E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2014 E Class Light Upgrade

Old 07-10-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e350
Originally Posted by usamuscle
This would be so much easier if you walked Into your local service area and asked for help. Not the service advisor either , walking to the actual bay. You may have to drive tour benz inside so they don't stop you but it's worth a shot. And this is all this tj guy said. Jesus people

Not a bad idea since there is a need for rewiring and also programming to get the lights to work properly. The parts list that would provide full adaptive turning functionality would be prohibitive though.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Sorry to revive this old thread. If you want to upgrade the look of facelifted E class without lighting package, these headlights from China might be an option.
This is completely aftermarket (nothing OEM here). It looks like mostly plug and play type but the difference is, it uses HID for low beams and static LED for high beams. Don't know anything about the quality of hardware or the lighting output. From outside it sure looks like a car with lighting package with those unique DRLs and LED turning signal lamps.
This may be an option for those looking for the "lighting package upgrade -look" without the actual adaptive lighting function. Of course you will lose your MB warranty on the headlights. Cost is approximately $1600 + $200 (shipping) + taxes.
I have no experience with this company or the lights.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181985063592...S:1123&vxp=mtr

Last edited by pamiboy; 01-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:47 PM

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by pamiboy
Sorry to revive this old thread. If you want to upgrade the look of facelifted E class without lighting package...
Since someone else has revived (tried to anyway) this old thread, and since it is a constant topic on so many forums, i'll ask a question I have asked before but never got an answer.

Question #1: Can you turn off the adaptive headlights by either using the steering column menu system, or by using the headlight switch to turn your lights on and off (Do not set them to "Auto")?

If the answer is no...stop here
If the answer is yes...go to question 2.

Question #2: What happens when you move the steering column stalk to the high beam position Does it act like the standard lights; that is, turn the high beam on and off manually?

Maybe someone with full LED adaptive lights could try #1 and #2 and report back.

If the answer is no...stop here.
if the answer is yes...go to question 3.

Question #3: Is the wiring harness at the light assembly the same for the standard and adaptive headlight assemblies? Even though the assemblies are not the same, they both have turn indicator lights and DRL inside the assembly. For example, is the plug-in for turn signals the same, and would it communicate with the turn signal stalk without conflict from the computer or other missing components present in the adaptive system.

LOL, after writing this I find myself asking is it worth it to have a marginally better cosmetic appearance and to get rid of the yellow halogen light that everyone seems to hate. Maybe just swapping the halogen high beam for a "whiter" light isn't such a bad idea.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350
I am again resurrecting this thread in the hope that someone had upgraded their lights on a 2014 E350. Coming from an S4 I really like the upgraded MB DRL but alas, I only have a few small light bars on the bottom of the light. I'm wondering if anyone has bit the bullet and bought OEM upgraded lamps new/used and if it is plug and play.
Thanks
Old 09-14-2016, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by s4shawn
I am again resurrecting this thread in the hope that someone had upgraded their lights on a 2014 E350. Coming from an S4 I really like the upgraded MB DRL but alas, I only have a few small light bars on the bottom of the light. I'm wondering if anyone has bit the bullet and bought OEM upgraded lamps new/used and if it is plug and play.
Thanks
its not plug and play as I've read, the Sam needs to be reprogrammed and since they are steering sensitive there is additionally inputs
Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 PM

2005 c230 k (W203)
After market led upgrade option

saw these online and was wondering if anyone has bought or tried these out.

i didnt realize before i bought my cpo e350 that there were 2 different headlight options and im really bummed that i dont have the leds. I think thats kinda a main part of the look of this eclass.

Anyone try these yet?
http://m.carpartstuning.com/index.ph...n%20Headlights
Old 09-25-2016, 11:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 C300 4matic
Adaptive lighting

Originally Posted by Cao Black
Since someone else has revived (tried to anyway) this old thread, and since it is a constant topic on so many forums, i'll ask a question I have asked before but never got an answer.

Question #1: Can you turn off the adaptive headlights by either using the steering column menu system, or by using the headlight switch to turn your lights on and off (Do not set them to "Auto")?

Yes, it's found in the lighting menu. It can be turned off causing the stalk to act like normal manual hi beams

Question #2: What happens when you move the steering column stalk to the high beam position Does it act like the standard lights; that is, turn the high beam on and off manually?

Yes, there's usually a light illuminated that says A for adaptive high beams. This will not illuminate if it's turned off in the menu, just normal high beam blue light

Maybe someone with full LED adaptive lights could try #1 and #2 and report back.

If the answer is no...stop here.
if the answer is yes...go to question 3.

Question #3: Is the wiring harness at the light assembly the same for the standard and adaptive headlight assemblies? Even though the assemblies are not the same, they both have turn indicator lights and DRL inside the assembly. For example, is the plug-in for turn signals the same, and would it communicate with the turn signal stalk without conflict from the computer or other missing components present in the adaptive system.

No idea, way above my knowledge, but would say no due to power requirements.

LOL, after writing this I find myself asking is it worth it to have a marginally better cosmetic appearance and to get rid of the yellow halogen light that everyone seems to hate. Maybe just swapping the halogen high beam for a "whiter" light isn't such a bad idea.
Wrote in the quotes.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:52 PM
aty

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 GLC 43
For info on the Lighting Package search for this app called W212 light. As far as I can remember, I got it under Daimler AG and was only able to download it to my iPad and not to my Mac. For whatever reason I can't find it anymore just to check the specifics and download it to my iPad mini also. It shows you how the LED light works with videos. It's really nice! So it's called W212 light. For teasers the Intelligent Light System as it is called has a Country Mode which is used instead of dipped beam, providing for brighter and more extensive illumination of the edge of the road on the driver's side. Motorway Mode where the light power and range of the headlamps are increased automatically as the vehicle's speed rises. I didn't know about these till I saw this app! It has these included with Adaptive High Beam Assist, Active Light Function, Cornering Light Function, Enhanced Fog Light Function and Beam-Direction Adjustment for the front lights.

Friendly piece of advise: If you want the lighting package, be patient with yourself and look for a car that has one.

When I got my 2014 E350 CPO a month ago, the dealership had two on the lot.

Good Luck!

If somebody can please help me in editing my profile picture so I can update by profile. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:27 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2015 E-Class
Originally Posted by DUBL07
saw these online and was wondering if anyone has bought or tried these out.

i didnt realize before i bought my cpo e350 that there were 2 different headlight options and im really bummed that i dont have the leds. I think thats kinda a main part of the look of this eclass.

Anyone try these yet?
http://m.carpartstuning.com/index.ph...n%20Headlights

Those seem like an interesting option
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sedan
Anyone?

Originally Posted by ElisTwoCents
BUMP
Old 04-06-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
on the 2014 E350 w/o lighting package the throw and distance isnt that bad? i mean when i drove it i had no issues, didnt even bother me..

Pano roof, i can do either way, the 2nd roof is nice to have but is doable without it
Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ElisTwoCents
Has anyone tried out aftermarket headlights like the one in the quoted link (https://m.carpartstuning.com/index.p...2520Headlights) ? There are a few just like this one available on AliExpress too...and the sellers claim its all plug & play. Yes? no? maybe? Anyone?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by deepthought66
Has anyone tried out aftermarket headlights like the one in the quoted link (https://m.carpartstuning.com/index.p...2520Headlights) ? There are a few just like this one available on AliExpress too...and the sellers claim its all plug & play. Yes? no? maybe? Anyone?
I'm not sure if anyone who has bought a relatively new Mercedes E class (2014 can still be called new.... isn't it) will be interested in swapping the headlights to an unknown Chinese one which is sure to void the lighting related warranty for starters.
From the specs it looks like they are simply plug and play. But you'll lose the LED low beam and get HID headlamps of unknown quality. And they are not cheap either BTW. If you want to be the guinea pig, please do let us know how it turned out. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by pamiboy
I'm not sure if anyone who has bought a relatively new Mercedes E class (2014 can still be called new.... isn't it) will be interested in swapping the headlights to an unknown Chinese one which is sure to void the lighting related warranty for starters.
From the specs it looks like they are simply plug and play. But you'll lose the LED low beam and get HID headlamps of unknown quality. And they are not cheap either BTW. If you want to be the guinea pig, please do let us know how it turned out. Good luck.
Ha! Fair enough. And thank you for the info re. LED low beam. I was hoping that there is someone on here who is more adventurous than I am.

My first preference was to retrofit the OEM active headlights into my car. The parts are easy enough to find. The problem is - it will apparently take some coding work (per @chris_the_swede), and while there are quite a few folks who have experience with coding active headlights as part of facelifting their pre-facelift W212, I haven't found anyone who can help with coding a post-facelift W212 for active headlights (FYI - I'm new at this, so apologies in advance if this explanation doesn't make sense). Sooooo....if anyone has experience/can help with this, I'm all ears. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 Pre-facelift E300 AMG sport package
2011 to facelift headlights

SO, noone tried those yet???
https://www.carpartstuning.com/merce...l09/5989329-1/

These can be used to convert prefacelift to facelift model if you also change front bumper, hood, and grill.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:30 PM

2014 E550 coupe
Trying to figure it out still

Hey everyone,

New to the fourm as I just bought my second 2014 e550 coupe, (had to do a ton of searching to be able to do that). But had to return the car after I found out a day after purchasing that the first car had a bit of a checkered past, and over 25k in engine repairs done that didn’t show on the Carfax via a note from previous owner, and a suggestion from my Mercedes guy take this car back. So after that I became very particular on the car that I purchased in terms of service history. And found a beautiful low mileage example 2014 e550 coupe. Only catch was that it was missing the dynamic led headlights that I loved on the previous car.

Fast forward a week into owning the car and It is really bothering me not having the led headlights more than I thought it was (mostly looks wise). Has anyone figured out if it is possible to get the led dynamic headlights on an e550 coupe with the standard led headlights with out complete heart and wallet surgery?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
Originally Posted by carl_benzlo
Hey everyone,

New to the fourm as I just bought my second 2014 e550 coupe, (had to do a ton of searching to be able to do that). But had to return the car after I found out a day after purchasing that the first car had a bit of a checkered past, and over 25k in engine repairs done that didn’t show on the Carfax via a note from previous owner, and a suggestion from my Mercedes guy take this car back. So after that I became very particular on the car that I purchased in terms of service history. And found a beautiful low mileage example 2014 e550 coupe. Only catch was that it was missing the dynamic led headlights that I loved on the previous car.

Fast forward a week into owning the car and It is really bothering me not having the led headlights more than I thought it was (mostly looks wise). Has anyone figured out if it is possible to get the led dynamic headlights on an e550 coupe with the standard led headlights with out complete heart and wallet surgery?
Congrats on your purchase, second, and coming from a leasing a E350 w/o the lighting package, you dont really need the lighting package. The reason i say this is because even the standard LED lights you get a great range and the only difference is that they curve with the curve your going on and you have a LED signal indicator. However, if you want to fork over the money it will be wallet surgery, you have to purcahse the assembly for both sides, have it programmed into the computer including the adaptive headlights so the high beams go on when its dark around on, but you'll need an additional small camera for that.