E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Lemon Laws in Cali

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E350, 2010 GMC 2500HD
Lemon Laws in Cali

Can someone who understand this process or has gone through this process before help me understand how it works?

I have a 2010 W212 E350 that I purchased Nov 2009 and the vehicle has around 37K miles. Since then I have had most electronic assist in the vehcile (blind spot, ABS, Distrionic, Lane keep, ESC, etc) go out completely three times and blind spot assist a forth time. I want to sell the vehicle back regards of whether it does or doesnt qualify for the lemon laws because if I've had these many problems in warrenty, I'd have a hard time justifying the costs out of warrenty.

Thanks for any of your input
Old 02-02-2012, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e350
I had mine return back after 8 months and they will pay you all the money you paid up to that point and pay for lemon lawyers fee as well. Lemon lawyers won't charge you anything. My business partner had his return after 2 1/2 year and is on his 2nd lemon case on another car after almost 3 years driving. Just google for a lemon lawyer. If not, pm me and I can find out which one my partner uses.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:43 AM

Thanks Ninjaboym5 PM sent
Old 02-02-2012, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts
2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
I know how you feel; I'm considering the lemon laws for my GL350, which has had so many problems with squeaks, rattles, glass, COMAND, interior materials, and wind noise that I don't even enjoy the car any more. Everytime the car goes back in to get a noise fixed, something else becomes broken. It is so bad that there is visible felt everywhere and MBUSA has done nothing to rectify it, aka replace the parts rather than just tape felt everywhere. They are not replacing my steering wheel, which is bubbling (the car has only 49K miles), or my driver's seat, which has really weird MB-Tex. MBUSA needs to take responsibility since this car has always been serviced, and is babied. Worst of all, my brakes are pumping constantly whenever depressed and the dealer REFUSES to look at them since there are no error messages. I have a feeling that the ABS is failing or there are warped rotors, but the dealer even REFUSES to admit that the brakes are bad. They said the brakes SHOULD PULSE when on a hill because that means the hill start assist is charging up. Let me tell you people, I can hear the brakes vibrate/pulse under my foot. Everytime it pulses, the GL feels like the brakes will stop working and the vehicle will go backwards on an incline... It's been serviced over 20 times for stuff like this in the past 2 years

Oh, and my S class always gets a red message in the IC: Park Assist Unavailable
I've taken it to the dealer 7 times during the new warranty period and each repair they have done has not resolved the issue... Lemon Law if the GL doesn't work out?

Last edited by newyorktoLA; 02-02-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Angry

Well to get back on topic...

I had my previous car lemon'd and MB essentially bought my car back from me. I had a CPO w211 and I was paid back for all of the payment that I had made to MB. They did not reimburse me for all of the service visits nor did they reimburse me for the money spent to mod the car... Ie. Tint and satellite radio and all my other visual mods...

Pretty much you need to have records of going to MB service for the same problem 3 times. If you still have the same problem after the 3rd visit... You can lemon your car. Now I think the problem has to be a substantial problem. Not like um my ashtray doesn't close or something like that...

Once you have records of the 3 service visits for the same problem and it is still not fixed, contact the attorney.

I went thru a website lemon law attorney. Someone my brother introduced me to as he had lemon'd a new BMW a while ago. Think it was lemonlaw.com. If it isnt and u still need the contact info... Pm me.

Takes about a month or two from start to finish.

Main thing is you need good records. All your service reports that clearly show on the receipt the same problem when taking the car in to service and service report of what they tried to do to rectify the problem when getting the car back.

Another thing is if you have in any way modded your car, you will need to return the car to original condition... Ie stock wheels, removing tints, and whatnot.

Good luck.

Last edited by EmE247; 02-02-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
There is a section in the Operator's Manual specifically for people who got M-B's in California. Should be near the very front.
Apparently CA has the most owner favorable lemon law in US.
BTW, the attorney is not "free." While his fees may be paid by M-B, will they reduce what you receive? Will he agree to accept what M-B pays him?
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM

2012 e350
Lawyer fees paid by manufacturer. Not deducted from your proceed. You get everything back.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Maybe

Originally Posted by Ninjaboym5
Lawyer fees paid by manufacturer. Not deducted from your proceed. You get everything back.
I know someone in CA who recently went through LL process and when they reached a settlement, he had to pay the attorney some because manufacturer would only pay so much for attorney fees.
However, this was a settlement made right before they went to court.
BTW, it took more than a couple of months.
Just make sure you have a clear understanding between you and the attorney as to what his/her fees will be and what happens if M-B pays less or court adjudicates for less.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by El Cid
I know someone in CA who recently went through LL process and when they reached a settlement, he had to pay the attorney some because manufacturer would only pay so much for attorney fees.
However, this was a settlement made right before they went to court.
BTW, it took more than a couple of months.
Just make sure you have a clear understanding between you and the attorney as to what his/her fees will be and what happens if M-B pays less or court adjudicates for less.
Ya you pretty much have to find a good attorney. Just like everything in life, there are those that can do a job in 2 months and those that take 3 months+ to do the same job...

Also the attorney should receive their settlement that should not affect the amount you receive. I received all of my total monthly payments. The attorney received their separate fee from MB that did not touch my total. Again like everything in life, there are those that can do the job and get you what you deserve and those that take extra $$$ to do the same job...
Old 02-07-2012, 02:53 PM

Thanks everyone for the input, its really hard doing research about the topic all the way from Afghanistan and my wife is already really busy handling everything else. I'm gonna give it a shot if I try this out but it doesnt work out do I end up owing the lawer anything?
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 AM

2012 e350
Ask the firm up front, as for all our cases, they don't charge anything and they won't even take your case if they won't sure if they can claim it.