaps doubt, and on the supporter's side, there is an almost evengelical hyper-sensitivity if any of that doubt is cast or the questions are perceived in the wrong way. I think one could more easily escape the wrath of making a comment about another's child or spout an inappropriate slur or off-color remark without being pounced on like they would if they show anything less than admiration or awe for the Sprint Booster. It's almost like watching a reality show or, better yet, watching a cat-fight on Jerry Springer.

I, for one, believe the product can work. It's based on an amplified signal with perhaps a bit more technology applied. From my understanding, this enhancement effects the throttle peddle action, but does not in any other way enhance the internal throttle system, fuel delivery system, add horse-power, etc. (That's my understanding, but I could be wrong). As a stand-alone aftermarket tweak, I suspect it offers bang for the buck on what it was actually intended to do. Yet, from this thread, one could gain a sense that Sprint Booster is magical and the key ingredient in the secret sauce that nearly transforms the meek E 350 into the E 550, and the capable E 550 into the mighty E 63, all for a low, low price of ~$299.00!

I believe it is the hyper-sensitity that adds an element of question in the air, specifically the claim that eludes that Sprint Booster, as the sole enhancement, essentially unlocks the 300 HP present in the SLK 350, but missing from the E 350, which is not only misleading, but it serves to tarnish the credibility of the poster and the claims made. (There are other differences in the two engines, but the poster skirts that fact).

Further adding an element of question are the other claims that are qualitative, but not substantiated or quantitative. It may not be faster, but it sure feels faster. Maybe this is true and maybe it is enough to make it a worthy modification. I believe feeling faster is enough for some and I believe Sprint Booster can make one feel faster, kind of like turning the breather cover over on older V-8's created that growl that put a smile on my face when I was a kid. Feel is important and enhancements that make one feel better or that a certain desired result might be attained is sometimes more important than whether the quantitative result was actually achieved (or not) altogether. This is why toupes, silicon and other cosmetic enhancements are such big business...they may not be real or change the DNA, but they make some feel better. Perception is reality. Heck, they even make fake Rolex watches with sweeping second hands now!!

It might calm the Dissenters and restore peace and harmony to this forum world as we know it, if the manufacturer could simply post substantiated 0-60 times before and after Sprint Booster. Take the E 350, for example, what were the 0-60 times before Sprint Booster, and what are they afterwards? Completely and objective results fair to both, pre- and post-mod. Substantiated facts and not feel statements, please.

Nice write up Golfster...I agree with your comments. I am stepping aside from this specific conversation and I apolgize if any of my post's sounded like I was drinking the 'kool-aid". I do like the SB, however it is not the end all mod with secret sauce. For the relatively low price, it was a real good addition for me. Over n out...

Last edited by BPhillyBenz; 01-18-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:12 AM

E350 Coupe
I'll only make one brief comment. I do not want to keep this thread going. I have had a SprintBooster on my Infiniti G35 AT coupe for about 3 years now. It operates as advertised. To me and this is only my opinion the only way to determine if it works is to install one on your vehicle. I went through a thread just like this when I posted a positive post on the Infiniti forum. You can theorize how SprintBooster can or cannot perform as advertised but, the only way to prove a theory is to test that theory for yourself. I am not criticizing anyone's posts. Only stating what I believe to be true.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by steelgrey
I'll only make one brief comment. I do not want to keep this thread going. I have had a SprintBooster on my Infiniti G35 AT coupe for about 3 years now. It operates as advertised. To me and this is only my opinion the only way to determine if it works is to install one on your vehicle. I went through a thread just like this when I posted a positive post on the Infiniti forum. You can theorize how SprintBooster can or cannot perform as advertised but, the only way to prove a theory is to test that theory for yourself. I am not criticizing anyone's posts. Only stating what I believe to be true.
Do you have it on you're e350 coupe? Thanks. Ned.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM

E350 Coupe
No Ned I do not. The E350 is my wife's car. My wife appreciates the silky smoothness of the Mercedes transmission. I drive the G35 coupe that has 289 hp and a 5 speed auto transmission with a triptronic (manual) mode. It is also drive by wire. I have the first generation SprintBooster so mine is on all the time. The problem with your theory really comes into play when shifting between gears. In order to mimic SprintBooster you would need to press the pedal further at the exact moment the transmission shifts. I tried this before I found out about SprintBooster and it just isn't possible to do with any consistency. The alternative to getting crisper/faster shifts at least with the G35 is to get a valve body upgrade kit. This costs about $800 installed and needs to be done by someone knowledgeable. The reason that SprintBooster users can get somewhat defensive is that their opinions are based on actual driving experience. In my case thousands of miles. When that experience is questioned by someone who hasn't tried it the outcome is this thread. Remember that we all drove our vehicles without SprintBooster before installing them. We have before and after real world experience.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:09 PM

