E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

DIY: Joyeauto Wireless CarPlay for NTG4.5/4.7

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-25-2021, 12:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz C250 CDI W204
Angry Joyeauto Wireless CarPlay for NTG4.5/4.7

Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
You cycle between the Comand screen and CarPlay by pressing, and holding, the 'back' button next to the Comand controller knob on the center console.

Looks like I've screwed up the wiring somehow!

Old 05-28-2021, 10:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
F10 M5 Comp, 2012 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by bha1
I have just installed this unit in a W166 (GL350) and it is amazing! Wanted to report here for anyone who is on the fence thinking of buying one.

I get a 4-digit password screen that pops up when I try to go to Firmware update.
I get that too and have tried all of the basic codes, 0000, 1234, etc and none of them work. Anybody know what the code is?
Old 05-29-2021, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x253
does anyone by any chance have CUST version v2.1.0.5.1.ly.m52 ?
i updated my carplay version to some bad version and now screen is all orange/green and i cannot use carplay anymore.

i would be very grateful for any help.

ps. i have send several messages to my aliexpress seller but he just ignores me.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:58 PM

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts
560SL, 380SL, E350
I am usually on another Mercedes board, but joined this board specifically to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Between it and some YouTube videos, I successfully installed one of these without breaking or scratching anything (with the correct tools) on my car.

My only contributions would be:

1. I HAD to do the AUX to the MMI in the console box. In my US 2013 nav-equipped E350 with H-K sound (the amp?). I just could not get the "internal" to work without it. My unit is the smaller black box obtained via eBay. The seller was very defensive about FW updates and said that most of the time they go wrong; if it works, he recommended that I not touch it.
2. The console wire routing was tougher than the radio install. There are two ways to do it, one, take the console apart, and two, lift the console. I'm paranoid about breaking/scratching veneer so I took the "lift" approach. This may not have been the best choice, and I didn't learn how to do anything else in preparation for the inevitable scroll knob failure.

Old 05-31-2021, 02:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 coupe
New update for roadtop HW BENZ2 is out v3.5.0.4.lt_m4_2

https://mega.nz/file/iYVCDDCC#7OR_7D...t1mluEEwvtJ41c

Old 05-31-2021, 08:56 AM

Received 320 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by coroneta
New update for roadtop HW BENZ2 is out v3.5.0.4.lt_m4_2
Any word of fixes or changes with this update?
Old 06-01-2021, 12:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 E250 4Matic

I see a new option with this update for the 360 camera, don’t know what it does, but any time I try to turn it on, when I go back to the setting it shows as off.

and hasn’t changed any 360 camera functions from previous version I had.

there is also a mic delay audio test that was not there before
Old 06-02-2021, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C204 COUPE
Thumbs up

Any word of fixes or changes with this update?
just completed the update,
I use an android device so get android auto (pixel 5) and straight away the main difference for me is having daytime/night mode is now activated. before on the old versions WAZE etc wold stay in daytime mode but now it goes into night mode depending on what you set on the device/or car

Menu settings is slightly different but nothing noticable, phone calls etc is the same quality as before for me
Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E550C
I have a 2012 c207 e550 and I've been thinking of getting carplay for my car. Can anyone tell me if getting these units will fix the bluetooth audio streaming/skipping issues? It's a pretty widespread issue that I just found out about.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:31 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
2009 W221
Originally Posted by chopsticksonly
I have a 2012 c207 e550 and I've been thinking of getting carplay for my car. Can anyone tell me if getting these units will fix the bluetooth audio streaming/skipping issues? It's a pretty widespread issue that I just found out about.
Well, they should. They don't use Bluetooth for streaming, they use WiFi
Old 06-27-2021, 03:08 AM

E350 W212
Fiber Optic Dilemma

Hi All, huge dilemma. During the install Ive broken the holding clip of the mb fiber optic cable. Perhaps even damaged the cable.

Still tried the installation with it slid in yet dont get any picture on the command. What can be done? Thank you
Old 06-28-2021, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Fingerprintt
Hi All, huge dilemma. During the install Ive broken the holding clip of the mb fiber optic cable. Perhaps even damaged the cable.

