Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by hyperion667
...you know when......
I must be thick because I'm completely missing the point and usefulness of your recent posts.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:35 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
apologies Noka, just clowning around.....my cls is covered, it's raining and kind of bored lol
Old 11-23-2014, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by hyperion667
apologies Noka, just clowning around.....my cls is covered, it's raining and kind of bored lol
No apologies necessary,... as I said, I must be thick... now corrected to 'I am thick'. Note to self: Find "funny sense of humor hat and put it on".
Old 11-24-2014, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Still haven't been able to get text messages with Droid RAZR Maxx HD despite BT settings in phone showing MAP is connected. Worked OK on my previous vehicle. There have not been any changes to Android version (4.4.2) nor Verizon s/w, so maybe Comand has some incompatibility. A little disappointing.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:27 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
@noka: Well, my Razr Maxx HD is on its last legs with its battery swelling and distorting the case and was replaced by a Samsung Note 4. That said, I can still get it to power up. So, when my car comes in I'll see if I can figure it out.

As an aside, I'll NEVER buy a phone with a sealed battery again. Yes, the battery can be replaced if you tear apart the phone which may work for many people. I travel too much and it's more of an undertaking than I'm willing to do in an airport lounge waiting for the next plane.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
@noka: Well, my Razr Maxx HD is on its last legs with its battery swelling and distorting the case and was replaced by a Samsung Note 4. That said, I can still get it to power up. So, when my car comes in I'll see if I can figure it out.

As an aside, I'll NEVER buy a phone with a sealed battery again. Yes, the battery can be replaced if you tear apart the phone which may work for many people. I travel too much and it's more of an undertaking than I'm willing to do in an airport lounge waiting for the next plane.
MB said it used to be compatible but some Comand upgrade likely caused an incompatibility, so they took it off the current list (whereas it used to be on the list). I might go for a Samsung Galaxy S5 next time around. Although the battery life is not near as good as the Droid Razr Maxx series, it is completely compatible (i.e. all check marks in the compatibility feature list) which includes 'inband ringtone' which which allows the car to ring your personalized ringtone instead of some generic ring. I was also worried about the battery on the Razr Maxx when I got it but so far it's been good at 1.5 years usage (albeit I am not a heavy phone user by any stretch of the imagination). Nevertheless, I charge it every night or two. I was wondering if most phones now even have a user replaceable battery. Although it would be nice to have, I don't think it's high on my priority of features, at least not enough to lose other features that I like. About the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, try it first because I see the Note 3 on the list but not the Note 4.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Well, I'm still not getting text messages with my Droid RAZR Maxx HD. I'm up for a contract renewal/upgrade with Verizon in a few months. My question is: Does anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and if so, do you get texts? How does it work in general? I have a US spec 2015 E350/4M.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by edwinwalke
Agree 100%. I really do not want to depart this planet because some dude was on a conference call and was distracted and ran into me. Offices are for business -- cars are for transportation and deserve the operators attention.
. +1. This. There is no business conference that demands more attention than the life of a person on the street. Talking on the phone even when using bluetooth causes decreased attention on the road. Human brain cannot handle two operations simultaneously at 100% level. So if the conference is that crucial and important, then the more likelihood that your driving attention will be even more reduced.
Those who say that its just like having a conversation with someone in the car....ever seen some driver quarreling with the passenger / wife / spouse, etc while driving... . I hope you get my point.
Dude, you've got an MB. Enjoy the drive and forget about work at least for a while.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
I'm not talking about conducting business or conference calls. I was only asking about whether the S5 can receive text messages.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by noka
I'm not talking about conducting business or conference calls. I was only asking about whether the S5 can receive text messages.
My post wasn't specifically addressed to you either. I just wanted to join the general discussion. FWIW I would hate to get text messages while I am driving .
Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by pamiboy
My post wasn't specifically addressed to you either. I just wanted to join the general discussion. FWIW I would hate to get text messages while I am driving .
You don't have to link a mobile phone to your car and can either turn it off before starting the car or even transport it in the trunk (also turned off) so it's impossible to use while driving.