E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
Old 06-24-2015, 02:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

W212 Regular Maintenace Service Stuff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 E350 4MATIC
W212 Regular Maintenace Service Stuff

Hello All,
I Hope we can use this thread to discuss experiences during regular schedule service maintenance and any issues (Solved/ not solved) that happen during each 10K intervals or your regular scheduled Maintenance services
===== I'll start...

After 6 months and 15 days of ownership, I can sum up that this car reliability is good enough. I'm quite happy. It is scheduled for the first checkup on Feb 18th..

On my first 10K...
Resolved warranty issues:
1. Mbrace stucked at greetings mode. Could not received send and search feature. Dealer changed the module and issues was solved.
2. ~3K miles, found that rear interior dome light did not work. Dealer swap the control module and replaced the bulbs and issue was solved.

Unresolved issue and things to see during my first Schedule A service:
1. Waiting to see the impact of using the "Pre-paid Maintenance, 3-yr/30K miles" program. I am not expecting to pay any pennies. I don't tell the dealer if I have this pre-paid maintenance and see if they catch it.
Note: They quoted $189.00 including tax (MB of Novi, MI) if paying without pre paid maintenance.
2. BT Audio always need De-Auth and re-Auth every time I want to stream the music from my Iphone 4. Dealer told me to complaint so he can perform COMMAND firmware update under warranty. I'll let you know the result of this update.
3. Power window Feature: In freezing condition, my driver window auto up/down did not work twice (it seems like it hit the load threshold... no freezing iced, etc). I had to manually hold the switch to close it. In cold condition, the passenger window goes up/down very slow. I want them to check and see if there is any DTC.
4. Distronic Plus: When driving in total empty highway, no car around, very clear condition, after some long period of time, I got the red triangle warning, one-beep, and occasionally it cancels the function. I had to re-engaged the function. All happened at night. I want to check if there is any DTC being set.
5. KEYLESS-GO: I open/ close trunk every day. 50% of the time, the trunk switch does not recognize the presence of my key in the pocket. When this happen, I have to touch one of the door handles to unlock the doors and then the trunk can be opened. But 50% of the time, works. I will get Dealer to check this.

With this... I will get back on to you all with my follow up on this coming Friday, 2/18/10..

But sssst..Don't PM my baby-Benz that I will bring her to the doctor on Friday for her first check up. She will cry like a baby ... heh heh heh
Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM

'11 E350 4MATIC
So here is my Update:
1. I used my first pre-paid Maintenace (schedule A) at the MB dealership close to my office (not from the one I purchased the car). They recognized that I have this prepaid and I did not pay a dime. Check on this one

2. BT Streaming Audio. They did upgrade the firmware but still no luck. It seems a hardware thing and cannot be resolved just by upgrading to new software. This dealer thinks that there is something wrong with the COMMAND. They are ordering a new one for me and This will take a while. The warranty thing is awesome. So this one is not resolved yet.

3. Power window things.. NTF

4. Distronic/ Pre-safe issue: the SDS found these following codes: S80400, S50400, S20400, S30400. The explanation on the invoice: "Distronic is being distrupted by external signal possiably from another vehicle with distronic". Shop Foreman was intructed to clear codes and let client (me) monitor. Hmnmm... I hope this thing is now fixed.

They provided me with shutle car, wash the car and got mind back closed of business day. I am looking forward for the new COMMAND
Old 02-19-2011, 03:10 PM

2010 E550 Sport Sedan Blk/Blk
Great update. Can't wait to hear your results of a new command unit.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:13 PM

'11 E350 4MATIC
I finally got a call from the dealership that the Shop Foreman needs to see the issues with my Car before changing the $6K command center. So I brought back the car to dealer ship this morning.

Results:
1. BT Audio streaming is now WORKING... yeaaah!
They finally got the right software update. From SW Version: 0029024000 to 0009026706-001. I noticed that when it's connected, it says: Transmission Active. They also have feature called boost under Volume sub menu. Oh Maaan, with my Iphone 4 in Bass Booster mode and in this Volume Boost mode.. the bass is really kickin.. I now can stream the Pandora too.. I can also change the chapter from the steering wheel. The transition between BT phone and BT Audio back and forth are seemless.
NOTE: I started to pair the BT from the BT Audio. When it is done, it automatically paired the BT phone also.

After cycling the ignition, the BT audio will play again automatically. It recognizes the phone. I am Very happy. I do not have to purchase the Media plus module that cost you $300. The BT sound is great.

2. They finally fixed the Distronic Plus, Pre-safe and Blind spot error message.
They found Blocked due to Soil/ dirt on the sensor. This fixed the intermittnet distronic warning system/

They also updated the 69/2 SGR Control Unit Software and cleared the error codes. They found numerous communication erros inthis module.

Please see the complete work being done below:

Soooooooooo... All issues are now resolved....No More issues, I Hope... GO BENZ-ooo
Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Great. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic
How did you get your dealer to put the firmware update. I'm having issues getting my dealer to do it. Also I tried getting a 3rd party mechanic to do it. But he wasn't sure what telematics disk he should be using to update. Any idea which they used.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Weistec C63 AMG & 2012 Ducati SF848
Smile

Great info! ...especially the shop work receipt/work order. That alone is pure gold. I sent a copy of that to my service rep and he called back with an appointment date to have it done. Granted my car is a '11 C63, but there should be a similar update software track for it as well.

Most of the problems with mods on these cars seems to be with MB having gone to a VIN# based part lookup. Most of the parts guys are unable or unwilling to look up anything that didn't come with your car. i was trying to wrap my head around the fact that the parts tech couldn't just look up the car and see all versions (with, without, P1, P2, etc.). My parts tech saw the look of confusion and told me how it now works.

They really don't have a generic VIN for each series (class) that allows them to see all possible options or features (ie. rear view mirror, heated version, auto dim version, etc). They can only see the list of parts for your particular VIN with the current system. As someone who managed an import parts store during my early college years, I was shocked. But after thinking about it, I can see where that saves a lot of time and confusion on replacement parts. It sucks for mods, but it's great for dealerships.

Regardless, I have only one more question: How did you get the "hot coffee" option on the dash display?

I appreciate the fact that you posted the info and service ticket. Many thanks!

Treffin

Originally Posted by hanjaya1
I finally got a call from the dealership that the Shop Foreman needs to see the issues with my Car before changing the $6K command center. So I brought back the car to dealer ship this morning.

Results:
1. BT Audio streaming is now WORKING... yeaaah!
They finally got the right software update. From SW Version: 0029024000 to 0009026706-001. I noticed that when it's connected, it says: Transmission Active. They also have feature called boost under Volume sub menu. Oh Maaan, with my Iphone 4 in Bass Booster mode and in this Volume Boost mode.. the bass is really kickin.. I now can stream the Pandora too.. I can also change the chapter from the steering wheel. The transition between BT phone and BT Audio back and forth are seemless.
NOTE: I started to pair the BT from the BT Audio. When it is done, it automatically paired the BT phone also.

After cycling the ignition, the BT audio will play again automatically. It recognizes the phone. I am Very happy. I do not have to purchase the Media plus module that cost you $300. The BT sound is great.

Last edited by treffin; 06-10-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
hi
any chance you still have those receipts they don't show up any more
thanks
Old 11-27-2014, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by hanjaya1
...(MB of Novi, MI)
...just another note of support for MB of Novi....probably the best dealership I've ever known! Excellent service department. My SA is Dan, and he goes above and beyond on each visit, although with our W211 at over 80,000 miles, it hasn't needed much....outstanding car!