E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
View Poll Results: Does your MB dealership provide jprinted service inspection summary?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Service Reports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 10:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Service Reports

This is for those having MB's serviced at MB dealerships in US, although others are welcome to respond.
When having routine service at an MB dealership, do you receive a printed report of all the inspections they performed?
I have two other vehicles from other brands. Both dealerships provide a summary of condition of everything inspected - wipers, tread depth, fluid levels, battery, hoses, suspension, belts, filters, etc. Report shows OK, may need attention soon, needs replacement or an actual result. Tread depth and brake pads are measured. CCA of battery may be shown.
My dealer's invoice only shows what the service requires, e.g. "A", and then how much they charged for labor and parts.

Last edited by El Cid; 12-23-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
No inspection report from my local MB dealer - only the invoice with services performed.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2010 e350 Luxury p2
Last time i went to the dealer they did a courtesy inspection and provided a report even though i did à la carte service and didn't get a packaged service.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I find the inspection reports to be laughable at best, usually just a checklist where some porter in the service drive just checks them all off then hands over the paperwork & keys. They're so inconsistent that they're not reliable.

What I DO wish MB would do is have a centralized service database, like Infiniti does, so no matter where I take the car to, they have the full service history on the car, not just a list of part #s replaced.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
I find the inspection reports to be laughable at best, usually just a checklist where some porter in the service drive just checks them all off then hands over the paperwork & keys. They're so inconsistent that they're not reliable.

What I DO wish MB would do is have a centralized service database, like Infiniti does, so no matter where I take the car to, they have the full service history on the car, not just a list of part #s replaced.
Agreed about the lack of consistency in the inspection sheet--I put no faith in them whatsoever.

Regarding the service history, you can ask your SA to run a VMI report--granted it shows mostly warranty work not maintenance. However it will give you an idea where the car was serviced while in warranty and you can call that dealer to get a more detailed report of service not charged to MBUSA.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 W212 E350 4M
The tech who works on the car prepares an inspection report that includes measurement of the remaining material on the brake pads, tire tread depth, and Midtronics Battery Test. This is provided at the Spring and Fall Service Clinics that include lunch and when the car is in for A or B service. You can also request a courtesy inspection from a manager that includes the vehicle owner as does the clinics. Car on the rack, ask your questions from the tech and conduct your own inspection.

The inspection sheet is separate from the bill.

My last B service, I elected to pay only for the oil change and filter, the brake fluid flush, tire rotation and received the same inspection. I had replaced the cabin filter myself and reset the service minder when I pulled out.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Why?

Originally Posted by RSIKR
My last B service, I elected to pay only for the oil change and filter, the brake fluid flush, tire rotation and received the same inspection. I had replaced the cabin filter myself and reset the service minder when I pulled out.
Why didn't dealer reset the service reminder? Incidentally, haven't asked, but pretty sure my dealership would consider the inspection part of the normal "B" service and charge accordingly. Guess you would save the cost of the cabin filter.

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2015, 06:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 W212 E350 4M
Because I didn't pay for a B service. I didn't expect them to, but with the inspection, oil & filter, brake flush I fulfilled all of the required procedures of a B service. The cabin filter was something I wanted to see for myself, it is a part of the B service also and easy to service with the great instructions on this forum.

The free inspection is good business for the dealer, brake wear, tire wear, tire and wheel damage, warranty repairs like leaks can all be observed.

Some dealers price the B service without the cabin filter and brake fluid to compete with prices of dealers who do likewise. If you print out the requirements Konigstiger provides for us both are required not recommended. If you have low mileage in a dry climate you could skip the cabin filter.

The brake fluid is very important as it is hydroscopic and readily absorbs moisture. The braking system not only stops the wheels it is part of traction control, ABS and a lot of other systems. It is a cheap prophylactic as compared to a repair or your safety.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:59 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
Originally Posted by thefisch
No inspection report from my local MB dealer - only the invoice with services performed.
Same here, nothing.

It'd be nice to see them do it.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:14 AM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
01 ML55AMG 04 ML500 03 ML350 08 ML63AMG
All you going to get is a nice $$$$$ total that you owe them and make sure you pay NOW!

True story. Had a E320 my rear rotor was worped ,when I was braking the whole car was shaking. Took it to a MB dealer they checked everything and couldn't find a problem. asked them to check the rotors, what they told me they do not have the tool for it. I just burst out laughing. Took all 4 rotors off myself, took it to O"reilly auto parts store they put it on the turning machine. 2 rear rotors were super badly warped. Just wondering why MB so retarded?!

I would say some mechanics need to go back to college to work for a MB service.

Last edited by IgorE350; 12-24-2015 at 12:17 AM.