E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
Old 06-24-2015, 05:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Replacement Illuminated Door Sill Plates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Replacement Illuminated Door Sill Plates

I just purchased A CPO 2010 E63 AMG and just had the car gone over with a fine tooth comb by my detailer and it's looking sweeettt. The only thing that is nagging at me is the scuffs and scratches on the factory installed illuminated sill plates. So I called a local dealer her in Boston and asked how much replacement sills cost and they told me it's part # 212 686 2936 and they're $70 each. However, when I look up that part number on a couple of sites it says "w/o illum" so is the dealer quoting me for the regular sills?

Also, if these end up being to expensive how easy/hard is it install aftermarket ones given that I already have the wiring from the factory ones. If I decide to go OEM, how easy/hard is installation to just replace the sill and not have to do any wiring.

Thanks and looking forward to being an active part of the community here.

Nisi
Old 08-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,433 Likes on 3,150 Posts
'71 Pinto
EPC shows OEM illuminated left 2126800735, right 0935 – check your PM. BTW you should be posting here https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM

2010 E63 AMG
Thanks for the info and sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Originally Posted by konigstiger
EPC shows OEM illuminated left 2126800735, right 0935 – check your PM. BTW you should be posting here https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
OEM Illuminated door sills are like $800? I also heard that you have to take apart half your car in order to install those without cutting any wires.

The aftermarket illuminated door sills usually just come with wiring and can be taken care of around $120 at a local audio shop. Those sills will only run you around $200. They look very nice too as I just got them installed in my car. I didn't have time to take pics of them yet. I don't know how they would compare to the factory ones though.

Here is the link where I got mine at.
http://www.formymercedes.com/mb_resu...l+Replacements

Again, check to make sure that these are good with your E63.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 PM

2010 E63 AMG
I'm trying to deciper how much the OEM ones are and also it looks like since I already have illuminated ones installed that it should be pretty straight forward and not require taking 1/2 the car apart.

Thanks for the info/feedback.

Originally Posted by alanme123
OEM Illuminated door sills are like $800? I also heard that you have to take apart half your car in order to install those without cutting any wires.

The aftermarket illuminated door sills usually just come with wiring and can be taken care of around $120 at a local audio shop. Those sills will only run you around $200. They look very nice too as I just got them installed in my car. I didn't have time to take pics of them yet. I don't know how they would compare to the factory ones though.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550
Originally Posted by alanme123

Thanks for the link! My 650 Convert. had this factory option and it really was a nice look that is missing from my E. Do you think the fit and finish look OEM? I'm not too worried about scuffs and dings on the metallic surface.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
I will take some pictures once my car comes back from the body shop. They look very nice and fits perfectly. I do not know how the OEM one looks like.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2015, ML250 BlueTEC
Door sills

Originally Posted by nvlashi
I just purchased A CPO 2010 E63 AMG and just had the car gone over with a fine tooth comb by my detailer and it's looking sweeettt. The only thing that is nagging at me is the scuffs and scratches on the factory installed illuminated sill plates. So I called a local dealer her in Boston and asked how much replacement sills cost and they told me it's part # 212 686 2936 and they're $70 each. However, when I look up that part number on a couple of sites it says "w/o illum" so is the dealer quoting me for the regular sills?

Also, if these end up being to expensive how easy/hard is it install aftermarket ones given that I already have the wiring from the factory ones. If I decide to go OEM, how easy/hard is installation to just replace the sill and not have to do any wiring.

Thanks and looking forward to being an active part of the community here.

Nisi
Try power buffing you sills.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM

2010 E63 AMG
I just had the car professionally detailed and the detailer did his best with the sills but between the difficulty of working with the scratches on the stainless steel section and having to worry about overheating the plastic when polishing, still looks pretty beat up.

I'll post some pictures depicting the damage/condition.

Originally Posted by greasykid
Try power buffing you sills.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM

2010 E63 AMG
I've attache a picture and a zip file with high resolution image showing the damage I was referring to.

Originally Posted by nvlashi
I just had the car professionally detailed and the detailer did his best with the sills but between the difficulty of working with the scratches on the stainless steel section and having to worry about overheating the plastic when polishing, still looks pretty beat up.

I'll post some pictures depicting the damage/condition.
Attached Thumbnails Replacement Illuminated Door Sill Plates-scratched-door-sills.png  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Scratched Door Sills.jpg.zip (1.18 MB, 84 views)