E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2010 E350 Issues with LED DRL replacement for stock circle non LED fog lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
2010 E350 Issues with LED DRL replacement for stock circle non LED fog lights

Hi I have a W212 2010 E350 Avantgarde imported from Japan which came with stock non LED circular fog lights (1 on each side). I've bought an aftermarket pair of LED DRL and had them installed at an indy mechanic but only the left side lights on properly when I flip the fog light switch on, with the right side flashing sporadically. I'm not sure of the technical details but apparently the original fog light assembly was not a plug in play type that accepted LEDs and thus required some wiring changes.

Took my car to a different indy who told me the right DRL might be faulty, although when they attached a power cable to test it pre-installation, it lit up with no issues. He also said genuine OEM DRLs wouldn't be compatible as the car hasn't been coded/installed with the required circuitry to accept these.

Has anyone run into these problems before? I am considering buying another single aftermarket DRL to swap out the right side.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2023 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Vincent Jeong
Hi I have a W212 2010 E350 Avantgarde imported from Japan which came with stock non LED circular fog lights (1 on each side). I've bought an aftermarket pair of LED DRL and had them installed at an indy mechanic but only the left side lights on properly when I flip the fog light switch on, with the right side flashing sporadically. I'm not sure of the technical details but apparently the original fog light assembly was not a plug in play type that accepted LEDs and thus required some wiring changes.

Took my car to a different indy who told me the right DRL might be faulty, although when they attached a power cable to test it pre-installation, it lit up with no issues. He also said genuine OEM DRLs wouldn't be compatible as the car hasn't been coded/installed with the required circuitry to accept these.

Has anyone run into these problems before? I am considering buying another single aftermarket DRL to swap out the right side.
Here us what I used, no issues so far.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-upgrades.html