Front Middle two light replacement?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by kalt
The 2012 models use leds for the license plates and they look better that the super bright aftermarket housings i have seen around the forum. From your pictures it looks like the factory housing only uses 1 led as compared to the 18+ in aftermarket housing. Personally i would keep the factory leds instead of having a second pair of headlights on the rear of my vehicle. I also gave up trying to remove the city lights on my 2011 with p2, i felt like i would break the entire housing before i made any progress.
i didn't know 2012 models are using leds for license plate. if that's the case, i agree with you. alanme123, stick with the stock ones. my led bulbs are fairly dim and i like it that way so that no one, especially cops, can see it from miles away .
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
Originally Posted by kalt
The 2012 models use leds for the license plates and they look better that the super bright aftermarket housings i have seen around the forum. From your pictures it looks like the factory housing only uses 1 led as compared to the 18+ in aftermarket housing. Personally i would keep the factory leds instead of having a second pair of headlights on the rear of my vehicle. I also gave up trying to remove the city lights on my 2011 with p2, i felt like i would break the entire housing before i made any progress.
I don't know if it's sad or funny because when I took the license lights out, I saw that the were LEDs too. I also noticed that it was white rather than yellow after I put it back in. So yea i'm not going to change that anymore because I actually like the look of it.. I was looking at pics of cars before 2012 and saw that they were yellow.. well at least now I know
Old 10-22-2012, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by alanme123
I don't know if it's sad or funny because when I took the license lights out, I saw that the were LEDs too. I also noticed that it was white rather than yellow after I put it back in. So yea i'm not going to change that anymore because I actually like the look of it.. I was looking at pics of cars before 2012 and saw that they were yellow.. well at least now I know
you didn't look at the bulbs before you yanked everything out ? i'm sorry but man, that's funny !
Old 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by alanme123
Here are some pictures of the inner city light when I twist open the cap. Instead of just the bulb holder, it is this giant plastic thing that I cant take off and circuit board with the wire. I tried to use tiny pliers to disconnect the wire by the white base but didn't work. I didn't want to pull too hard in case the wire breaks.

Apparently that is supposed to be the infrared sensor for night assist.. even though I don't have that option. Is it impossible for me to change the parking lights? Because I know for sure that it is in there.

Sry about my previous post as it was right after hours of work, I found out it wouldn't work.

were you ever able to figure this out bc I have the same issue right now
Old 03-09-2014, 12:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
Originally Posted by phreeeeek
were you ever able to figure this out bc I have the same issue right now
No, there is no way to change the inner city lights. You need to change the entire light housing for it. It is impossible to change the ones you have in your car now.