Fog lights on 2010 E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2022, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 Sport 4matic
2011 E550 fog lights.

Originally Posted by Arrie
In my post that you refer to is no one word to support your opinions about the DRLs and fog.

If you read it and understand the english language I used I wrote the post when I had owned the car for two weeks. Since then I have learned a lot and especially not from my very ignorant and glueless dealer at the time. They had no fu###ng idea how the lights work.

In Europe the fog lights function actually widens the light beams to sides but this is not the case in U.S. What does work is that the P2 Bi-Xenon lights will automatically go to low beam and to the shortest distance in 2011 models and later. And the DRLs go OFF to keep them from impairing the visibility in very dense fog.

You say you tested the lights in fog. Was it really a fog where you could see only 30 ft or even less. I'm talking about a fog that does not normally exist other than if you drive in the mountains when you are practically driving in clouds. Boston is in sea level.

People designing these cars make them for people living in mountains too as the Alps are just around the corner from Stuttgart. The people need to be able to drive these cars down or up the mountain roads in dark in extremely dense fog.

i’m cracking up with all the comments about these fog lights on Mercedes E class.
first off it doesn’t have fog lights, they are daytime running lights only. Which is stupid and a very poor design, if the daytime running lights were fog lights it would actually make since and illuminate the ground and be better to drive in the fog with than the headlights. I live in Florida and we get ground level fog all the time so whoever is quoting you have to be in the mountains obviously is clueless…

I’ve owned a lot of Mercedes Benz’s this one’s one of the dumbest when it comes to headlights and fog lights, why we have one left rear fog light is beyond me because that is a European feature only. And it’s illegal to use in the United States, it was designed for the auto bond when cars were flying up on you at 130 miles an hour they would see your left rear fog light in the rear of your vehicle.
as for my 2011 E550 Sport 4Matic. It does not have fog lights that I’m aware of and the headlights definitely move just from putting it in drive to park in my driveway the headlights move up and down on the garage door. They also move in cornering so that may be an additional feature I don’t know. But I’ve had this feature with other vehicles Cadillacs, Lexus etc. I know that they move. My car has performed package I and II. In my opinion putting daytime running lights down in the lower bumper in Lou of where fog lights should be was a poor design! I for one love and prefer bumper mounted fog lights for properly driving in heavy fog, as we get often in Florida particularly up in the panhandle going up and down the hills through Tallahassee..
I have an auto light guy in Tampa that’s going to rewire my Benz so that it actually will have fog lights where they belong (in the bumper) and operate off the switch properly. he’s done nine or 10 cars for me I’ve also removed Xeni on an HID lamps before and put in LED which are much brighter!!