Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

4Matic 350 Headers

 
Old 02-06-2019, 02:45 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 80
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
4Matic 350 Headers

Are there any headers for the base 350? I have a V6 and all I see are headers for the V8.
SBundlez is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 03:45 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
I've never seen anything like that. In fact I looked around and theres very little if anything available performance wise for the E350.
Rogue Leader is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue Leader For This Useful Post:
SBundlez (02-07-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 80
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
I've always wondered why that is.
SBundlez is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 01:01 PM
  #4  
Super Member
 
bob2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: HESPERIA CA
Posts: 608
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
2011 E550
To be frank, any one who would want a "performance" E class would more than likely look at an E63, or even an E550. The 350 isn't meant for performance at all lmao.
bob2011 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 01:10 PM
  #5  
Mud
Super Member
 
Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 818
Thanked 147 Times in 119 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
My opinion is that the performance market for the V6 is minimal - the vast majority of these cars are bought for looks, comfort and generally decent handling manners. The 550's are amazing, the 350's provide (to me) adequate performance for overall driving, which I'm fine with.
I also think that in this example, bolting on a set of headers to a stock 350 would not be worth the minimal gains vs cost. I'm not convinced that the stock MB exhaust is that bad. An overall tune from a reputable provider may yield as much or better gains by just providing more aggressive operating parameters.
I like fast and sporty cars, but for me to go from point A to B the 350 works in the performance niche that I expect out of this car, and I suspect that maybe this reflects the majority of 350 owners. I understand perfectly that others may want to tweak this engine, but often the overall results can be disappointing.
Just my perspective.
The 550 on the other hand.....
Mud is online now  
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM
  #6  
Member
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
My opinion is that the performance market for the V6 is minimal - the vast majority of these cars are bought for looks, comfort and generally decent handling manners. The 550's are amazing, the 350's provide (to me) adequate performance for overall driving, which I'm fine with.
I also think that in this example, bolting on a set of headers to a stock 350 would not be worth the minimal gains vs cost. I'm not convinced that the stock MB exhaust is that bad. An overall tune from a reputable provider may yield as much or better gains by just providing more aggressive operating parameters.
I like fast and sporty cars, but for me to go from point A to B the 350 works in the performance niche that I expect out of this car, and I suspect that maybe this reflects the majority of 350 owners. I understand perfectly that others may want to tweak this engine, but often the overall results can be disappointing.
Just my perspective.
The 550 on the other hand.....
I agree, the people who want to make it "GO" are buying a 550 or an E63, new and used, especially at the prices these cars go for both new and used. Don't forget the E350 sells very well but the clientele it sells to aren't really the folks who buy exhausts and stuff. In my case for example, its my daily driver, and with 302hp on board its plenty fast as is. If I want to be fast and stupid I have other cars to do that with.
Rogue Leader is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 PM
  #7  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
C280 Sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Saratoga,Springs New York, Sarasota, Florida.
Posts: 2,340
Thanked 61 Times in 55 Posts
E,E,CL,C,CLK,ML,S,GLK,others...
Not much you can do with a E350 other then a flash basically.
C280 Sport is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 975
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
And I have the 'flash' which works just fine. Remember the 2014 E350 has the same horsepower the '99 C43 AMG v8 did. Granted the AMG had a bit more torque, but the E350 is more than adequate for my needs and plenty fun to drive. Perhaps, if I was in my 20's I'd have a different opinion.
Tump43 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:46 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 80
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Understood that if you wanted to buy it already fast you'd get those models. Unfortunately that wasn't the cards I was dealt. This is the reason for the inquiry. I'd still like to tune the car I have which is why I'm asking.
SBundlez is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:40 PM
  #10  
Member
 
S550e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 117
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
W222 S550e, W212 E350

Supersprint headers?
S550e is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to S550e For This Useful Post:
SBundlez (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 12:24 AM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 80
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by S550e View Post
SWEET! Thanks so much for this!
SBundlez is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 09:47 AM
  #12  
Member
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by SBundlez View Post
SWEET! Thanks so much for this!
I wouldn't be so excited, a $3000 set of mufflers, a mid pipe from a company thats no longer in business, and $1800 headers. The headers I can't find here in the US but Supersprint does make a mid pipe which is $800, also outside of the US.

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...e-350-cgi.aspx

Also depends on which version of the V6 you have, see the dropdown in there.

Last edited by Rogue Leader; 02-13-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Rogue Leader is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogue Leader For This Useful Post:
SBundlez (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 04:10 PM
  #13  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 80
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I wouldn't be so excited, a $3000 set of mufflers, a mid pipe from a company thats no longer in business, and $1800 headers. The headers I can't find here in the US but Supersprint does make a mid pipe which is $800, also outside of the US.

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/su...e-350-cgi.aspx

Also depends on which version of the V6 you have, see the dropdown in there.

Yeah, I saw those prices and felt a tad bit defeated. lol

Lets see if I can take the picture to a shop and have them recreate it.
SBundlez is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 04:46 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Rogue Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 88
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by SBundlez View Post
Yeah, I saw those prices and felt a tad bit defeated. lol

Lets see if I can take the picture to a shop and have them recreate it.
Hmm would be interested to know what that costs. Because to spend a total of $5600 before install to put headers and a catback on this car is totally not worth it.
Rogue Leader is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: 4Matic 350 Headers


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: