E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Wood Trim, Command Center, etc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
Wood Trim, Command Center, etc

Thanks to this forum, my wood trim is being replaced. My dealership ordered it without thinking twice. I hadn't noticed it was faded until reading here. Also, had a small rip along a thread line (u can't even see it, really) on my driver side seat. Well, they ordered another cover for that---thought they would try to take some cheap route. Unfortunately, I did not get the upgrade to my command that included BT streaming. I complained about backup camera not working and BT phone not working all the time. They tested..and of course they were working fine and they looked at my software and said that I had the latest software for my car---so, no software update to make. Oh well....I was just trying---really didn't need BT streaming.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes E350 Luxury
Yes this forum is a wonderful source of information. Glad your car is being well taken care of by the dealer.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by rufmb
Yes this forum is a wonderful source of information. Glad your car is being well taken care of by the dealer.
My thoughts exactly, this is why these forums are for
Old 06-05-2013, 01:01 PM

2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by mrbrian.morris
Thanks to this forum, my wood trim is being replaced. My dealership ordered it without thinking twice. I hadn't noticed it was faded until reading here. Also, had a small rip along a thread line (u can't even see it, really) on my driver side seat. Well, they ordered another cover for that---thought they would try to take some cheap route. Unfortunately, I did not get the upgrade to my command that included BT streaming. I complained about backup camera not working and BT phone not working all the time. They tested..and of course they were working fine and they looked at my software and said that I had the latest software for my car---so, no software update to make. Oh well....I was just trying---really didn't need BT streaming.
You can always go into the Engineer Mode and turn on the BT streaming. Search in the forum and you will find instructions. I did it and it works great! I however went to the dealer since I needed some minor repairs and with persuasion I was able to have them to the update in the command. The cool features about it are the 3D Navigation map, the availability to see the temperature when changed in the screen as well as changing radio station. Another awesome thing that happened when they did the upgrade is that now I have 6 mo of free Sirius Satellite Radio.

I also asked for my Wood Trim to be replaced thanks to this forum. However dealer is saying part is back ordered and there is maybe a month wait for an ETA. So who knows when it will arrive. I asked them to see if they can install the Black Ash but they said NO. I am having them check with MB USA.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by SteelBullet
You can always go into the Engineer Mode and turn on the BT streaming. Search in the forum and you will find instructions. I did it and it works great! I however went to the dealer since I needed some minor repairs and with persuasion I was able to have them to the update in the command. The cool features about it are the 3D Navigation map, the availability to see the temperature when changed in the screen as well as changing radio station. Another awesome thing that happened when they did the upgrade is that now I have 6 mo of free Sirius Satellite Radio.

I also asked for my Wood Trim to be replaced thanks to this forum. However dealer is saying part is back ordered and there is maybe a month wait for an ETA. So who knows when it will arrive. I asked them to see if they can install the Black Ash but they said NO. I am having them check with MB USA.
Hi Steel, Can you or anyone take a pic of the 3-D map so I can see exactly what it looks like? I tried having mine upgraded to 4.5 but was told it was not possible with my unit. I'm just looking to see what it is and if I actually have this. I have searched the forums but have yet to locate a pic of it. Sorry if this has been shown before.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:23 AM

2011 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by stale-bread
Hi Steel, Can you or anyone take a pic of the 3-D map so I can see exactly what it looks like? I tried having mine upgraded to 4.5 but was told it was not possible with my unit. I'm just looking to see what it is and if I actually have this. I have searched the forums but have yet to locate a pic of it. Sorry if this has been shown before.
Notice the sky is above the map and the map is tilted. That is how the 3D map shows. Also the AC will show the temperature and setting when you change it. ( not always ).
Just wish the map will show more street names like my other cars have.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-13-2013, 12:34 AM

'14 ML63 AMG / '11 E550W4 (previously)
Originally Posted by SteelBullet

Steel,

Did your wood package come in from MB yet? I also had my dealer agree to replace it all before I purchased and they told me it was on back order with no ETA from Germany yet. Been about 2 weeks on my end and haven't heard anything yet. Interested to know if your came in yet??
Old 07-14-2013, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Grego3031
Steel,

Did your wood package come in from MB yet? I also had my dealer agree to replace it all before I purchased and they told me it was on back order with no ETA from Germany yet. Been about 2 weeks on my end and haven't heard anything yet. Interested to know if your came in yet??
Nobody?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
Steel, Thanks for the pic! Much appreciated. I think this is what MB called Birds eye view?

Greg, My dealer replaced the wood trim in my 2010 in two days. I just purchased it on May 2 if that is what you are asking?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by stale-bread
Steel, Thanks for the pic! Much appreciated. I think this is what MB called Birds eye view?

Greg, My dealer replaced the wood trim in my 2010 in two days. I just purchased it on May 2 if that is what you are asking?
Did they do every piece of wood in the car? My dealer is telling me the whole package is back ordered and they can't give me an eta. Told me that they would get a notification when it ships from Germany....been 3 weeks almost.. I would think MB would be able to give some type of lead time...