E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

6K miles on 2011 e550 4matic. Brakes pulsing already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Originally Posted by thekurgan
I agree, the runout measured are the raised deposits in most cases. The iron would have to become glowing hot to deform, I just don't see that as the case. Nobody here has abused their brakes either. There is something about the pad material and the rotors on these cars; if they heat up very quickly, and you've left your foot on the pedal (which is what you're supposed to do in an automatic anyway), the material transfers rapidly. I've heard new pads and a re-bed can scrub away the deposits, which is what I'll try before having an indie replace the parts again.

Good idea, my shop is in Rancho Cordova if you want to swing it by when it's pulsating. You may be able to re-bed to get rid of it without spending any money.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 895 Likes on 644 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by norcal_cyclist
Maximum braking efficiency on a modern car is a function of tire adhesion. Even the smallest brakes will activate the ABS system. Brake systems that are undersized will heat more quickly and will have a higher tendency to warp.

Hot brakes fade more quickly and will warp rotors... but what do I know.

There goes the race driver again.

To warp the rotors you either need to have them made with very high heat stresses from manufacturing that release from very mild temperature from an every day driver or you need to have them glowing red from excessive braking that happens only on race cars. Your pick.

More often the rotors are not warped but unevenly worn around making thickness differences around the rotor. This is material defect and absolutely nothing else.

Build-up on rotor surface for sure can cause pulsation and for that they actually make cleaner pads but putting on just any ceramic pads will take care of this.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by Arrie
There goes the race driver again.

To warp the rotors you either need to have them made with very high heat stresses from manufacturing that release from very mild temperature from an every day driver or you need to have them glowing red from excessive braking that happens only on race cars. Your pick.

More often the rotors are not warped but unevenly worn around making thickness differences around the rotor. This is material defect and absolutely nothing else.

Build-up on rotor surface for sure can cause pulsation and for that they actually make cleaner pads but putting on just any ceramic pads will take care of this.

Seriously you are a fool.... I do this EVERYDAY and I do it well. Don't try to second guess me because all you'll ever end up is WRONG.

I guess you enjoy being incorrect and made a fool of in public, however I must add you to my ignore list as your posts only prove what I already am well aware of.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 BT
Good idea, my shop is in Rancho Cordova if you want to swing it by when it's pulsating. You may be able to re-bed to get rid of it without spending any money.
Appreciated, you'll have a PM in about a few thousand miles, sir.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Seriously you are a fool....I guess you enjoy being incorrect and made a fool of in public.
Feel free to have and state a different opinion all you wish, but please stop the name-calling. This is inappropriate behavior and only serves to question one's own credibility if one must resort to calling other members insulting names. Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:00 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Feel free to have and state a different opinion all you wish, but please stop the name-calling. This is inappropriate behavior and only serves to question one's own credibility if one must resort to calling other members insulting names. Thank you for your cooperation.
My apologies to the forum - however I do not like the feeling of being stalked and having all my posts incorrectly attacked... but to be fair it has been going both ways.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
My apologies to the forum - however I do not like the feeling of being stalked and having all my posts incorrectly attacked... but to be fair it has been going both ways.
Thank you for your kind understanding and support. I am as neutral as they come, and will respond to anyone who subjects you to name-calling as well. To help the few of us moderators who cannot always read everything, please use the Report Post option (red stop sign with ! ) to bring it to our attention. Thanks!