E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

traded in my C class for 12 E350 Harman K system where is sub? want 2 install amp/sub

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
traded in my C class for 12 E350 Harman K system where is sub? want 2 install amp/sub

Fist post on this side of the forum: former 2010 C class owner
before I traded in my C class I took out the JL Audio Slash 1000/1v2 Mono Amp
and Two JL Audio 13TW5-3 13.5" Sub 2000W Thin-Line Car Subs not sure if I want to install all that in the new car yet

I like the way the Karman Kardon but I need more base!

I did some searching around on the old post but didn't really find anything I could use

-Where is the OEM subwoofer amp located? and I can just disconnect it and feed the signal to a small subwoofer (maybe bazooka subwoofer)?
-or can I pass that signal to my amp and just worry about getting a dedicated power line from the battery to the amp
Old 11-13-2014, 10:30 PM

w212 E550
The Sub is in the rear deck.. if you look under the rear deck you will see a small squarish metal box with a fan on it... that is the subwoofer amp.

There is a multi-pin connector on the side of it with colored wires.

THe Black wire is the remote turn on lead, there is a Brown and a Yellow small guage wire, those are your pre (before) amp signals, those are 6 volt lines and can go directly to your amplifier inputs
Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 836 Likes on 605 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by papromike
The Sub is in the rear deck.. if you look under the rear deck you will see a small squarish metal box with a fan on it... that is the subwoofer amp.

There is a multi-pin connector on the side of it with colored wires.

THe Black wire is the remote turn on lead, there is a Brown and a Yellow small guage wire, those are your pre (before) amp signals, those are 6 volt lines and can go directly to your amplifier inputs

Silly question:

Would it be possible just to install a new amp replacing the OEM amp using the existing sub in the car? I think the sub volume is just set too low and there is no control for it other than the "flimsy" Base selector under the "Sound" tab. A new amp with manual volume setting could fix the issue without trouble of installing a new big speaker in the car...?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:21 PM

w212 E550
That Tiny sub wont take too much oomph plus its going through processor

so I would say No

THe factory amp, really isnt enough to drive an aftermarket sub,
Old 11-15-2014, 09:22 PM

2012 E350 4-matic SPORT
papromike Thanks for the valuable information!

To break it down barney style:

The black wire is the wire that is going to on and off my aftermarket sub amp right?

Brown/Yellow will be the the audio input to the amp right? the red and white rca type right?

So basically I just need to get the amp gauge power wire from the battery and the rest is that much easy right?

I can just leave the OEM amp/sub in place since they will be disconnected and just sitting there right