Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
Talking Been noticing my bad habits

Heads:

whats good........

I've been noticing how I get in and out of my car......what I use to brace myself(wheel, seat, armrest); pull myself(wheel, seat, etc); different parts of the interior I'm wearing faster or perhaps unnessesarily altogether....
I've come close a few times to possibly cracking a window while flinging
my seat belt off.....that thing just retracts like a bandit!...sometimes I forget to 'ease' it up. I sometimes push funny on my wheel or seat as I reach around to help the youngster, causing noticable tensions....
this isn't a complaint or anything, just a note to myself and maybe others
who think about this kind of thing.....I have to try and be a bit easier on the equipment, I know it's meant to be used, but sometimes I guess I get careless.....

on another note: I SMOKED some dudes getting on an on ramp today.....LOL

peace
Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 W212, 1985 C10
i hear ya... i'm paranoid about the exit side of my driver's seat... rub in... rub out... rub in... rub out... I do my best to keep it conditioned and clean. Try to keep my weight off it as much as possible
Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Yeah, certain things you wanna watch. Don't fling the belt into tinted windows, and try not to put too much force on anything while getting in or out (the W211's had their telescoping wheel electronics compromised after some owners would put too much force on them doing that very thing).

With me, my main things I watch out for are not scuffing the side bolsters while getting on or out (having M-B Tex makes this almost a non issue as it doesn't scuff easily), not etching my nails into the soft Nappa Leather steering wheel (this WILL scuff easily), making sure to not accidentally scratch any of the wood if I quickly hit some switches or open compartments (lots of wood ). Also, I find these doors to be fairly light for a car this substantial (it's a good thing, as M-B used a lot of aluminum and lightweight Ultra High Strength Steels to get the weight down), so several times I had accidentally flung the door open a lot harder than I intended, and it practically torqued the whole car a bit when it caught its limit.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:04 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I've swung my door a bit too much a few times..it's a nice heavy door, although I have felt heavier...
all good points about wear and tear.....didn't think about the tint getting damaged as I have not gotten tinted yet! but I want to....
I also realized today that I have opened the glove department less than 5 times.....
I never even use it....lol.....along with many of the other things.....
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah, I never use the glove either. Rarely do I open that thing. I don't use the other compartments much either. I'm not a big "drink while you drive" guy either, so the cup-holders (America's favorite car feature, lol) don't get exercised to often.

I think I've only had someone in the back seat like twice since I've had the car, haha. I'm one of those people who doesn't need a generously sized Sedan, but I buy it for its style (and Safety), lol. Not to mention, I'm 6'4.

One time I had two very "curious" friends in my car, they were playing with everything, feeling around, finding these compartments that I didn't even know exist (like the rear pull out cupholders, etc.), it drove me NUTS.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:17 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
what drives me nuts is the passenger comparment always popping open......
and the only one who eats or drinks in my car is my 2.6 year old, lol.....
guess there's always an exception.....
I have noticed debris has a nasty habit of collecting in the ribbed seating......
have to get a little vac or something special, lol.......
I haven't even used night vision is weeks!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
We have pull-out cupholders?

-I've only opened the glove box to put my iPod in there. Once and done.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:08 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
I have NO idea where those cup holders went.......suppose that'll bring my resale value down with out thoise cup holders.....lol
Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah, in that rear "pull out thing" in the middle of the back seats. If you pull it out, and open its compartment, there are some nifty things in there.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Titleist
Oh...I haven't had any back seat passengers yet. For that matter, I've had one front seat passenger just one time.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:33 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
Interesting discussion. Thought I'd jump in...
My bad habits -
1) I have stopped looking over my shoulder when I backup. Now (bad idea) I rely on backup camera. I do check the side mirrors as a habit.
2) HOLD feature: Now its become a nasty habit. Gives your right foot a break (no pun intended).
3) Glove box? I have the ipod - its a 160G ipod, has my entire collection. Will never take it out. But thats pretty much it. No other use. On the other hand, wife uses it quiet a bit. So, there - I've got my money's worth.
4) Backseat: There are a lot of nice features in the back. The armrest in middle has cup holders in it. The are AC & DC outlets. Air Vents. Back of front seats has some kind of mesh - and I suspect they have speakers in it - but I doubt because I never felt any beats in my back. I wish back door windows had sun shades like it is for rear glass.
5) Keyless Go Fob. I remove it from the keychain and just carry the Fob in my pocket. Rest of bunch stays in car. Bad habit, but I like it that way. I know I am going to lose it one day.
6) Analog Clock: Cant stand it. Taking up space, whereas there are so many places right in the car where it shows both analog and digital times. I bring this up because, I am not that tall - so when I adjust my seat and steering height just so I can see well and yet keep my arms comfortable, it cuts my vision from the speedometer as the steering wheel (for my height adjustment) cuts right thru it. So, its a compromise, and I have to raise the steering wheel higher that what I am comfortable with. Trust me, this is true because it took me a long time to notice the turn signal lights.
7) 6-CD changer, Memory Card and 6G HDD. Useless. Have not used it at all. iPod all the way.
8) Cigarette lighter: What the...?
9) Tap on turn signal lever for 3 blinks. Awesome. Use it all the time. Again, bad habit as you start expecting it in other cars that you happen to drive.
10) Ability to close trunk from inside...priceless.

And sure, there's more. Just enjoying every bit of it.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
awesome sum up WW, thanx for sharing....many great and funny points considered..
I used to hang out in the backseat the first couple of weeks watching movies, lol, but that's really the only time I've spent back there; aside from cleaning...
I actually do enjoy the regular clock because I never have the screen on...always straight off it goes....and yes, the turn signal thrice is awesome
Old 03-28-2011, 01:23 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by golfster
Oh...I haven't had any back seat passengers yet. For that matter, I've had one front seat passenger just one time.
that's not all bad I'd assume
less chance of something getting tweaked....lol
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM

2010 W212, 1985 C10
My bad habit... Thinking the girls actually like me for ME....
Old 03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Ctrl+alt+Elite
My bad habit... Thinking the girls actually like me for ME....
LOL, too good man!

but you're in Miami? Are there not tons of honey's there?
Old 03-28-2011, 07:10 PM

2010 W212, 1985 C10
Originally Posted by hyperion667
but you're in Miami? Are there not tons of honey's there?
Oh yeah.. everywhere, but most of the good ones are "occupied". Good girls come to Miami and get Miami-ized. Shallow and all about how much you make and what you drive. it's horrible.

I cant say "all" of them, because there are exceptions, but a good majority... the one's I am meeting anyway
Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

If I wasn't in a relationship, I'd definitely drive my Malibu for "first dates".

A Benz is you making a statement to most layman's, and that is mostly due to more people buying a Mercedes for passive aggressive braggart reasons, than there are those who buy them as enthusiasts who are fanatics about what the car has to offer.

A perfect and nth-degree example is my Mom: She recently went on a date with a guy who owns an SLS, a Classic reaally old M-B (she didn't know the model or exact year), and a boring Lexus SUV. She discredited him for being so **** about keeping that SLS locked up in the garage, that he wouldn't drive it on their night out. Granted, she's been around her nice cars, and she doesn't give a crap (actually thinks of flashy cars as a negative toward ones persona). I told her that if it were me, and I owned the SLS NOT to get dates, but to tickle my Enthusiast bone, I'd find it a bit much and ridiculous to take someone out on it for a first Date..... Talk about a statement.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:22 PM

Titleist
The difference between good girls and southern girls:

Good girls say, "you may."

Southern gals say, "y'all can."

I miss the south.