E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

How much off MSRP '12 E350??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 M3
How much off MSRP '12 E350??

Hey everyone, I'm actively looking for a 2012 sport Blk on blk with black ash trim. We would like the P2 option along with the R08 AMG wheel package and split folding rear seat and the sport steering wheel. My salesperson was only able to find 6 in the US with these options.
The listed price...
E350.................50490
P2 pkg................6450
R08 wheel pgk.......760
Folding rear seat....440
Subtotal............58140
Destination/ delivery......870
Total..................59015
The dealership will knock off $4000 max because I currently own a BMW so the BEST price is $55,015 + tax, tags,title fees.

I feel like this is an average deal, what do you guys think? Any advice is recommended and appreciate it! Also if anyone know which dealership offers a better deal, please do share

BTW I am located in Williamsburg, VA so buying a car in CA is highly unlikely hehehe

Last edited by MDiau; 03-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
It's not a good deal at all. The dealer is actually only knocking off $2,000. The other $2,000 reduction is directly from MB. It is what they call Conquest Cash since you own a BMW or other competing vehicle. The CC has no impact on the dealer's profit.

Invoice on MB's is 7% off MSRP. You should be able to get a price from the dealer near invoice and then apply the CC to reduce the price by another $2,000.

Regards,
Don
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 PM

09 M3
Originally Posted by dfordham
It's not a good deal at all. The dealer is actually only knocking off $2,000. The other $2,000 reduction is directly from MB. It is what they call Conquest Cash since you own a BMW or other competing vehicle. The CC has no impact on the dealer's profit.

Invoice on MB's is 7% off MSRP. You should be able to get a price from the dealer near invoice and then apply the CC to reduce the price by another $2,000.

Regards,
Don
Thanks Don but how likely are the dealers willing to sell @ 7% off MSRP and apply the additional $2000 on the 2012? Maybe I should mass email all the nearby dealerships with this request and see how many would actually respond back?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 PM

2012 Mercedes E350 RWD, 1999 Olds Alero
As a reference my 12 E350 listed at $56,500 and I paid 49,000 back in Oct. I just checked truecar and they come up with $53k plus. This is my first benz and the only discount was the military discount. The car had about 10 miles on it.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
There are other discounts you'll hear about, but you likely don't qualify for them...USAA; Mercedes Club of America; Mercedes Finance past customer; some supplier company discounts.

I would shoot for no more than $500 over invoice less the $2000....so $1500 under invoice.

Check out zag.com (amex option) as a guideline....
Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 W212 E350 4M
Originally Posted by MDiau
Hey everyone, I'm actively looking for a 2012 sport Blk on blk with black ash trim. We would like the P2 option along with the R08 AMG wheel package and split folding rear seat and the sport steering wheel. My salesperson was only able to find 6 in the US with these options.
The listed price...
E350.................50490
P2 pkg................6450
R08 wheel pgk.......760
Folding rear seat....440
Subtotal............58140
Destination/ delivery......870
Total..................59015
The dealership will knock off $4000 max because I currently own a BMW so the BEST price is $55,015 + tax, tags,title fees.

I feel like this is an average deal, what do you guys think? Any advice is recommended and appreciate it! Also if anyone know which dealership offers a better deal, please do share

BTW I am located in Williamsburg, VA so buying a car in CA is highly unlikely hehehe
I bought my car early in 2010 without any rebates, conquest cash, or enhancements. There were none available at the time. My discount was 9.27%. You should get over 7% plus the $2k conquest cash. BTW the car came from another dealership, I found it on the internet.

7% is the markup to so called "dealers cost". However there is approximately 3% "holdback" that is included in that cost that is dealer profit.

My advice, you know the vehicle exists. Hopefully you have located at a nearby dealership. You have no reason to walk into a showroom. Start emailing or calling the internet manager at dealerships to negotiate a price. When you are physically in a dealership they always bank on swaying you. When you shop at arms length the only way they can get you in the door is by dealing. When you deal with a manager he is not concerned with a salesman's commission. He is concerned with moving cars. When you get off the phone the opportunity to sell is lost. Some will not give prices on an email but will over the phone. When you buy he assigns a salesman to handle the transaction. That salesman gets credit for selling the car as "mini deal" with a flat rate commission.

In one purchase I asked for the internet salesman. I didn't like the price so I thanked him and made the next call to the sales manager, got a price and then I told him which salesman I spoke to as it would be his sale. That salesman wondered why he gave me such a good deal. Simple the manager wanted to move a car that was in inventory for a few months.

Most dealers "floor plan" cars. They do not own them. After 30 days they start paying interest to the manufacturer. Longer they own them, more it costs them.

Checkout Truecar.com. Find out what others have paid in your zip code for that vehicle.

You do have to pay shipping which is flat rated by the vehicle. Same price anywhere in the USA.

If the dealer has to get the car from a long distance it might cost you extra.

Sales tax in your state, county etc is a given. However before you promise to buy find out what the so called "documentary fee" is. Some dealers charge exorbitant amounts to pad the profit. My state the fee is regulated by state law.

Now find a dealer you would like to buy from, proximity, good reputation etc.
I prefer a family owned store, not a conglomerate that owns dozens of stores selling everything from Maxwells to Vauxhalls. It's always nice to be able to address your concerns to the man whose name appears over the door. That just makes it better. Free car washes are great if the dealer is close to home or work.

Good luck. You are now obligated to let us know of your success.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 W212 E350 4M
$55015 is only a 4% discount with the 2K conquest cash. Offer $51,500, buy for $52,000 or so plus tax, title and license.

Remember there are only a half dozen in the USA, but if they were that desirable they would be sold. It may simply be a configuration that dealers do not order. This is not a limited production vehicle.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
Thanks Don but how likely are the dealers willing to sell @ 7% off MSRP and apply the additional $2000 on the 2012? Maybe I should mass email all the nearby dealerships with this request and see how many would actually respond back?
Don't even reveal that you own a car that qualifies for Conquest Cash until you have made your best deal with the dealer. The CC discount is absorbed by MB, not the dealer, so it doesn't affect his profit at all.

Regards,
Don
Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 AM

09 M3
Great advice on this board and we appreciate everyone's feedback and knowledge. I will definitely share with you guys the final outcome. We are looking to buy before the end of April since our newborn is due end of May and would like to have all the car seat accessories installed by then.

I plan to email the surrounding dealers and a visit with my Honda fit
Old 03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Great advice on this board and we appreciate everyone's feedback and knowledge. I will definitely share with you guys the final outcome. We are looking to buy before the end of April since our newborn is due end of May and would like to have all the car seat accessories installed by then.
Usually MB runs 2 sales events per year - summer and winter sales event. Summer event starts on May 1 and ends on June 30th and this is one of the best times to buy a car. You may try to delay your purchase till May if you will not find a good deal.

Good Luck.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM

09 M3
That's good to know, thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550

i don't know if it's true or not but i guess it's better for you to go to dealers with your bmw. first thing salespeople usually look at is what you arrive with. if you go to bmw with a mercedes, they'll try harder to get your business. if you go to toyota with a honda, same as above. but if you go to mercedes with a honda, they might think another "browser" trying to kill time. it sounds horrible but the reality is always cruel. good luck and hope to hear some good news from you soon .