Still tried the installation with it slid in yet dont get any picture on the command. What can be done? Thank you
Good news and bad news:

Good news: the fiber optic cable is used to connect to the amplifier for audio, so if you don’t get any picture it’s not probably not the fiber optic cable you broke

Bad news: You will most likely need a new video cable

Good news: The video cable is easier to replace than the fiber optic

Bad news: you’ll still need to source a cable
Old 07-02-2021, 08:46 PM

2012 E350
Originally Posted by ssmann1990
just completed the update,
I use an android device so get android auto (pixel 5) and straight away the main difference for me is having daytime/night mode is now activated. before on the old versions WAZE etc wold stay in daytime mode but now it goes into night mode depending on what you set on the device/or car

Menu settings is slightly different but nothing noticable, phone calls etc is the same quality as before for me
I upgraded from 2.1.0.8 to v3 and I noticed that the volume now has a separate screen with different volume sliders for music, speech, alert and overall volume.
The loudness now has different values with an option to have both low and high boosted.

I noticed that when the phone is disconnected from the carplay the there is a message saying so instead of just a black screen.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by barabasy
I upgraded from 2.1.0.8 to v3 and I noticed that the volume now has a separate screen with different volume sliders for music, speech, alert and overall volume.
The loudness now has different values with an option to have both low and high boosted.

I noticed that when the phone is disconnected from the carplay the there is a message saying so instead of just a black screen.
Interesting.

Which hardware do you have and where did you get v3?
Old 07-03-2021, 06:23 AM

2012 E350
Interesting.

Which hardware do you have and where did you get v3?
I installed CUST v3.5.0.4.lt_m4_2 form the linked shared here a couple of posts above. I have the BENZ2 on a NTG4.5 and MCU 2.10.5.10

Thanks very much for the sharing as the vendor has yet to reply to me after a couple of weeks of me inquiring for the latest firmware.
Old 07-04-2021, 05:34 PM
wsc

BMW E46
Everything working fine on my unit using Carplay. Accidentally (haven’t driven my car in months) pressed and held on to the C button (instead of the back buttons) on the right of the centre dial, and it went to the normal Merc radio screen (Carplay kept playing Spotify) and now I can’t get back to WirelessDev/Carplay etc screen. I hold onto C and just get blank screen, I hold on to back buttons same. Reverse camera just brings up blank screen. Any ideas?
Old 07-11-2021, 12:01 AM

CLS550
Originally Posted by SCCoupe
I have installed CUST Version: v2.1.0.9.speach.lt.m4_2
I have the same issue, I can't open CarPlay, AirPlay, Android Auto....

Then I have installed MCU Version: 20.9.28.15, but the problem was not fixed either
I'm asking for an old version to Aliexpress Seller but he hasn't answered me for days

I will keep you informed
Thanks

EDIT: The problem was solved!
The seller sent me Cust Version: v2.1.0.9.gpe.m4_2
I can use Carplay and Invalid Update is not show in menu.

Thanks for your help!
hi,
I have the same issue after update my unit to V3, would you please share your file with me?
thanks in advance .
Old 07-11-2021, 07:28 AM

2012 Mercedes C250 Coupé
Different version string

Hi,
I have bought a RoadTop Benz2 for my C204 with NTG4.5 Audio20 with HK Audio and MMI. At first I also had the problem with the distorted sound until I connected the GND cable from the main harness to the free camera GND cable. Then I realized that the music won’t always stop when switching off the ignition, so I wrote to the seller and he sent me an MCU update to 21.3.24.14 which I installed, but the problem wasn’t solved. The seller is not answering anymore and so I searched the internet to find some sources for updates. Thankfully I found this forum. As I have seen, some of you have posted newer versions of the CUST firmware, but I am not sure if it will fit with my device, as mine has a totally different version string, M4_2R124. Can anyone give me some information about it. Is this an old version or is there something newer?
I just have this one software problem, where most of the time the music on my phone keeps playing after I switched off the ignition. The other problem I have is a high frequency distortion on the aux input, but I think that will be some wiring issue with the GND cable routing.

