E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

So I ran an W211 E63 tonight

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:00 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
2015 E63 - Current, 2012 E550 - Current, 2019 Audi Q7 3.0T - current
So I ran an W211 E63 tonight

Ok I was not expecting these results but I'm not going to lie. A twin turbo E550 in 62 degree weather is damn fast. I'm talking that this car has to be under rated by the factory by quite a bit.
Tonight in Hollywood I was actually trolling an E46 M3 that was slammed with exhaust an wheels when all of the sudden a blacked out W211 E63 rolled up behind him sounding mean and muscle car like. I figured what the hell I'm going to go play too. I shifted to neutral and placed the car into sport from E then caught up. Got next to the 63 and jesus that thing sounded amazing and intimidating. I am pretty sure he thought I was a 350 because both driver and passenger were laughing when I kept right next to him in traffic. That did it I saw he was pulling onto the fwy so I said screw it was on his *** on the on ramp and as we both pulled into the lanes we both slowed down next to each other. I dropped to 3rd gear and we both went at it, I immediately pulled half a car and kept pulling till traffic came up really fast for both of us. When I got next to him both he and his passenger were giving me thumbs up and I returned a thumbs up and pulled off the fwy... I love this car...Can't wait to tune it now.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:30 AM

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E550 4MATIC TUNED - Turbo Upgraded Stage 3
u gotta tune it...u gotta do it right.

A tuned BiTurbo E550 will scare a lot of stock sports cars away.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 210 Posts
2019 E300
Congrats on your new used car. I don't mean to sound like your father, but in the future, do us all a favor and do your racing on a track, not on public road.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by BlownS4
I shifted to neutral and placed the car into sport from E then caught up.

Why did you shift to neutral?
Old 12-07-2015, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by The G Man
Congrats on your new used car. I don't mean to sound like your father, but in the future, do us all a favor and do your racing on a track, not on public road.

What? He did say he slowed up once traffic was there. So yes you're sounding like his father and you must mean too.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 E550 4MATIC RENNtech Tune
And I just got challenged by a teenage girl in a Prius.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Originally Posted by jahquan3
What? He did say he slowed up once traffic was there. So yes you're sounding like his father and you must mean too.
Slow down after what? 100 MPH? And they slow down after they can no longer do a 100 MPH. Only kids race each other on public roads, real man do it on the track.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,620 Likes on 1,189 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Drag racing teenagers just T-boned a friend's cousin last Thursday here. He was in a Toyota Highlander and basically crushed his whole left side (arm, leg, ribs, pelvis). He is in ICU and they are still stopping his internal bleeding before they can operate on his breaks. His 14 year old daughter crawled out the back and called 911. I'm not telling anybody what to do, but use your head out there.
Edit 12/7: The father just passed a few hours ago. 16 and 20 year old drag racers. The 16 YO hit him in a Dodge Charger. I know nobody here is a teen, but just be careful out there.

Last edited by KEY08; 12-07-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550
Slow down after what? 100 MPH? And they slow down after they can no longer do a 100 MPH. Only kids race each other on public roads, real man do it on the track.
Not everyone can afford to go to the track... every once and awhile on the Florida Turnpike i'll have a go with someone from 60-100 or so when there's nobody else around, what's the big deal?

These cars are designed to go 100+ no problem and if you have an open stretch of straight highway you're really only risking harm to yourself.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cc16177
Not everyone can afford to go to the track... every once and awhile on the Florida Turnpike i'll have a go with someone from 60-100 or so when there's nobody else around, what's the big deal?

These cars are designed to go 100+ no problem and if you have an open stretch of straight highway you're really only risking harm to yourself.
Exactly. I'm not saying race like mad man or put others in unnecessary danger. It's ridiculous to toot your safety first horn as if everyone is acting like a fool out there if you're just pushing it a lil every now and then.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:09 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
1953 300 Adenauer, 1971 300 SEL 6.3, 1975 600, 1978 450 6.9

The big deal is death and destruction - often to somebody else. Fifteen years ago a friend was hit by a speeding car in Florida. She and two other people in her car were killed.

Last summer the son of one of my co-workers was killed when the speeding car he was riding in failed to negotiate curve and hit a tree.

Need I go on? I can if you like.

Oh, and if you spend two seconds analyzing the OP's post you know it is BS - but he probably is a hazard to the motoring public.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real men don't have to go to the track either to have a pissing contest in a family sedan. Racing in general is kind of a childish fun loving act, no matter where it's done. Again I'm not condoning at all to race like fools either on a track or off of it.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:22 PM

You know how often I get people on the road trying to "challenge" me? I mean today it was a PRIUS. The other day was a Honda Accord V6. It's mostly when I'm lined up with someone at a red light. If the road in front of me is completely clear, I always tap the accelerator until 40 and by that time and depending on the car, they are already 5-6 car lengths behind me and then I let go and cruise. By doing so, I've engaged in a little friendly "challenge" but have not put myself nor anyone else in danger. As far as racing in public roads, that's a big NO NO. IMO.

Last edited by g4benz; 12-07-2015 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:38 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by g4benz
You know how often I get people on the road trying to "challenge" me? I mean today it was a PRIUS. The other day was a Honda Accord V6. It's mostly when I'm lined up with someone at a red light. If the road in front of me is completely clear, I always tap the accelerator until 40 and by that time and depending on the car, they are already 5-6 car lengths behind me and then I let go and cruise. By doing so, I've engaged in a little friendly "challenge" but have not put myself nor anyone else in safety. As far as racing in public roads, that's a big NO NO. IMO.
The only time I let myself be sucked in is at red light cameras in MD.

In MD, crossing over the line when the light is red will trigger the camera, so I stop well behind the line.

When I get a challenger, I wait until there is no cross traffic and nobody in the opposite turning lane or near the crosswalks.

I "goose" the engine a bit and lurch forward. I watch with amusement when the fool in the other car jumps ahead, realizes the light is still red and gets his photo taken as he ever so slightly crosses the white line before he can stop.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:39 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55

Why did you shift to neutral?
Because it never happened.

He bought the car on Friday night and at 3am Monday morning he is posting about drag racing "tonight." Either "tonight" is in the future or it referred to Sunday night. What idiot buys a new (to them) car and starts racing it on public streets a few days later? Perhaps there was an alcoholic beverage involved?

Finally, any statement that starts with "so" is suspect and must be looked at carefully. Then we can see the incomplete sentences, incomplete punctuation and so forth that are indicative of deception.

Last edited by CEB; 12-07-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
The only time I let myself be sucked in is at red light cameras in MD.

In MD, crossing over the line when the light is red will trigger the camera, so I stop well behind the line.

When I get a challenger, I wait until there is no cross traffic and nobody in the opposite turning lane or near the crosswalks.

I "goose" the engine a bit and lurch forward. I watch with amusement when the fool in the other car jumps ahead, realizes the light is still red and gets his photo taken as he ever so slightly crosses the white line before he can stop.
Ha! I never understood why people feel the need to challenge others on public roads. And you know what, in my own personal experience, 90% of the drivers have been young females. Not generalizing here, but merely stating my experiences thus far!
Old 12-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Wow. This thread started off great then spiraled down very quickly.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:03 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BlownS4
Ok I was not expecting these results but I'm not going to lie. Someone who is telling the truth in an unsolicited statement does not say "I'm not going to lie". Note lack of proper punctuation. A twin turbo E550 in 62 degree weather is damn fast. I'm talking that this car has to be under rated by the factory by quite a bit. When describing a feature, one normally does not say "I'm talking"
Tonight in Hollywood I was actually trolling an E46 M3 "actually? Why "actually"? When one is looking at a statement, unnecessary words are always suspect and indicate deception. that was slammed with exhaust an wheels when all of the sudden a blacked out W211 E63 rolled up behind him sounding mean and muscle car like. I figured what the hell I'm going to go play too. Poor grammar I shifted to neutral and placed the car into sport from E then caught up. Why "shift to neutral" and why explain "from E"? Someone recounting a story from memory would say "I shifted to "sport". Got next to the 63 and jesus that thing sounded amazing and intimidating. I am pretty sure he thought I was a 350 because both driver and passenger were laughing when I kept right next to him in traffic. That did it I saw he was pulling onto the fwy so I said screw it was on his *** on the on ramp and as we both pulled into the lanes we both slowed down next to each other. More lack of proper punctuation I dropped to 3rd gear and we both went at it, I immediately pulled half a car "pulled half a car" what? Ahead? Incomplete descriptions where you expect the reader to fill in the blanks are further signs of deception.and kept pulling till traffic came up really fast for both of us. When I got next to him both he and his passenger were giving me thumbs up "When I got next to him"? I thought he was ahead. When describing something from memory you would say "When he caught up with me" or something like that. "When I got next to him" implies that the author was behind the 63.and I returned a thumbs up and pulled off the fwy... I love this car...Can't wait to tune it now.
Let's look at this statement. Bolding is mine.

This appears to be a typical made up "internet kill story"
Old 12-07-2015, 01:18 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by CEB
The big deal is death and destruction - often to somebody else. Fifteen years ago a friend was hit by a speeding car in Florida. She and two other people in her car were killed.

Last summer the son of one of my co-workers was killed when the speeding car he was riding in failed to negotiate curve and hit a tree.

Need I go on? I can if you like.

Oh, and if you spend two seconds analyzing the OP's post you know it is BS - but he probably is a hazard to the motoring public.
Need you go on? Well, considering i'm talking about driving on an OPEN ROAD with no other cars I don't feel your examples apply here.

I see people do crazy **** all the time while driving recklessly and I don't condone that at all, in fact, my guess is your friend who was hit by a speeding car in Florida was probably driving on a road that, you know, had other vehicles on it...

I'm talking about driving at speeds of 60-100mph on an open highway with no other vehicles.

If you have an issue with that, fine, but your examples don't address it at all.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Real men don't have to go to the track either to have a pissing contest in a family sedan. Racing in general is kind of a childish fun loving act, no matter where it's done. Again I'm not condoning at all to race like fools either on a track or off of it.
I use to go to the drag strip to test out my mods, not because of any pissing contest. Street racing really do not prove who has a faster car, it just prove which driver is crazier behind the wheel and who has less to lose. Any fool in a Hyundai can do over 100 MPH. You might be faster to a 100 MPH in your E550 but if you are unwilling to take risk in a public road, you will lose the race.
In the BMW forum, the moderators would delete these type of street racing thread, I always think of Mercedes owners being more mature than BMW owners, Mr. Moderator, maybe we should do the same in this forum.

Last edited by The G Man; 12-07-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:30 PM
CEB
MBWorld Fanatic!

Need you go on? Well, considering i'm talking about driving on an OPEN ROAD with no other cars I don't feel your examples apply here.

I see people do crazy **** all the time while driving recklessly and I don't condone that at all, in fact, my guess is your friend who was hit by a speeding car in Florida was probably driving on a road that, you know, had other vehicles on it...

I'm talking about driving at speeds of 60-100mph on an open highway with no other vehicles.

If you have an issue with that, fine, but your examples don't address it at all.
Actually, the second one does

"Last summer the son of one of my co-workers was killed when the speeding car he was riding in failed to negotiate curve and hit a tree."

The curve was actually more of a very gentle bend in the road that could have easily been negotiated by even a beginning driver at 50mph (30mph speed limit) but was lethal at 70mph for two 18 year olds who had just graduated high school a week earlier.

There is speeding and there is stupidity. 100mph on US roads is stupid and in most states considered reckless driving even if nothing happens. In VA for example, 20mph over the speed limit or anything over 80mph is considered reckless.

I spent 20 some years driving the Autobahn in Germany. I like driving fast but I understand the limitations of the roadways, other drivers and road hazards - like deer.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I use to go to the drag strip to test out my mods, not because of any pissing contest. Street racing really do not prove who has a faster car, it just prove which driver is crazier behind the wheel and who has less to lose. Any fool in a Hyundai can do over 100 MPH. You might be faster to a 100 MPH in your E550 but if you are unwilling to take risk in a public road, you will lose the race.
In the BMW forum, the moderators would delete these type of street racing thread, I always think of Mercedes owners being more mature than BMW owners, Mr. Moderator, maybe we should do the same in this forum.
Do some research and you'd know they actually have a thread just for "Kill Stories" on this forum, so this thread can get deleted but it's still has a place on this forum.

As I said I consider it all little childish and dangerous whether you're racing a time or another car. Ultimately it can be dangerous no matter how you try to explain it away. As I said I don't condone doing anything that is dangerous. I personally have not raced my car against someone going 100 something but I've done several of the 0-60 quick races. Never in a city atmosphere or where I felt I was endangering anyone else. I don't do it to see whose fastest since I can careless. I do it for the exhilaration and fun of it. Not because I'm more of a man then they guy who I smoked or get smoked by.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Formerly: 2007 e63; 2012 GL450
I love people who come to internet forums to lecture others.

Must be the 2nd biggest waste of time, right behind arguing politics on Facebook.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
I've done several of the 0-60 quick races. Never in a city atmosphere or where I felt I was endangering anyone else.
You wont be doing any quick 0-60 run anytime soon with your car misfiring
Most people who get into accidents due to speeding do not feel like they are endangering anyone else right before the accident.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:48 PM

2011 E550
Originally Posted by CEB
Actually, the second one does

"Last summer the son of one of my co-workers was killed when the speeding car he was riding in failed to negotiate curve and hit a tree."

The curve was actually more of a very gentle bend in the road that could have easily been negotiated by even a beginning driver at 50mph (30mph speed limit) but was lethal at 70mph for two 18 year olds who had just graduated high school a week earlier.

There is speeding and there is stupidity. 100mph on US roads is stupid and in most states considered reckless driving even if nothing happens. In VA for example, 20mph over the speed limit or anything over 80mph is considered reckless.

I spent 20 some years driving the Autobahn in Germany. I like driving fast but I understand the limitations of the roadways, other drivers and road hazards - like deer.
Okay, I just want to make sure you're reading my post before responding. You realize i'm talking about 60-100mph on the Florida Turnpike not 70 mph on a 30mph road?

Also, I didn't graduate highschool two weeks ago. Don't take this the wrong way but the driver of that car sounds like an idiot who was never taught how to drive properly.

I've driven probably close to a million miles since I got my license and the vast majority was on highways.

We can debate all day long, and if you were arguing "driving at high speeds is dangerous" I would agree with you.

What I disagree with is whether or not it's unsafe to go 100mph on a straight highway with no other vehicles around. I feel that's perfectly safe assuming the driver knows what they're doing.

I can tell you have some personal bias towards the argument so I don't think there's much I can say to sway you. That being said, you can sleep well knowing that I won't go 70 mph on a 30mph road two weeks after graduating highschool... because, well, time travel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So I ran an W211 E63 tonight