E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

girlfriend problems..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350
girlfriend problems..........

Now that i have your attention, HI everybody! on friday my girlfriend got her driving permit, (oh god why,JK xD) anyway i promised her the day she got her permit we would go out and i would let her drive my car. so everything is going as planned, i told her that i would switch with her after we got something to eat. so we stopped at little ceaser's, got some pizza and ate. after we got done eating we switched. so i tell her to back up and for some damn odd reason she puts it in drive and drives over the parking stop things.( it was only4-5 inches high)only the left wheel went over at about one mile an hour, so as soon as i feel that i shouted stop, and we stopped, so i tell her to back up slowly and she did. so then i get out and check, and nothing seems to be out of place, the wheel doesnt seem cracked, and under the front bumper seems fine too. i also drove it on the freeway, and it seems fine too no pulling or anthing that. but since im not a mechanic i dont know what could have happend, but since you guys are experts i need your guys'es opinion about this. could this have done any damage at all? and my other question to you guys is, do you have any annoying *** rattles? i have this damn annoying rattle in the dash area in the middle,and this really annoying rattle coming from the back, the one from the back is really prodominent, sounds like metal is bouncing around or something like that. thanks for the help agian guys!, you dont know how many times you guys have helped me time and time agian!

Last edited by thenewbie; 07-08-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 PM

C63, 335i
I would just get the alignment and suspension checked out. Doesn't sound too major.

Yes I also have the annoying rattle sound in my car although I think it's primarily from the center console for me and only when the road isn't smooth.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:01 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by SM-AMG
I would just get the alignment and suspension checked out. Doesn't sound too major.

Yes I also have the annoying rattle sound in my car although I think it's primarily from the center console for me and only when the road isn't smooth.
Huh i also only get the rattle on non smooth roads but its driving me right about insane. Now how to tell the service advisor about this........ Lmao!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:50 PM

W212, W204, W222, C219
just see if your car pulls when driving straight...if it does then get a alignment.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350 Coupe
As for your rear rattle, check first that everything is secure in the trunk.

Then check in the spare tire compartment (lift the trunk floor board) and screw everything down tightly. Make sure nothing is lying loose in that compartment.

My one and only new car rattle was solved by doing this. When I first checked it, everything seemed to be tight, but in desperation I tightened everything even more. Happily, no more rattle.

Hope it works for you.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
next time, you should let your gf rtfm before touches your ride . seriously, most of the people can't get used to the shifter at the very first time, let alone a first time car driver. just teach her every single thing in your car patiently. i don't want you come back and make another thread titled "don't touch me if you don't let me touch her!" . as for your car, i don't think you need to worry a bit if everything seems ok so far. rattling noises are fairly common in this car for whatever reason. some members did an amazing job themselves to resolve the issue but if you are not a "diyer", just head straight to your dealer and ride along w/either a tech or the service advisor over some bumpy roads.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:12 PM

2011 E350
[QUOTE=illmike;5273140]just see if your car pulls when driving straight...if it does then get a alignment.[/QUOTE/] it does drive straight, but it does have some weird noises.

Trending Topics

Old 07-08-2012, 06:13 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by BenzMan369
As for your rear rattle, check first that everything is secure in the trunk.

Then check in the spare tire compartment (lift the trunk floor board) and screw everything down tightly. Make sure nothing is lying loose in that compartment.

My one and only new car rattle was solved by doing this. When I first checked it, everything seemed to be tight, but in desperation I tightened everything even more. Happily, no more rattle.

Hope it works for you.

Im going to try that today! Thanks for the input!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:24 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
next time, you should let your gf rtfm before touches your ride . seriously, most of the people can't get used to the shifter at the very first time, let alone a first time car driver. just teach her every single thing in your car patiently. i don't want you come back and make another thread titled "don't touch me if you don't let me touch her!" . as for your car, i don't think you need to worry a bit if everything seems ok so far. rattling noises are fairly common in this car for whatever reason. some members did an amazing job themselves to resolve the issue but if you are not a "diyer", just head straight to your dealer and ride along w/either a tech or the service advisor over some bumpy roads.
LMFAO!! I was kinda expecting she was ready because its going to almost a year since we have together and i allways gave her a ride to and from school, so i was thinking she was paying attention but i guess not, and when i saw "don't touch me if you don't let me touch her!" i couldent stop laughing for 5 minutes straight, i think i have a six pack now! LMAO!! And i have taken a ride with service advisers and they all say the same thing: " its regular noise with a w212" so they refuse to do anything about it.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by thenewbie
LMFAO!! I was kinda expecting she was ready because its going to almost a year since we have together and i allways gave her a ride to and from school, so i was thinking she was paying attention but i guess not, and when i saw "don't touch me if you don't let me touch her!" i couldent stop laughing for 5 minutes straight, i think i have a six pack now! LMAO!! And i have taken a ride with service advisers and they all say the same thing: " its regular noise with a w212" so they refuse to do anything about it.
buddy, most of the ladies could care less anything machine related. best they can kind of operate is their cell phones simply because they can't survive w/o texting or gossiping in 30 seconds . btw, you are expecting her to pay attention while you are driving ? she is paying too much attention to her buddies or anyone on campus. too many people are looking and jealous about her being ride in a w212. that's totally your fault .

as for the noise, go back to the dealer and test drive a new or even a cpo w212. see if you could hear the same noise. if so, it is "normaler" than normal. no, i'm j/k . tell them most of your friends (well, your fellow members here) who have a w212 don't have these noises. just tell them to solve the damn problem.

six packs, huh? who needs tae bo when you have a forum like this ?
Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350 4M (Iridium Silver), 2010 E350 Coupe (Iridium Silver)
Lol you're so lucky.

If it's not pulling and there is no thumpthumpthump vibrations at highway speeds the rim and suspension should be fine!

Listen carefully over the next few days for any strange noises.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
For the middle dash area try pinching together the top part of your dash. His rattled for me, and just pressing the top or the bottom did not work. I needed to pinch. Got it fixed, and now my car is 100% rattle free again.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 884 Likes on 634 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Now that i have your attention, HI everybody! on friday my girlfriend got her driving permit, (oh god why,JK xD) anyway i promised her the day she got her permit we would go out and i would let her drive my car. so everything is going as planned, i told her that i would switch with her after we got something to eat. so we stopped at little ceaser's, got some pizza and ate. after we got done eating we switched. so i tell her to back up and for some damn odd reason she puts it in drive and drives over the parking stop things.( it was only4-5 inches high)only the left wheel went over at about one mile an hour, so as soon as i feel that i shouted stop, and we stopped, so i tell her to back up slowly and she did. so then i get out and check, and nothing seems to be out of place, the wheel doesnt seem cracked, and under the front bumper seems fine too. i also drove it on the freeway, and it seems fine too no pulling or anthing that. but since im not a mechanic i dont know what could have happend, but since you guys are experts i need your guys'es opinion about this. could this have done any damage at all? and my other question to you guys is, do you have any annoying *** rattles? i have this damn annoying rattle in the dash area in the middle,and this really annoying rattle coming from the back, the one from the back is really prodominent, sounds like metal is bouncing around or something like that. thanks for the help agian guys!, you dont know how many times you guys have helped me time and time agian!

You ddi not do any damage to your car if the concrete "stopper" did not hit the bottom of your car.

I drove over a metal bar or something like that on an interstate at 70 MPH. Front wheel went ower it fine but the rear wheel experiences a 1/2" cut in the rim. No vibrations or any other than the cosmetic problem with that rear rim.

