Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Traded my C63 for W212 & already installed Vossesns >

Traded my C63 for W212 & already installed Vossesns

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Traded my C63 for W212 & already installed Vossesns

 
Old 10-23-2013, 04:54 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Andonixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando - Miami
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 - 2005 c230
Traded my C63 for W212 & already installed Vossesns

I had to trade in my C63 because of gas mileage, Driving more than 60 miles per day it was killing me

So i purchased a 2011 E350

Just Lowered
Added Vossens 20's
What do you think?







Andonixxx is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 05:13 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 674
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 w221
From all that POWER to this turtle! Looks good tho.
T.H.Carrera is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 10:22 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
belarus27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sacramento , CA
Posts: 1,802
Received 154 Likes on 145 Posts
2010 e550 p2
looks good , debating myself between CV3 or CV7s....
belarus27 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Kushp14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 469
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A few german broads
Nice!
Kushp14 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 10:42 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Andonixxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando - Miami
Posts: 166
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C63 - 2005 c230
Thanks guys! Next is spoiler, tinted windows and a few other stuff
Andonixxx is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 605
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
Nice
chrisvr6 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:40 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
 
E350rulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350 w/ every option :)
Nice wheels. So I am thinking of getting the CV5 myself. Just wanted to ask. Is vossen the best price/performance/quality brand out there. I see a lot of members have them for their cars. So I'm just curious. I want something that will last the 5-6 summers I plan to keep this car. I'm going to put winters on my stock rims.

Last edited by E350rulz; 10-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.
E350rulz is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 PM
  #8  
D&G
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canuck Town
Posts: 228
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E550
Very nice. What are the wheel and tire specs?

And how are you liking the E350 vs the C63? Surprising you didn't go for the E550.
D&G is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Tjdehya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 1,710
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 MB S550C4, 2016 BMW i8
Ouch,
Is gas was a concern why not E350Bluetec
Tjdehya is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 06:12 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
BenzV12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,741
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 BMW G30 530i XDrive
Having driven W204 C63 AMG ,this car may feel slow but W212 being an upscale model is a better choice
A few days ago, I talked to a W212 E350 owner ex W204 C63 AMG Owner and he also complaint about it's gas mileage but he said he had missed the overwhelming exhaust notes coming off that beast
BenzV12 is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 AM
  #11  
Member
 
juliana21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Jerz
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 E350 4MATIC
Very nice!!! The car Looks perfect lowered
juliana21 is offline  
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
 
iErickS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL450 / 2010 E350 P2, Black top, Pano
Wheels look sweet? What offsets did you go with?
iErickS is offline  
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 AM
  #13  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 843
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, W163 M112 E32
204 with awesome engine or 212 with crappy engine...tough call..
DubVBenz is offline  
Old 01-12-2014, 08:52 AM
  #14  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,602
Received 733 Likes on 710 Posts
2012 CLS63
congrats OP
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 01-12-2014, 11:36 AM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,523
Received 85 Likes on 78 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Originally Posted by DubVBenz View Post
204 with awesome engine or 212 with crappy engine...tough call..

How does his W212 have a crappy engine?
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 AM
  #16  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 853
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Originally Posted by C280 Sport View Post
How does his W212 have a crappy engine?
How?

Let me tell you how?

If you've ever driven an M156 engine equipped merc, then all other engines sound crap. That's how.

I happen to have a E350 - a GL450 and a C63 and I owned a E550. No offense to anyone, but once you experience the "sound" and torque of the M156 - the big 6.2L motor, you would be left wanting for more, everytime you step into something else.
USCGTO is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 AM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 605
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lexus gx470
He's right. I have an e350 and i don't know what i was thinkin. SShould've upgraded to that 550. My transmission is louder than the engine. Lol
chrisvr6 is offline  
Old 01-13-2014, 11:51 PM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,699
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by USCGTO View Post
How?

Let me tell you how?

If you've ever driven an M156 engine equipped merc, then all other engines sound crap. That's how.

I happen to have a E350 - a GL450 and a C63 and I owned a E550. No offense to anyone, but once you experience the "sound" and torque of the M156 - the big 6.2L motor, you would be left wanting for more, everytime you step into something else.

I agree with what you said about the M156 motor being a great motor and all of that, my C63 AMG had the full MHP stage II(headers tune and filters) but you just can't say that all the other motors are crap.

I loved my C63 sound with the long tube headers, no doubt.. big block, throaty cold starts but the M278 engine which is the "baby" 5.5 AMG engine is a heck o an engine. Very smooth and very powerful. So powerfull that it gets well over 600lbs-tq and well over 500hp with a tune(no headers, nothing else yet with and awesome fuel economy.

Overall, I think that most of the mercedes benz engines are great(just my opinion)
C63newdude is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 12:08 AM
  #19  
Member
 
mb_21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FAIRFAX VA
Posts: 206
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12' ML350 4M & 10' E350 4M
Originally Posted by chrisvr6 View Post
He's right. I have an e350 and i don't know what i was thinkin. SShould've upgraded to that 550. My transmission is louder than the engine. Lol
+1
mb_21 is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 AM
  #20  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 853
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
Originally Posted by C63newdude View Post
I agree with what you said about the M156 motor being a great motor and all of that, my C63 AMG had the full MHP stage II(headers tune and filters) but you just can't say that all the other motors are crap.

I loved my C63 sound with the long tube headers, no doubt.. big block, throaty cold starts but the M278 engine which is the "baby" 5.5 AMG engine is a heck o an engine. Very smooth and very powerful. So powerfull that it gets well over 600lbs-tq and well over 500hp with a tune(no headers, nothing else yet with and awesome fuel economy.

Overall, I think that most of the mercedes benz engines are great(just my opinion)
Maybe I need to reword my opinion. When compared to the M156, giving due credit to the torque and exhaust note, other engines fall relatively behind. That doesnt mean the V6 is not good or the TT V8s are not good enough. They do their job they way they're designed to (Efficiency - smoothness - NVH)
USCGTO is offline  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:04 AM
  #21  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 21,602
Received 733 Likes on 710 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by USCGTO View Post
Maybe I need to reword my opinion. When compared to the M156, giving due credit to the torque and exhaust note, other engines fall relatively behind. That doesnt mean the V6 is not good or the TT V8s are not good enough. They do their job they way they're designed to (Efficiency - smoothness - NVH)
good thing no one gives a sh$t about prius drivers
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 01-14-2014, 07:55 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 476
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 5er
opinions: i like the oem twin-spokes better. but i'm not a fan of the aggressive 5-spoke look. when super concave and on a coupe, they do work a little better. not quite right on a luxury cruiser. maybe match the dark color with some trim pieces to toughen it up. i see this style more on the american muscle stuff e.g. camaro and mustang.
E Classy is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded my C63 for W212 & already installed Vossesns


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: