Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Remote Trunk Function

Hi Guys,
The E class has a remote trunk opening feature with the key. I want to know if it can used to close an already open trunk. Not sure if this feature is there in my car as I can't seem to close it remotely and I can't find anything like this in the manual either. I can however use the trunk release button below the dash to close it while I am in the driver seat. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
You can not use the remote to close the trunk.

If you have P2 and the electric trunk opener, if you push on the trunk button in the driver's side door, the trunk will close.

But only from that button or the one on the trunk lid, not the key fob trunk button.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
Thanks Mike. That was exactly what I was describing. BTW my car has the regular P1 package (I believe most of the cars come with this anyway) as far as I know. So with any package the E class does not offer closing the trunk with key fob...!!!
Its feels weird.. since many other cheaper cars have this function.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212 "14
What is p1 and p2? Im a noob, but my 14, e220 avantgarde does not have that function cloosing boot(wagon) from button or inside drivers door.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:06 PM

'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
Premium 1 and Premium 2 are option packages, you actually can choose a stripped car without either one.

Mine, a 2011, has P2, which I think includes the electric trunk closer, but maybe all cars have that.

Starting in 2014, they stopped calling it P1 and P2, I think there's just a base and P1 now, plus a la carte for things like Keyless Go and Bi-xenon headlights that were included in P2.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 PM

'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
An article from 2010, so I am sure prices are wrong, but here's the listings:

To make building and ordering cars easier Mercedes-Benz generally bundles the most common options into two different “packages” for the 2010 model year, the Premium 1 Package (P1 Package), and the Premium 2 Package (P2 Package). This article will cover the P1 and P2 Packages as they relate directly to the 2010 E 350 Sedan. The other models in the Mercedes-Benz line differ a bit in terms of which options are included in each package, but most models follow the P1 / P2 convention.
Across the board, the P1 Package carries a fairly long list of general convenience items. The P2 Package includes everythig in the P1 Package, plus a few more, sometimes larger option items.
Almost every new E class will have the Premium 1 Package. I’ve seen a couple without the P1 Package, but very few, maybe two or three ever. The P2 Package is actually fairly rare. For example, of the 30 or so E classes we have in stock at the moment only about 4 or 5 of them have the P2 package.
2010 E 350 Premium 1 Package Includes:
- COMAND system with 40GB hard-drive navigation
- Enhanced voice control for audio, telephone and navigation
- Gracenote media database
- HD Digital Radio
- harmon/kardon LOGIC7 surround-sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1
- Heated front seats
- iPod / MP3 media interface (in glovebox)
- Power rear sunshade
- Rear view camera
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio with SIRIUS real-time traffic service
- Zagat Survey restaurant guide (built into the nav system… no joke!)
- 6GB hard-drive with Music Register
COST: $3,950
That’s a long list, much longer than it’s been in the past. I was glad to see Navigation and heated seats included in the E 350 P1 package for 2010, as those were two of the most common stand along options requested by customers in years past.
In my opinion, if there was anywhere Mercedes-Benz lagged behind the competition in years past it was with their navigation systems. Finally, in about 2009 Mercedes-Benz came up with a Navigation system to challenge all other manufacturers!
The Nav system that’s being installed in Mercedes-Benz models today is leaps and bounds ahead of anything that’s come before it. Lexus, BMW, whoever.. they don’t have anything on the new Mercedes-Benz COMAND system. It’s absolutely state of the art, easy to use and intuitive.
LED Daytime running Lamps: On the lower front spoiler; The only exterior giveaway that this is a P2 car.

2010 E 350 Premium 2 Package Includes:
All items in the Premium 1 Package plus:
- Adaptive Highbean Assist
- Bi-Xenon headlamps with active curve illumination
- Electronic trunk closer
- Headlamp washing system
- KEYLESS-GO
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
COST: $6,350
The P2 Package brings some nice features to the E 350. I especially like the electronic trunk closer and KEYLESS GO system. Many people are surprised to see that Bi-Xenon headlamps (those blueish lights you see on the road at night) are not standard equipment on Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
The standard Xenon / Halogen lamps Mercedes-Benz installs as standard equipment in most models are some of the brightest lights of their kind ever made. It’s not like they’re old, yellow looking lights from the mid 1970s. I’ve actually had someone in oncoming traffic flash their lights at me one night thinking I had my brights on while driving a 2008 E class sedan. You’ll thank Mercedes for those lights when it’s time to repalce them, they are considerably less expensive than Bi-Xenon replacements.
Some people think that buying a more highly optioned car is better for “re-sale” value. In my experience, all else being equal, a pre owned P2 car doesn’t sell for that much more than a P1 car, maybe not more at all. If that’s the only reason for getting the bigger package I’d say skip it, I suppose if that’s how you have to justify the choice to your significant other, you could make the argument.
In the end, each potential Mercede-Benz buyer must weigh the options on the car vs. the price of those options and their specific needs and wants. If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that everyone is different. What’s important to one person, the next could care less about. It’s all about what’s important to you.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
'03 A4 2.0 Stroker, '14 E63 S AMG, '10 E550, '10 S550, '03 C240
You need this module to have remote trunk close:

http://www.kufatec.com/shop/en/Trunk...s-E-Class-W212
Old 07-27-2014, 09:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Mike nice break down
Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E 350
So you need to go through all these after market installation process just to facilitate remote trunk closing function. I'm not going to spend any money for that. It seems silly because so many cheaper cars offer this function. I think all they should need is tweak the software since electric trunk close is already installed.