E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

H&R springs and 20 MM spacer installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350
QUOTE: Lol, thanks! I'm not sure it will look right but we will see. I really do think I have an addiction to modding cars I just can't leave them alone. My wife hates it. Which I can't blame her because I have wasted TONS of money over the last 5 years. Enough to probably pay cash for my E350

I agree Big 50! I too have the same addiction and my wife seems to tolerate it to a point. I am 65, fully retired after two careers, (USAF and State of Alabama). My main addiction still remains CHROME! When most guys are taking it off, I am putting it on. I traded an '06 H3 with 20,000 miles and over $24,000 in mods and accessories ( alot of chrome and lights) for my E350. Of course, I lost over $24 grand on the trade, but I love my "E." I also have an '03 Vette with more in chrome and accessories than the car is worth. It is kind of a show car, never driven in the rain. I have already changed the grill, the hood badge, added chrome behind the door handles and on the "B" pillars, added chrome AMG wheels, pin stripe, AMG pedals and window tint on the "E." I have only had the car three months. I am now considering chrome trim for the tail lights and would like to put chrome over the rear valance if it were available. My E is Capri blue metallic and I hate that black valance. Anyway, just wanted to post enough to let you know you are not the "Lone Ranger," when it comes to mod addictions. I am always open for ideas from another individual with the "mod addiction." Let me know if you get any good ideas.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Originally Posted by CorvetteOJ
QUOTE: Lol, thanks! I'm not sure it will look right but we will see. I really do think I have an addiction to modding cars I just can't leave them alone. My wife hates it. Which I can't blame her because I have wasted TONS of money over the last 5 years. Enough to probably pay cash for my E350

I agree Big 50! I too have the same addiction and my wife seems to tolerate it to a point. I am 65, fully retired after two careers, (USAF and State of Alabama). My main addiction still remains CHROME! When most guys are taking it off, I am putting it on. I traded an '06 H3 with 20,000 miles and over $24,000 in mods and accessories ( alot of chrome and lights) for my E350. Of course, I lost over $24 grand on the trade, but I love my "E." I also have an '03 Vette with more in chrome and accessories than the car is worth. It is kind of a show car, never driven in the rain. I have already changed the grill, the hood badge, added chrome behind the door handles and on the "B" pillars, added chrome AMG wheels, pin stripe, AMG pedals and window tint on the "E." I have only had the car three months. I am now considering chrome trim for the tail lights and would like to put chrome over the rear valance if it were available. My E is Capri blue metallic and I hate that black valance. Anyway, just wanted to post enough to let you know you are not the "Lone Ranger," when it comes to mod addictions. I am always open for ideas from another individual with the "mod addiction." Let me know if you get any good ideas.
Lol, yes it does sound like you have a similar addiction as I. I wish I could turn it off but there doesn't seem to be a way. I'm hoping the birth of my first kid in a couple weeks will help stem my obsession.