Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 BlueTec
Just bought Used 2011 E350 BlueTec

Hello All,

I just bought used 2011 E350 Bluetec.
This is first time driving Diesel.
I must say it is much different ride than gasoline.
Better mpg. But it has "Diesel" sound which I am not used to yet.

Two small questions,
1. My wipers make this rubber-glass friction-like sound when it's at the top(90 degrees to dashboard). Is this normal or should wipers make no sound at all?

2. It has PARKTONIC pkg and it only warns me with beep-sound when the front of the car gets close to obstacles but not when I back up. My old car used to warn me with beep sound when I back up and get close to something.

Thank you!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Congrats on your Bluetec.Being your first diesel it might take a while to realize this but diesels are amazing.I'm on my second one and I love them both.IMO they particularly shine on the Interstate at about 70-75 mph.They're real beasts,and I mean that in a good way!

As for your issues,I don't have the wiper problem and although I have Parktronic I never use it because I'm capable of parking without it...it's nothing but a nuicense to me.I do use the backup camera,however...handy little feature.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
w212 E550
Originally Posted by thejay
Hello All,

Two small questions,
1. My wipers make this rubber-glass friction-like sound when it's at the top(90 degrees to dashboard). Is this normal or should wipers make no sound at all?

2. It has PARKTONIC pkg and it only warns me with beep-sound when the front of the car gets close to obstacles but not when I back up. My old car used to warn me with beep sound when I back up and get close to something.

Thank you!
welcome aboard and congrats on the ride ! you can only hear the sound when the car goes fairly close and you can see the lights by the rear window go from amber to red and of course the backup camera, too. if you don't hear any sound, you better have your dealer check on it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Originally Posted by BM2BZ
welcome aboard and congrats on the ride ! you can only hear the sound when the car goes fairly close and you can see the lights by the rear window go from amber to red and of course the backup camera, too. if you don't hear any sound, you better have your dealer check on it.
+1. One way to check would be to put something near the rear bumper (a box, a trash can, etc.) and put he car into reverse with the brake on. You should hear the usual sound plus see the lights near he rear window. Of course do this while nothing is near the front of the car.

Congrats.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts
W212 FL
Congrats, I have read positive comments on the Bluetec engines as well
Happy driving
Sorry , this may sound stupid but make sure P button on the center console is not lit on , because this turns off the parking sensors . I have no idea whether this button turns off either front or rear or both
Old 12-06-2012, 03:14 PM

2011 E350 BlueTec
Thank you all for warm welcome!
I will definitely test if I can hear the sound.
It seems like the wiper is not working correctly I will take it to the shop.

Thanks you all again.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
The wipers seem to be sensitive to road grime/film. I had the same problem when I first leased my 2011 blutec...the dealer clayed the window and installed new blades and the sound went away. Occasionally since, I've heard it, but if there is a heavy rain the wipers rub whatever's causing the problem and all is well again for a while.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lexus LS 400, 2008 BMW 528i, 2014 e250 BlueTec
thejay
Drive a few months. Then you'll know how good BlueTec is. Take a long trip to find out about the car. Sounds like you bought P2 package. That is not easy to come by.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM

2012 E350 Bluetec
I got a new Bluetec about 9 mths ago and I must say I love it!

It is great filling up every two weeks!

And performance is WOW! Lots of power. This car looks good, drives great and is amazing on gas (especially on the highways).

The only complaint I have is the gas stations where the diesel pumps are dirty. Without fail the grip on the pumps always seems to have gas on it. Must all the industrial vehicles that also share the pumps. So I ended up buying a box of surgical gloves to fill up and also have to watch where I step. Oh well. And yes, maybe I am more fussy than most.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Wiper noise

Originally Posted by thejay
Hello All,

Two small questions,

Thank you!
Buy Rainex WINDSHIELD WASHER fluid. Use it to clean your windshield manually,use it in your washer bottle & clean your windshield with it after washing your car. Works for me.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Yep, there seems to be a lot of spills on the diesel pumps. If I get a chance to purchase a diesel 4MATIC in the future, I will definitely keep a box of nylon disposable gloves in the car for fill ups.