E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Fake E63 AMG Badges LMAO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Originally Posted by csquared
Only a car enthusiast can tell the difference between a real E63 and a regular W212 with AMG sport package. To be honest there's not a whole lot of difference between an E63 and W212 with AMG sport package. E63 has a more aggressive front bumper, quad exhausts, side chrome deletion, rear AMG spoiler, rear diffuser strip, 19" rims, and not to mention that beastly 6.3L V8 sound. Other than that, the two models are the same and that's from a car enthusiast's stand point.

The front fenders are visibly different, both in style (different design line element on the E63) and stance to accomodate the wider front track of the E63.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4m, 2011 S550 4m, 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by ImInPA
It is possible that she did not buy the car new, and, that the preovious owner did this re-badging. She may not know. I have seen this before. Not everyone gives a crap.
For those whom don't give a crap, feel free not to comment. For others who would like to share in the laughter, please do so.
In regards to the dealer, I see this car almost everyday and the License plate frames say "Lakeview", and is most likely the dealer the car was purchased from. My family has done a great deal of business with this specific dealer (approximately 10 cars total) and I can assure you that they do not rebadge their vehicles, we've returned a vehicle debaged and they asked for the badges back actually.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 PM

2011 E350 4m, 2011 S550 4m, 2012 ML350
Originally Posted by ghh429
I don't think there's anything wrong with it - each to his own. There are poseurs everywhere. Hell I'm a poseur myself, I put fake AMG wheels on my E350 because they look nice fully cognizant that they are 8lbs heavier than the real AMGs. But so what - the E350 is one of the slowest cars I've ever owned and I don't mind losing that tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile (to save the $2.5k).
ghh, I wouldn't call yourself a poseur considering you are buying a product offered by AMG (although a replica), purchasing a product of a brand is completely different from what's going on here. You can't purchase (theoretically) an AMG vehicle as an accessory/product. They are two completely different cars. I can't call my Mercedes dealer and order an AMG engine for my E350...

And to K-A lmao I was thinking the same thing! But Ari is the man and his wife doesn't deserve an AMG anyway.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Who cares? It's the owner's business what they do with THEIR car. There is not much difference with that and people who debadge their cars or add a pretend pano roof, 20" wheels. It hurts no one, so let it be.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 PM

2011 Mercedes E550 4M, 2003 BMW X5 4.4i
It would actually make more sense if he/she had an E350 and changed it to an E550. No one could tell if its an E350 or E550.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:11 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Actually, it hurts the image of AMG and Mercedes. Mercedes, because it makes their owners look like chip-on-shoulder wannabees with no class, and AMG much more tangibly, because it makes their cars look even more-so like "regular E-Classes" than they already do, and especially, because it makes them sound puny, and even more-so, if this person is idiotic enough to race on the streets, it makes AMG's look slow.

Debadging is available from Mercedes from the factory, and adding accessories like AMG Wheels and such aren done for reasons of vanity/style, not for posturing (at least in the healthy cases).
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
I really don't think MB cares in the slightest, LOL..........no such thing as bad publicity....
Old 09-21-2011, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 E63 w/P30 and Eurotech CF Diffuser
Posted these in some other threads, use as you will

Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4Matic, Diamond White, P2
I am guessing the assumption (not fact) is that this fakery somehow devalues the brand. I think this is a crock of hooey. There are millions of prints of the Mona Lisa, however, the real thing is in no danger of devaluation. Nor have the costs of my Rolex watches gone down due to the plethora counterfits available. In most ways, it actually enhances the value of the real thing. Just my additional two cents. I love the link I posted earlier with the Bently, with the Hyundai badge on the rear. It is fakery too, just in the opposite direction.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:53 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
I am guessing the assumption (not fact) is that this fakery somehow devalues the brand. I think this is a crock of hooey. There are millions of prints of the Mona Lisa, however, the real thing is in no danger of devaluation. Nor have the costs of my Rolex watches gone down due to the plethora counterfits available. In most ways, it actually enhances the value of the real thing. Just my additional two cents. I love the link I posted earlier with the Bently, with the Hyundai badge on the rear. It is fakery too, just in the opposite direction.
Knock-offs do devalue the brand. Whether Rolex or AMG. Go buy a Rolex and I guarantee someone out there will wonder if it's real. There you have it, that would be a devalue'd assumption cause there are so many fake Rolex's. You do the same with Coach, Gucci, on and on and people will ask "is it real?'. If people did it with AMG's like they do Rolex's, people would just assume that it may not even be the real thing. Also with flooding a market with "fake's" leave's your product rather less prestigious and un-unique and just one of many. You can't compare a Mona Lisa, no one ask's if that is a real or fake Mona Lisa, there is only one.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why would I possibly give a crap what someone else thinks about something I want for myself? I do not buy products for any one else but me. Since I am the one paying, the only value equation is the product's worth to me. Your example is only valid if you purchase things based on what others may think or if you are so insecure in your self that you think somehow a car is going impress others. In any event, if this is the thought process or motive in buying quality luxury things, you would probably do better with more hugs from your mommy than with a new Benz. That someone has to ask if it is real makes it even more substantial when you tell them, "of course it is real."

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-con.../IMG_03531.jpg

Last edited by ImInPA; 09-21-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM

2002 CLK320 Conv, 2007 CLK63 Conv, 2011 E350
Thumbs up

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-con.../IMG_03531.jpg[/QUOTE]

Love it!
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
Why would I possibly give a crap what someone else thinks about something I want for myself? I do not buy products for any one else but me. Since I am the one paying, the only value equation is the product's worth to me. Your example is only valid if you purchase things based on what others may think or if you are so insecure in your self that you think somehow a car is going impress others. In any event, if this is the thought process or motive in buying quality luxury things, you would probably do better with more hugs from your mommy than with a new Benz. That someone has to ask if it is real makes it even more substantial when you tell them, "of course it is real."

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/wp-con.../IMG_03531.jpg
This is not about impressing others, what about what it takes to impress ME? Here's my thought process cause you left the me or I out of your equation or statement all together. You know what I like about Benz over other cars on the market? I like the one of a kind design that's more exclusive or unique than it's competitors. That's a true statement and that's what I like. Not sure what others think or value but that's how I think. If I see knock-offs of my car's design and label, that in affect diminishes it's value based on those characteristics that are valuable to me. It's about impressing me, not others. Then again I like exclusive, unique, one of a kind designs so if I see knock-offs of the product, that diminishes it's value to me. Not sure if others care or not if their valued products have knock-offs.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
the sig is lookin good RNBRAD
how many miles are you up too on that bad boy?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RNBRAD
This is not about impressing others, what about what it takes to impress ME? Here's my thought process cause you left the me or I out of your equation or statement all together. You know what I like about Benz over other cars on the market? I like the one of a kind design that's more exclusive or unique than it's competitors. That's a true statement and that's what I like. Not sure what others think or value but that's how I think. If I see knock-offs of my car's design and label, that in affect diminishes it's value based on those characteristics that are valuable to me. It's about impressing me, not others. Then again I like exclusive, unique, one of a kind designs so if I see knock-offs of the product, that diminishes it's value to me. Not sure if others care or not if their valued products have knock-offs.
We will just have to respect each other's opinion, and, after all, this is all opinion. As a Rolex owner, when I see someone wearing a fake, I just feel bad for them. Some people are after an image not quality. I am not that way. I don't care how many of them there are or how good the fakes are, I want the real thing. As was said above, the ones with the fakes aren't fooling the ones that are actually going to notice. One of the cleaning people in my building commented how nice my new "Ford" looked in black. All I said was "thank you very much". It was unimportant to me. I wanted to tell him it was a new Hyundai. BTW, your sig pic looks fantastic!!!

Last edited by ImInPA; 09-21-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

@ "Nice Ford". Oh man.

Similar thing happened to me when I drove my Moms old E60 Bimmer to pick up my first personally owned Benz (W220). The Owners assistant who sold me the car, genuinely asked if that was my "Camry".
Old 09-22-2011, 06:54 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
why do people even need rolexes? unless you're on a covert op, and need to be synced with your team, why do we need such an accurate watch?
it's basically saying "I can afford to have 10K on my wrist" and haha at you for your poor watch.......

I don't even wear a watch........LOL........

vanity.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
Originally Posted by hyperion667
the sig is lookin good RNBRAD
how many miles are you up too on that bad boy?
Thanks for the comments. I've only got 5300 miles on it, goes in tomorrow for it's annual oil change. I have 5 cars though so it's hard to put any miles on any single car.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
why do people even need rolexes? unless you're on a covert op, and need to be synced with your team, why do we need such an accurate watch?
it's basically saying "I can afford to have 10K on my wrist" and haha at you for your poor watch.......

I don't even wear a watch........LOL........

vanity.
I have two Rolex watches. One was a gift and the other was a service award. Vanity had nothing to do with it. Nice watches, but, they are actually not that accurate compared to digital timepieces. In the 20 years I have had them, only other Rolex watch wearers have commented. Never has a person not wearing a Rolex commented on my watches. Just as stated above, the ones that know will notice, the ones that do not know will not.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
A Rolex watch lasts a lifetime. Once every ten years I send mine back to Rolex and it is completely overhauled, polished and returned to me in absolutely new condition. Cost of maintenance work is approximately $1,600.00.
I have owned my Rolex thirty years and I will never buy another watch. I expect the watch to be passed on to my progeny and to continue to give great service for many years after my demise. That's why many people buy a ROLEX. There is no show value, only personal satisfaction.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by petee1997
A Rolex watch lasts a lifetime. Once every ten years I send mine back to Rolex and it is completely overhauled, polished and returned to me in absolutely new condition. Cost of maintenance work is approximately $1,600.00.
I have owned my Rolex thirty years and I will never buy another watch. I expect the watch to be passed on to my progeny and to continue to give great service for many years after my demise. That's why many people buy a ROLEX. There is no show value, only personal satisfaction.
My sentiments exactly!!! I have sent my Sea Dweller in for service once. It was about $500 for the service. Came back looking brand new.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:33 AM

2010 E350 SP / Honda Crosstour / prior vehicles - C32 modded / C300 modded / Lincoln LS modded
posers suck

It just ads to people being a bit lost and trying to be what they are not and try to make people think they have more money then they already do. Lets be real honest. 70% of the people on this forum are sctreched to own their nice Mercedes. I would be better off with a smaller car payment, but I have spoiled myself for years 3rd Merc and going. I think the other 30% own 120k plus cars. house wives looked like they had money and now look at them all. Except Beverly Hills. Those ****** are just ****ing loaded.

I am going to print out that amg no engine picture and put on posers cars. I can see a amg from a football field away. The stance is completly different. Lower and wider track, less wheel clearance.

Whats harder is telling the last gen m5 from a 550i
Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by evanswan
It just ads to people being a bit lost and trying to be what they are not and try to make people think they have more money then they already do. Lets be real honest. 70% of the people on this forum are sctreched to own their nice Mercedes. I would be better off with a smaller car payment, but I have spoiled myself for years 3rd Merc and going. I think the other 30% own 120k plus cars. house wives looked like they had money and now look at them all. Except Beverly Hills. Those ****** are just ****ing loaded.

I am going to print out that amg no engine picture and put on posers cars. I can see a amg from a football field away. The stance is completly different. Lower and wider track, less wheel clearance.

Whats harder is telling the last gen m5 from a 550i
LOL, you are probably right on several parts of your posts.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
There is only 1or 2 people on this topic that should have any care on this topic, the only 1 or 2(out of 2 pages of comments) that have commented, that actually have amg models. Why do the people with non amg vehicles care?? I have a "Real" Breitling and Rolex watch, a custom motorcycle that cost more then my E-550,so I appreciate quality, but I guess I'm a poser because I have amg on the right side of my car(still have the e-550 badge on also though) because I think it looks good. Lets get back to more informative posts on hear. I'm tired of non amg owners with fake pano roofs, done by stickers, and cheap look alike aftermarket wheels etc., complaigning about someone having a amg badge on their car... Who cares??
Old 09-28-2011, 04:03 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

There's nothing wrong with people standing up for good taste, or calling those out on "posing". It makes for a more positive world.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fake E63 AMG Badges LMAO