E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Drivetrain vibration engine sounds louder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
Drivetrain vibration engine sounds louder

Hi I own a 2013 mercedes E350 3.5 v6, recently we had snow days took the car out for drive and little bit of fun in snow. After i noticed the car started to vibrate when accelerating, I tought it was the wheels out of balace I got it rebalaced, vibration is still there. Anyone have any idea what can cause the vibration, can a bad diff cause vibration thenwhole car or tranny possible bad u-join or flex-dis on drivshaft. Also the car engine sound very loud compared to before gets louder as you accelerate also the dip stick keep popping out when accelerating harder then normal has something to do with high presure in crank case ?
Old 03-04-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
How many miles on the car? Where are you located?
Both answers will better allow us to help you. Place this info in the user pane and we can see them on the posts.

Could be the motor and trans mounts have packed up and quit. This is commonly felt during stops at idle or accelerating. I would start here.
If this vibration happens during constant speed driving, then I would look at the flex disks.
Bent wheels can cause vibration issues at speed, but you checked that.
Any misfire will likely show as a check engine light, and there is no mention of that.

Let us know the cure.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG
The car has around 67k miles located in seattle WA, the wheels are bent for sure i checked but did do rebalance and it was okay, at iddle it doesn’t seem to be vibrating other then loud engine noise, as i accelerating it starts to vibrate the whole car and feels like its coming from driveshaft or diff. Can a diff cause vibration? It is an open diff so its very hard to brake these diffs

Originally Posted by kbob999
How many miles on the car? Where are you located?
Both answers will better allow us to help you. Place this info in the user pane and we can see them on the posts.

Could be the motor and trans mounts have packed up and quit. This is commonly felt during stops at idle or accelerating. I would start here.
If this vibration happens during constant speed driving, then I would look at the flex disks.
Bent wheels can cause vibration issues at speed, but you checked that.
Any misfire will likely show as a check engine light, and there is no mention of that.

Let us know the cure.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
If wheels are bent a regular wheel balance wont help much , you need to get your wheels straightened first , then balance(even thos balance should be included in wheel repair package).
The following users liked this post:
Sunnyslope48 (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019, 02:16 PM

Received 222 Likes on 165 Posts
'08 S550 P3; Golf Carts; MT Bike; Scooters
Originally Posted by belarus27
If wheels are bent a regular wheel balance wont help much, you need to get your wheels straightened first, then balance (even the balance should be included in wheel repair package).
Agree 100%.
On a Subaru Baja I chased what I thought was a driveline, wheel bearing, halfshaft issue, and it was a bent wheel all along.
Fix the bent wheels first.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by kbob999
Agree 100%.
On a Subaru Baja I chased what I thought was a driveline, wheel bearing, halfshaft issue, and it was a bent wheel all along.
Fix the bent wheels first.
Lol i just got new tires and the car feel a little shimmy around 77mph, so my plan is to do the Road force balance first to see if that helps..
And
Then repair my wheels.... or maybe i should actually start with that. Still thinking.
Good luck.
And please post back after you fix the problem

Last edited by belarus27; 03-04-2019 at 06:53 PM.