E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

B-service, and wood trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
B-service, and wood trim

So I bring the car to the dealer today, Saturday, so that the b- service can be completed on Monday and I can pick up my loaner. The service department does not work on the w/e. As I am walking to the loaner the service manager drives up to me in my car and asks if he can keep the car an extra day.

He wants an extra day so he can replace all of the wood trim in the car. He does not like the way the wood has faded. He explains that he has seen this on several of the E sedans and would like to replace the trim but it would take an extr day to get the replacement parts.

I have read in this forum about this problem and had intended to bring it up to the dealer but they beat me to it. I am not sure if it is allowed, but I want to call out Bob King MB in Wilmington, NC as a dealer that really cares about their customers. At least from my perspective. These guys have gone above and beyond for customer service.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
good news, I stopped by there one day to check things out once, but they were closed....small place, but in a giant auto-mall.....
thanx for sharing, hope it works out
Old 01-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
Good for you. There still are good dealers like the one! I am glad for you.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts
600 SWB
Wow. That is attention to detail! When I picked up my CLS they noticed a slight nick in the wood steering wheel and had it replaced. And I thought they were just trying to charge Mercedes for a new wheel. Having a similar problem with my Cayenne wheel and Porsche is replacing it on Monday.

Last edited by dbtk; 01-21-2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Wow, nice to see some Dealers that CARE. Not to mention, they get paid off of this too (increased revenue, honest service: The way a business should be run).
Old 01-21-2012, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
that should be the way to do business. something minor like that will definitely make a "normal" customer to be their long time loyal one. always good to hear something nice coming off from the mouths of customers after service at dealers.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
Lol all the dealers I go to are driven by profits, like Mercedes of Beverly Hills, Keyes (which basically only sells AMG's and has more S classes than any other models not to mention the cars are fully loaded w/ Designo, etc), and Mercedes of Encino, which has the most exorbitant prices for any service known to man. These dealers are run by money mongers that know everyone who brings in their cars for service can afford to fix whatever they messed up...L.A. Dealers can suck it....

Just YESTERDAY, I had my tire replaced. I took before pictures and the wheel came back scratched. I told them they had to fix the hairline scratches and called me OCD and told me goodbye after charging $402 for one tire and mounting. Not to mention, the technician, when he was putting the spare tire back into the trunk, hit the ledge (the flat, thin load sill) after hitting the bumper like 5 times...now I have micro marring EVERYWHERE on my BLACK REAR BUMPER that has super thin paint because the dealer told me when the car was new that they buffed out the waterspots the car came to the most they could until they burned through the clear coat which also instilled millions of fine swirls...NOW I CAN'T EVEN GET THESE SCRATCHES OUT WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF GOING THROUGH THE CLEAR! all they said was, "You should see some of the lease returns we have. Don't worry about the tire scratches on your bumper, you won't get charged..." **** YOU STEALERSHIPS! Sorry, I just wanted to rant...
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Audi S4 MT6
Well that explains a lot. When we turned in our lemon 2011 and picked up the 2012, we noticed that the trim looked noticeably darker. Maybe I'll throw a piece of electrical tape on one of the rear trim pieces to keep track of the fading.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by amaycg
Lol all the dealers I go to are driven by profits, like Mercedes of Beverly Hills, Keyes (which basically only sells AMG's and has more S classes than any other models not to mention the cars are fully loaded w/ Designo, etc), and Mercedes of Encino, which has the most exorbitant prices for any service known to man. These dealers are run by money mongers that know everyone who brings in their cars for service can afford to fix whatever they messed up...L.A. Dealers can suck it....

Just YESTERDAY, I had my tire replaced. I took before pictures and the wheel came back scratched. I told them they had to fix the hairline scratches and called me OCD and told me goodbye after charging $402 for one tire and mounting. Not to mention, the technician, when he was putting the spare tire back into the trunk, hit the ledge (the flat, thin load sill) after hitting the bumper like 5 times...now I have micro marring EVERYWHERE on my BLACK REAR BUMPER that has super thin paint because the dealer told me when the car was new that they buffed out the waterspots the car came to the most they could until they burned through the clear coat which also instilled millions of fine swirls...NOW I CAN'T EVEN GET THESE SCRATCHES OUT WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF GOING THROUGH THE CLEAR! all they said was, "You should see some of the lease returns we have. Don't worry about the tire scratches on your bumper, you won't get charged..." **** YOU STEALERSHIPS! Sorry, I just wanted to rant...
do you have another dealer you can go to? tell them what happened at dealer a and dealer b will treat you better normally simply because they want your business from this point and on. the biggest "punishment" from you is not buying anything from dealer a again.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
do you have another dealer you can go to? tell them what happened at dealer a and dealer b will treat you better normally simply because they want your business from this point and on. the biggest "punishment" from you is not buying anything from dealer a again.
I agree find a new dealer. One that treats you well. But you will be hard pressed to find one that isn't motivated by profit. In fact I think you would be hard pressed to find any business that isn't motivated by profit. I am sure that the only reason my dealer treated me well is so that would come back to them and spend money that they can make a profit on.