Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
[Perforated Leather Cleaning, survey] Tips, experiences (good&bad) >

[Perforated Leather Cleaning, survey] Tips, experiences (good&bad)

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

[Perforated Leather Cleaning, survey] Tips, experiences (good&bad)

 
Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
ND_eclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 58
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
12 E-Class
[Perforated Leather Cleaning, survey] Tips, experiences (good&bad)

Besides what it says on the manual, I was wondering what are some leather cleaners you've used and how good was it compared to other cleaners, steamers.

Also any recommendations to cleaning materials since I'd invest my time and money with products than fast service.

I'm a bit worried with cleaning my "White Leather perforated seats" since I heard the leather may be synthetic and is NOT on a Lease! Thank you for your time!!
ND_eclass is offline  
Old 03-30-2017, 10:15 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AkaSigFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,053
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
If you have the Designo Porcelain interior it is Real Leather. The biggest issue is usually dye transfer from denim. I use Zaino Z-9 Leather Cleaner and Z-10 Leather in a Bottle. They are a little pricey, but they are incredible and can be used on vinyl/faux leather too.

http://www.zainostore.com/mm5/mercha...=interiortires
AkaSigFreak is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 09:36 AM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Airmousam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East coast
Posts: 1,259
Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
OP is asking about perforated leather (used in cooled seats) zaino leather in a bottle is great stuff, but not good for perforated seats as it's a cream based product and will clog the little holes. I use Griots garage leather care spray, from Pep boys. Works great and has a leather smell much like Zaino.

OP, if it's perforated its leather, but you can run your VIN thru here to be sure. Actually if you have the cooled seats option, its leather. Good luck

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz

Last edited by Airmousam; 03-31-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Airmousam is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 11:18 AM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
belarus27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sacramento , CA
Posts: 1,785
Thanked 148 Times in 139 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by Airmousam View Post
OP is asking about perforated leather (used in cooled seats) zaino leather in a bottle is great stuff, but not good for perforated seats as it's a cream based product and will clog the little holes. I use Griots garage leather care spray, from Pep boys. Works great and has a leather smell much like Zaino.

OP, if it's perforated its leather, but you can run your VIN thru here to be sure. Actually if you have the cooled seats option, its leather. Good luck

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz

Thanks man , i had meguares rich leather cleaner , but almost out. Might give this Griots thing a try

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151759723395
belarus27 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 11:53 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 93
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
2014 E350
Also "Leatherique Prestine Clean" (yes "prestine") is a stellar cleaner I've used for years on many a leather car seat, in addition to our current porcelain leather E350. Neutral smell, cleans well, and leaves the seats feeling supple w/o any residue whatsoever ...great stuff!


Edward
Edward993 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 12:09 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Airmousam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: East coast
Posts: 1,259
Thanked 44 Times in 40 Posts
2010 E550 4M P2 Distronic, CLK550 Cab P2
Originally Posted by belarus27 View Post
Thanks man , i had meguares rich leather cleaner , but almost out. Might give this Griots thing a try

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/151759723395

That's it, looks like you have not 1 but 4 pep boys in Sac...must be one big a$$ city give it a shot, its got a great leather smell, and does not leave it shiny.
Airmousam is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 02:58 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
belarus27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sacramento , CA
Posts: 1,785
Thanked 148 Times in 139 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by Airmousam View Post
That's it, looks like you have not 1 but 4 pep boys in Sac...must be one big a$$ city give it a shot, its got a great leather smell, and does not leave it shiny.
lol capital of Cali , gotta be serious cant mess around jk jk
yes will post my observation comparing to the previous product.
belarus27 is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 05:20 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 120
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
1973 280SEL 4.5; 2015 E350 Wagon
I use Mercedes-Benz Leather Care Foam on my perforated grey leather seats.

It does not clog the pores and it does remove demin color transfer.
E430_4MATIC is offline  
Old 03-31-2017, 05:29 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Peachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 499
Thanked 75 Times in 63 Posts
2010 E550 P2, 1997 E420 (Sold)
I used Lexol Cleaner and Conditioner for mine, I can't tell if it works or not though (the seats looked fine before I used it, they looked fine after), it has good reviews on amazon, that's why I bought it.
Peachy is offline  
Old 04-02-2017, 11:07 AM
  #10  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,385
Thanked 58 Times in 49 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan
Remember that most of your car is not leather. I use Lexol Vinylex for all non-leather surfaces in my vehicles. Works great and not oily or shiny like some other brands.
El Cid is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 10:05 AM
  #11  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
ND_eclass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 58
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
12 E-Class
Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
Remember that most of your car is not leather. I use Lexol Vinylex for all non-leather surfaces in my vehicles. Works great and not oily or shiny like some other brands.
That's what I've heard frequently while researching more of my car. I heard these seats are synthetic leather?? That's why I wanted to know first hand what really works.
ND_eclass is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: