Epic Racing Story?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Epic Racing Story?

Does any one have any that stick out to them. I have two but one in particular a few weeks ago, against 2 BMWs (1 Coupe) a Lexus, and 2 Infinitis. I don't remember the exact models of all of them since it happen randomly and sudden but I know one of the BMWs was a coupe since he was the only one that got ahead of me and stayed ahead of me.

Lil booger started swerving in and out of traffic and I'm all for a lil ego racing but I don't do the in and out of traffic thing. I get the vibe that people constantly taunt me to race now but typically I'm in my old man mode and I ignore it but every now and then if it's open road, I'm down for the 1 Mile go at it type of thing. This story I think is cool due to the sheer amount of cars involved and we all were definitely testing each other even if not 100% flooring it. Anyone else with a cool story?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
There is another forum on here called Kill Stories that has some interesting posts. The AMG forums get some good stories now and then.

I used to traffic race when I was a teen but I did a lot of stupid stuff back then in my crappy car. Definitely lost that edge. Having precious cargo (kids) did that to me. Now I only go at it now and then. Mostly from lights when it's clear ahead. I try to make a point of being first away but it is hard to gauge sometimes who wants to race. The other week there were two cars that were racing in traffic and I caught up to them at a light. They were revving their engines so I showed them what I had. Smoked em, but from the view in my rear view mirror, I am not even sure they were trying. Another time I was next to a new 435i and wasn't sure if the guy noticed me. So I started to moderately accelerate in 2nd but he took off and it was too late for me to adjust.

On the highway, I like to make a point there every now and then. About a year ago a BMW X1 was racing with a 370Z. I caught up to them and then showed them what mine could do. Before I realized it I was doing about 120 and leaving them behind but again I am not sure if they wanted to play with a third.

That's about as exciting as it gets for me.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550
About 3 months ago I went to Vegas, and right after I had left from barstow I noticed a c350 weaving in and out of traffic. I caught up to it really quick, and it was a a C350 with 3 girls inside, so me being the egotistical maniac I am, egged them on to a quick little sprint. As you know a E550 against a C350 never ends well for the 350, especially with 3 people inside. After I pulled on them with no effort I went back into the middle lane, seconds later they flew past me, so naturally I gave chase. All the way from Barstow to baker we were playing cat and mouse. At baker I pulled over to get some food and the girls pulled up right behind me. They were pretty cool, chatted with the driver, and to my surprise managed to get her number. Got back on the freeway and we both headed for Vegas, still played the cat and mouse game, but 2 more cars had joined us. Tried to hang out with her in Vegas, but I had no time since I had to come back to SOCal the same day. might not be epic, but it was fun!

Last edited by bob2011; 07-17-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

We have a similar philosophy. I definitely like to push it every now and then, but whenever the kids and wife are with me, I take it down several notches. Funny thing is one day the wife was irritated by a Jeep Grand Cherokee that was being very aggressive one day. I had the kids in the car and she was still like "BLOW AWAY FROM THIS GUY". So I did LOL

Originally Posted by thefisch
There is another forum on here called Kill Stories that has some interesting posts. The AMG forums get some good stories now and then.

I used to traffic race when I was a teen but I did a lot of stupid stuff back then in my crappy car. Definitely lost that edge. Having precious cargo (kids) did that to me. Now I only go at it now and then. Mostly from lights when it's clear ahead. I try to make a point of being first away but it is hard to gauge sometimes who wants to race. The other week there were two cars that were racing in traffic and I caught up to them at a light. They were revving their engines so I showed them what I had. Smoked em, but from the view in my rear view mirror, I am not even sure they were trying. Another time I was next to a new 435i and wasn't sure if the guy noticed me. So I started to moderately accelerate in 2nd but he took off and it was too late for me to adjust.

On the highway, I like to make a point there every now and then. About a year ago a BMW X1 was racing with a 370Z. I caught up to them and then showed them what mine could do. Before I realized it I was doing about 120 and leaving them behind but again I am not sure if they wanted to play with a third.

That's about as exciting as it gets for me.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You story is extremely epic. High speed racing with a few chicks plus getting a number out of it. #Nice

Originally Posted by bob2011
About 3 months ago I went to Vegas, and right after I had left from barstow I noticed a c350 weaving in and out of traffic. I caught up to it really quick, and it was a a C350 with 3 girls inside, so me being the egotistical maniac I am, egged them on to a quick little sprint. As you know a E550 against a C350 never ends well for the 350, especially with 3 people inside. After I pulled on them with no effort I went back into the middle lane, seconds later they flew past me, so naturally I gave chase. All the way from Barstow to baker we were playing cat and mouse. At baker I pulled over to get some food and the girls pulled up right behind me. They were pretty cool, chatted with the driver, and to my surprise managed to get her number. Got back on the freeway and we both headed for Vegas, still played the cat and mouse game, but 2 more cars had joined us. Tried to hang out with her in Vegas, but I had no time since I had to come back to SOCal the same day. might not be epic, but it was was fun!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Sounds like if you had an AMG she might have given more than her number .
Old 07-17-2015, 01:37 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by pamiboy
Sounds like if you had an AMG she might have given more than her number .
Old 07-17-2015, 01:39 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by jahquan3
You story is extremely epic. High speed racing with a few chicks plus getting a number out of it. #Nice
Haha thanks! Probably would have had even better turn out if I didn't have to come back to SOcal the same day. >: (
Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
About 3 months ago I went to Vegas, and right after I had left from barstow I noticed a c350 weaving in and out of traffic. I caught up to it really quick, and it was a a C350 with 3 girls inside, so me being the egotistical maniac I am, egged them on to a quick little sprint. As you know a E550 against a C350 never ends well for the 350, especially with 3 people inside. After I pulled on them with no effort I went back into the middle lane, seconds later they flew past me, so naturally I gave chase. All the way from Barstow to baker we were playing cat and mouse. At baker I pulled over to get some food and the girls pulled up right behind me. They were pretty cool, chatted with the driver, and to my surprise managed to get her number. Got back on the freeway and we both headed for Vegas, still played the cat and mouse game, but 2 more cars had joined us. Tried to hang out with her in Vegas, but I had no time since I had to come back to SOCal the same day. might not be epic, but it was fun!
Not sure how I got into this sub-forum, but I just wanted to chime in and say that...THIS IS EPIC!
Hope you guys had detectors. Personally I have a fear of giving the CHP any more of my money so drive paranoid and have to live vicariously through posts like these.
Old 07-17-2015, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't have a detector but I generally just keep my head on a swivel. Plus there are certain highways that are better for short races then others. Only issue are the unmarked ones that can sneak up on ya. It's rare though that I push it so the odds are probably along the same lines of a typically fast driver. I see people every day just blowing by me and I guess their just eager to get to work or running late.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:39 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by edgalang
Not sure how I got into this sub-forum, but I just wanted to chime in and say that...THIS IS EPIC! Hope you guys had detectors. Personally I have a fear of giving the CHP any more of my money so drive paranoid and have to live vicariously through posts like these.
Haha thank you good sir! And yes I do have a radar detector, the girls did not! Gotta have one as cheap insurance if you're gonna do some hooning! That and waze! Waze also saved my buttcheeks a couple of times!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Haha thank you good sir! And yes I do have a radar detector, the girls did not! Gotta have one as cheap insurance if you're gonna do some hooning! That and waze! Waze also saved my buttcheeks a couple of times!
Waze? Never heard of it but just checked it out. Nice info since I doubt I'll be getting a detector anytime soon.