E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Best aftermarket HID kit for W212/W204!!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C250 CGI Coupe
Best aftermarket HID kit for W212/W204!!

Hi everyone,

I was in China recently and picked up a HID kit for my W212 which came with halogen.

As everyone knows, the problem with HID kits has always been the ballast and the need to drill holes in the light housing cap, finding somewhere to put the ballast; and in the case of the W212, the bulb retainer.

I was unsure about this kit but it fit like a charm, VERY OEM look.

The bulb retainer comes off the stock plug (it's just clipped on) and then you feed the wires of the HID bulb through the central slot. The whole bulb sits on the retainer very nicely just like a halogen bulb and then you can screw it into the housing.

The kit also comes with error-free chips so doesn't show up on dash.

The best part is....... the ballast is now CUSTOM moulded into the shape of the housing cap (complete with rubber seals) so it just screws onto the light housing. However it's a a bit thicker than the OEM cap so on the left light you have to start feeding it in from gaps in the tubing from the radiator towards the light. The metal tube sitting above the left light prevents it from being passed directly through there.

Have a look at some pics of the kit. I don't have any installation pics. BTW, i have small hands and did the left side without opening the wheel arch.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=14499865571
Old 09-06-2013, 10:30 PM

2014 Sport White on black
group buy? How much and can you get more with installation instructions?
Old 09-07-2013, 03:16 AM

I have to ask the seller how much for group buy. Approximately how many people are interested? How do I do a poll?

In terms of installation, I am a newbie at DIY stuff and it took me about 20mins to do both sides.

Step 1) Open housing cap and remove bulb from lens by turning anti-clockwise.

Step 2) Remove bulb from holder by pulling it straight out from holder.

Step 3) There is metallic clip that is attached to the black plastic bulb holder thing (where the wires are attached). Unclip the metal clip from the black plastic part.

Step 4) The HID bulb has 2 wires attached to those plastic connector plugs common to HID kits. The 'female' plug is slightly too big to fit through the center slot of the metal clip easily and requires a bit a force which will scrap some plastic off the plug but will not damage the clip.

Step 5) After the 2 wires are threaded through, the bulb will sit nicely against the clip pretty much like how the halogen H7 bulb would.

Step 6) Insert the HID bulb with attached clip into the light housing/lens and turn clockwise until secured.

Step 7) Plug the connectors from the HID bulb to those of the ballast.

Step 8) Important step: there is 2 blade connectors that look like the base of H7 bulb that need to be inserted into the black plastic bulb holder from Step 3. There is no marked polarity so you have to trial and error it.

Step 9) Cram all the wires into the light housing and close with the ballast as the light housing cap. The left side is difficult and tight and will not fit the ballast through from the top. I had to feed it in from a larger space near the radiator towards the light housing then connect the wires and then close it.

Hope that helps. My car is in the body shop so can't take photos.

Can I please get approx numbers for group buy.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:17 AM

Sorry Double post

Last edited by ToanPham; 09-07-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:55 PM

What did you pay for them?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:01 AM

I paid 500 yuan (which is approx $80 USD). Overseas shipping will probably be higher.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:13 AM

I purchase all kinds of stuff from China/Hong Kong and the shipping is not much. If they want to sell a bunch of HIDs I'm sure they will lower shipping costs. In fact, on ebay most items listed from PRC provide free shipping. Maybe you can contact them and ask to post the HIDs on Ebay and they might lower shipping.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 GLK350 P1, Multi-media & AMG Pkg; 2010 E350 w/ prem 2; 2018 4Runner SR5 Prem. 4x4
interesting find.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C-class W204 T-modell
How could I get this to Europe? Any Ebay links please?