No Ned I do not. The E350 is my wife's car. My wife appreciates the silky smoothness of the Mercedes transmission. I drive the G35 coupe that has 289 hp and a 5 speed auto transmission with a triptronic (manual) mode. It is also drive by wire. I have the first generation SprintBooster so mine is on all the time. The problem with your theory really comes into play when shifting between gears. In order to mimic SprintBooster you would need to press the pedal further at the exact moment the transmission shifts. I tried this before I found out about SprintBooster and it just isn't possible to do with any consistency. The alternative to getting crisper/faster shifts at least with the G35 is to get a valve body upgrade kit. This costs about $800 installed and needs to be done by someone knowledgeable. The reason that SprintBooster users can get somewhat defensive is that their opinions are based on actual driving experience. In my case thousands of miles. When that experience is questioned by someone who hasn't tried it the outcome is this thread. Remember that we all drove our vehicles without SprintBooster before installing them. We have before and after real world experience.
I hear you. Thanks. Ned.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM
WGB

W212 E500, W164 320CDI, W116 450SEL 6.9, W116 450 SEL.
A very good arguement - well presented.

Thankyou.

Bill
Old 01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C-Class
Originally Posted by golfster
I've been following this thread from the beginning and it is quite entertaining. On one side, you have people with legitimate questions and perhaps doubt, and on the supporter's side, there is an almost evangelical hyper-sensitivity if any of that doubt is cast or the questions are perceived in the wrong way. I think one could more easily escape the wrath of making a comment about another's child or spout an inappropriate slur or off-color remark without being pounced on like they would if they show anything less than admiration or awe for the Sprint Booster. It's almost like watching a reality show or, better yet, watching a cat-fight on Jerry Springer.

golfster, We at Sprint Booster admit that our product may not be for everyone. And that is fine. Some people are overly suspicious of how Sprint Booster works, and that is fine, its everyones right to have an opinion and we concede that our marketing may not reach everyone. We have attempted to make the marketing message as simple as possible.

It can be summed up as simple as "Try it, and if you don't like it, return it! No B.S."

In the past we have attempted to be ultra technical, but generally there are a special few who go to the ends of the earth to find an data which seems in consistent and harp on it. Or there are people who put together documents and put together a few limited tests and make assumptions about how our device works. The sad part is, since they do not have all the facts and data they often get it wrong.

The truth of the matter is we pioneered this product years ago. We studied in depth the inherent problems that exist in drive by wire systems, both new and old. No one understands this problems better than we do. We patented this technology and continue to this very day to innovate and refine our product. Since our product has a dynamic nature that is often over looked, people conclude that sprint booster is a simple product you can make in 5 minutes by going to your local electronic store. The reality is, Sprint Booster is advanced circuitry engineered to do one thing. Enhance your throttle response. To allow you to control your throttle response more accurately. Simply put - Make your car respond how it should!

We are not here to pull the wool over anyones eyes, or to engage in endless arguments that go nowhere. Sprint Booster is a plug and play hardware modification. No cutting of wires, no reprogramming of the ECU. In minutes, or seconds if you really good at it. Your cars throttle response is enhanced. Once you try a Sprint Booster, its pretty hard to go back.

If anyone here has a curiosity about Sprint Booster, we encourage you to try our product. If after 30 days you dont like it, you think its too much, you dont like the box that its packaged in. etc.... etc... etc..... RETURN IT. And you get your money back immediately. This is a policy we have enforced on our entire dealer network. If they are an Authorized dealer, their policy will be in line with this.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:28 AM

Titleist
Hi SB,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in my post, I think it works, (I don't have it but the principle is sound) yet there are some here that may relate more to a measurable result versus the subjective description of feel. You've been straight up about what the product does and doesn't do. My post was not to dispute your claim nor the claim of the other member/users that the product enhances feel by increasing peddle responsiveness. The one claim I cry foul on was SpeedDriven's claim that eluded to the SB being the key missing component that differentiates the 300 HP SLK 350 engine from the 268 HP E 350 engine. I think that claim was misleading and therefore lacks credibility.

I acknowledge feel is enough to satisfy some, yet others only relate to numbers and measurable results. Neither approach is wrong, yet it leads me to ask one simple question, are there any 0-60 changes to the E 350 before and after Sprint Booster, all other factors being equal?

Last edited by golfster; 01-20-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:56 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Actually I think SpeedDriven''s claim was not to push the S.B, but was to say the Tune (which I believe he was pushing over S.B) would actually yield HP, thus maybe getting the same number as the SLK engine.

I'm curious to know of the 0-60 as well. Kind of crazy to think of how much faster something can feel, without even improving acceleration times. Not saying that I don't believe it (I do), but it's literally crazy to think that a feeling can change so much, without technical time improvement.

Regardless, seems like can't go wrong with it. If you're looking for extra pep, without caring about any HP/TQ improvements, seems everyone who's tried it has been happy. If you don't like it, the return policy is a great showing of confidence.

Last edited by K-A; 01-20-2011 at 03:59 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster