E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

How do I i cant Download contacts from my Samsung galaxy s3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
How do I i cant Download contacts from my Samsung galaxy s3?

I had no problem pairing my phone with the car Bluetooth but I cannot download my contacts. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 phone and 2013 e350.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Here are the steps:

delete the phone from comand (look in manual).

then

click settings on your phone and make your phone findable.
Ask Comand to find your phone.

Pair the phone

You've already done these steps, but you missed the very important next step.

Make sure the phone stays on (doesn't go to sleep) and watch the phone immediately after the phone and car a paired. A message will appear that the car wants to download from the phone. At the bottom of that message there is a box you can check to say "don't ask again"...click that box (this is important)...and then say OK/Yes on the phone.

Now the car can download your address book and in the future when it tries to download the address book, you won't get the pop up again....it will just do it because you said "don't ask again".

I know I haven't given you exact instructions, but hopefully this solves your problem which is very common with android phones.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
I'm curious how many phone numbers will be downloaded... Is it the first x-many number? What would happen if you have 1500 contacts? Anyone hit any upper limits?

Also if you change a certain number on your phone, will it be updated in the car? The other option is to somehow specify which numbers should be synced but I have not found any way to do that...
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
It takes all numbers you have. Friend of mine is a sales guy. He has around 3,500 numbers and here is no problem. MB gives also great search capabilities over phone book. Another advantage of MB it downloads contacts only once and then can update them, so even if you do not have phone the contacts are still available in MB.
My BMW did downloading contacts at every connection so even with my just 500 entries it took noticable time.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
I have Galaxy S3 and I had no problem downloading contacts on 2012 BlueTec.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by Raymond Lee
I have Galaxy S3 and I had no problem downloading contacts on 2012 BlueTec.
The bluetooth connection with my Samsung Droid Charge was a disaster until I followed the steps set out above by Ghstudio.You may have gotten lucky or perhaps your phone has a different version of the OS than mine.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 W212 E350 4M
Originally Posted by ghstudio
Here are the steps:

delete the phone from comand (look in manual).

then

click settings on your phone and make your phone findable.
Ask Comand to find your phone.

Pair the phone

You've already done these steps, but you missed the very important next step.

Make sure the phone stays on (doesn't go to sleep) and watch the phone immediately after the phone and car a paired. A message will appear that the car wants to download from the phone. At the bottom of that message there is a box you can check to say "don't ask again"...click that box (this is important)...and then say OK/Yes on the phone.

Now the car can download your address book and in the future when it tries to download the address book, you won't get the pop up again....it will just do it because you said "don't ask again".

I know I haven't given you exact instructions, but hopefully this solves your problem which is very common with android phones.
I recently had to change carriers and upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy 1500 to a 1535. I had the same problem I could not update the address book with the new phone. Follow the procedure listed by GHSTUDIO and the problem is solved. I did not delete and pair again, just waited with the phone on for it to pair after starting the car. The car will recognize the phone and say ready for bluetooth telephony first, a few seconds later the phone comes up with the download address book message. Be ready when the download and "don't ask again" bar come up on the phone. THANKS!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 A Class
s3 issue

Hi hope someone can help, every tiime i pair the phone the connection gets rejected... any ideas?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E350 BlueTec, 2011 VW Jetta TDI
When I drive a loaner from the dealer while my vehicle is in service, I do not agree to download my contacts after pairing my phone to the loaner vehicle.

I also edit the name of my M-B BlueTooth connection so that it's different from the generic name.
Then before I return the loaner vehicle I can delete the BT connection for the loaner vehicle on my cell phone without accidentally deleting the one for my own vehicle.