E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Correct Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350
Correct Brake Pads

Hey all I am confused as to which brake pads will fit my 2011 E350 because I have the 951 sports package according to the VIN decoder. I've read that it's just a sports appearance package and some say otherwise.

My front rotors are drilled and the car is RWD (not 4matic). From what I gather, there are three different brake set ups for E350.

I was planning on buying the Akebono EUR1342 brake pads. Their website doesn't mention anything so just wanted to make sure they would fit my application.

Side note: Will the jack that came with the car be sufficient to use (and place the wheel under the car for added stability/safety)? I've read various forum members' cars being unstable.

Input is appreciated!

Last edited by itsjordieduh; 07-17-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
If you go to their web catalog, the only difference seems to depend on whether you have the coupe or sedan for the rears. For the fronts it all seems to be the same. There's different setups for the E class depending on if it's the E350, E550 or E63.

Also if you're going to be doing work on your car, you should always get a hydraulic jack, it's much easier and safer with a jack and a set of jack stands. The jack that comes with the car is for emergency use and changing a tire, I wouldn't use it for any automotive work. A standard setup would be to jack the car up, put a jack stand underneath it, drop it slightly so it's resting on both, remove the handle from the hydraulic jack (so you or anyone else don't trip over it) and leave the tire underneath. It's also a good idea not to work alone or to at least be in shouting distance of someone.
The following 2 users liked this post by cetialpha5:
itsjordieduh (07-18-2017), jahquan3 (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 AM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...2011-e350.html
The following users liked this post:
itsjordieduh (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 11:21 AM

2011 E350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
There's different setups for the E class depending on if it's the E350, E550 or E63.
That makes sense with people mentioning the three brake set ups. I assumed they were on the topic of the E350 only (non-sport, sport, 4matic). Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2012 E350 sedan
An alternative

Originally Posted by itsjordieduh
Hey all I am confused as to which brake pads will fit my 2011 E350 because I have the 951 sports package according to the VIN decoder. I've read that it's just a sports appearance package and some say otherwise.

My front rotors are drilled and the car is RWD (not 4matic). From what I gather, there are three different brake set ups for E350.

I was planning on buying the Akebono EUR1342 brake pads. Their website doesn't mention anything so just wanted to make sure they would fit my application.

Input is appreciated!
You will get as many opinions as there are posters and I've heard good things about Akebono but I've recently replaced the pads on my Audi TT with EBC Red Stuff and they are fantastic! I've tried Hawk HPS and Mintex Red Stuff in the past and the bite with the EBC is far superior to those. Dust is reduced by at least 75% and they are still quiet after 2K miles. For best prices on any manufacturer's pads, check Amazon. If you call the EBC factory store, they will match any internet price, free shipping, and you will be certain to get genuine parts.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by VegasE
You will get as many opinions as there are posters and I've heard good things about Akebono but I've recently replaced the pads on my Audi TT with EBC Red Stuff and they are fantastic! I've tried Hawk HPS and Mintex Red Stuff in the past and the bite with the EBC is far superior to those. Dust is reduced by at least 75% and they are still quiet after 2K miles. For best prices on any manufacturer's pads, check Amazon. If you call the EBC factory store, they will match any internet price, free shipping, and you will be certain to get genuine parts.
Don't automatically assume Amazon is the cheapest. For certain things I stay away from them because they use to have a habit of mixing all the parts from various vendors into one bin so you wouldn't know if you got the real thing or clever fakes. Also Akebono was cheaper from Advance Auto with a coupon code than Amazon. But those codes come and go, you'd have to check retailmenot.com for the latest codes. Same with Rockauto, sometimes they're still cheaper than Amazon. Parts search is horrible on Amazon, but if you know what you want, it should be ok.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:23 PM

2011 E350
Also if you're going to be doing work on your car, you should always get a hydraulic jack, it's much easier and safer with a jack and a set of jack stands. The jack that comes with the car is for emergency use and changing a tire, I wouldn't use it for any automotive work. A standard setup would be to jack the car up, put a jack stand underneath it, drop it slightly so it's resting on both, remove the handle from the hydraulic jack (so you or anyone else don't trip over it) and leave the tire underneath.
Another quick question, do you use jack pucks/pads? Or just a slab of wood?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:33 PM

2011 E350
Same with Rockauto, sometimes they're still cheaper than Amazon.
I love RockAuto. I recently replaced the cabin air filter and engine air filters. They shipped my order an hour after I ordered.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
2012 E350 sedan
Agree

Don't automatically assume Amazon is the cheapest. For certain things I stay away from them because they use to have a habit of mixing all the parts from various vendors into one bin so you wouldn't know if you got the real thing or clever fakes. Also Akebono was cheaper from Advance Auto with a coupon code than Amazon. But those codes come and go, you'd have to check retailmenot.com for the latest codes. Same with Rockauto, sometimes they're still cheaper than Amazon. Parts search is horrible on Amazon, but if you know what you want, it should be ok.
I never automatically assume anything on the internet. Specials can come and go. However, relative to EBC, do your best internet search and then call EBC and they will match the price and then you are sure you are getting the correct and genuine parts. Shipping was incredibly fast. I placed the order around 3 PM and had them at my door the next day. I also changed the rotors on my TT with the EBC slotted rotors. My internet search indicated a "wooshing" sound by some users for their drilled & slotted rotors.