Going ower a "stopper" like you explain is no issue at all, other than said possible bottom contact.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:25 PM

CLK550
I just had a rattle coming from the rear and discovered I have a broken spring.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
new car or new girlfriend. go with whatever that will cost you less
Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
tell her practice on her parent's car...not yours.

also, rattles are normal on bad roads.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 610 Likes on 460 Posts
W212 FL
I was looking forward to seeing your input as well . You did a good advice and yet delivered very hilarious post to read

buddy, most of the ladies could care less anything machine related. best they can kind of operate is their cell phones simply because they can't survive w/o texting or gossiping in 30 seconds . btw, you are expecting her to pay attention while you are driving ? she is paying too much attention to her buddies or anyone on campus. too many people are looking and jealous about her being ride in a w212. that's totally your fault .

as for the noise, go back to the dealer and test drive a new or even a cpo w212. see if you could hear the same noise. if so, it is "normaler" than normal. no, i'm j/k . tell them most of your friends (well, your fellow members here) who have a w212 don't have these noises. just tell them to solve the damn problem.

You have good points and plus I see no point of hitting the toilet altogether .Why all the girls do this lol
Another thing, we are lucky to have such a friend in here , who needs talk shows

Originally Posted by PHML

A very valid point but Don't touch me me if you don't let me touch her thing could happen here
In other words, your car is worth more than me

For OP, I wish you have many happy driving and no more drama
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Now that i have your attention, HI everybody! on friday my girlfriend got her driving permit,
Curious - how old are you that you have a girlfriend that just got her driving permit? Is this your car or your parents?

for some damn odd reason she puts it in drive and drives over the parking stop things.( it was only4-5 inches high)only the left wheel went over at about one mile an hour, so as soon as i feel that i shouted stop, and we stopped, so i tell her to back up slowly and she did.
More curious - how did she drive over the concrete barrier without destroying the front spoiler - it only has approx. 5" of clearance. Consider yourself lucky.

Last edited by BenzE350; 07-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM

2011 E350

haha your right, now that i think about it everytime she would get in the car in the morning, she would allways have some type of gossip ready to share, but i really dident seem to pay attention too. and you think only a couple of students were jealous? the whole school seem to be jealous and even the teachers were hating on me! can you believe that?! ROLFMAO, i remember my P.E teacher called me a ignorant ***** for driving what im driving. and the noise thing, i did as you said and asked if i could test drive one of thier cpo'd w212's and no noise on both ends, so then the adviser finally agreed to take a look at whats wrong. finally!!!!!!!!! now hopefully they can fix both noises, but i bet you they are going to come back with some lame excuse.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:45 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by dcjwlee
Lol you're so lucky.

If it's not pulling and there is no thumpthumpthump vibrations at highway speeds the rim and suspension should be fine!

Listen carefully over the next few days for any strange noises.
i did not hear any strange noises, but just to be on the safe side i took it in. Appreciate the input!!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:48 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by ttoE550
For the middle dash area try pinching together the top part of your dash. His rattled for me, and just pressing the top or the bottom did not work. I needed to pinch. Got it fixed, and now my car is 100% rattle free again.
The top part of my dash? Could you reiterate?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by whtclk
I just had a rattle coming from the rear and discovered I have a broken spring.
What spring was it?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by instantfob
new car or new girlfriend. go with whatever that will cost you less
LMFAO! Both ways im F***ed
Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by PHML

I was kinda actually my fault for letting her drive the first time in a busy environment, i should have showed her on a empty lot or something. Im sure rattles are normal on bad roads but you should hear the ones im having, they will drive any one sitting right in the car right about insane!! Thanks for the input!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by BenzV12
I was looking forward to seeing your input as well . You did a good advice and yet delivered very hilarious post to read

You have good points and plus I see no point of hitting the toilet altogether .Why all the girls do this lol
Another thing, we are lucky to have such a friend in here , who needs talk shows

A very valid point but Don't touch me me if you don't let me touch her thing could happen here
In other words, your car is worth more than me

For OP, I wish you have many happy driving and no more drama
I really hope for no drama too, but you know women, their middle name is drama!!! LMAO! Thanks for the input!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: girlfriend problems..........