Thank you in advance

Attached Files
File Type: rar
BENZ2-MCU-20210324.rar (14.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 07-11-2021, 10:08 AM

CLS550
Originally Posted by Akim Nubi
Hi, please please need help update the firmware above and black screen tried everything no luck any chance I could have the same copy you used and fixed your roadtop many thanks. My email is evanubi5@gmail.com thanks

QUOTE=SCCoupe;8180532]I have installed CUST Version: v2.1.0.9.speach.lt.m4_2
I have the same issue, I can't open CarPlay, AirPlay, Android Auto....

Then I have installed MCU Version: 20.9.28.15, but the problem was not fixed either
I'm asking for an old version to Aliexpress Seller but he hasn't answered me for days

I will keep you informed
Thanks

EDIT: The problem was solved!
The seller sent me Cust Version: v2.1.0.9.gpe.m4_2
I can use Carplay and Invalid Update is not show in menu.

Thanks for your help!
[/QUOTE]

Hi,
i have updated my carplay to the latest version and now carplay is not working and i have "Invalid Update" error on my screen.
Can you please share the file that you have received from your seller?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM

C180 CDI w204
[CITA = iRich; 8372833] Hola,
he comprado un RoadTop Benz2 para mi C204 con NTG4.5 Audio20 con HK Audio y MMI. Al principio también tuve el problema con el sonido distorsionado hasta que conecté el cable GND del arnés principal al cable GND de la cámara libre. Luego me di cuenta de que la música no siempre se detendrá al apagar el encendido, así que escribí al vendedor y me envió una actualización de MCU a 21.3.24.14 que instalé, pero el problema no se solucionó. El vendedor ya no responde y por eso busqué en Internet para encontrar algunas fuentes de actualizaciones. Afortunadamente encontré este foro. Cuando he visto, algunos de ti han posted versiones más nuevas del CUST firmware, pero no soy seguro si cabe con mi dispositivo, cuando el mío tiene una cadena de versión totalmente diferente, M4_2R124. ¿Puede alguien darme alguna información al respecto? ¿Es esta una versión antigua o hay algo más nuevo?
Solo tengo este problema de software, donde la mayoría de las veces la música de mi teléfono sigue sonando después de apagar el encendido. El otro problema tengo es una distorsión de frecuencia alta en la entrada auxiliar, pero pienso que será algún asunto de cableado con el GND encaminamiento de cable. Gracias de antemano
[/CITA]

Hola, tengo el mismo modelo que tú.

El vendedor me envió la actualización M4_2R151.

Te lo adjuntaré en caso de que funcione para ti.

Saludos.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqR0KeVaBCNzjrs6...vCyTA?e=hScdMD

Last edited by Tragamillas_svq; 07-13-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-12-2021, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by iRich
I just have this one software problem, where most of the time the music on my phone keeps playing after I switched off the ignition. The other problem I have is a high frequency distortion on the aux input, but I think that will be some wiring issue with the GND cable routing.
FWIW, the MB Comand unit's native behavior (regardless of this unit) is to remain powered after you turn off the ignition until you open the driver door. The screen will remain illuminated and sound will be produced. Is this what you are describing?

Also, you may not have to use the AUX input AT ALL if you follow the directions in the 2nd post of this thread as there's a native AUX input integrated in the wiring harness. (If it applies to your car.)

Might be worth trying if you cannot ground the AUX input otherwise.

Last edited by cadetdrivr; 07-12-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013 GL450
Originally Posted by strife
I am usually on another Mercedes board, but joined this board specifically to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Between it and some YouTube videos, I successfully installed one of these without breaking or scratching anything (with the correct tools) on my car.

My only contributions would be:

1. I HAD to do the AUX to the MMI in the console box. In my US 2013 nav-equipped E350 with H-K sound (the amp?). I just could not get the "internal" to work without it. My unit is the smaller black box obtained via eBay. The seller was very defensive about FW updates and said that most of the time they go wrong; if it works, he recommended that I not touch it.
2. The console wire routing was tougher than the radio install. There are two ways to do it, one, take the console apart, and two, lift the console. I'm paranoid about breaking/scratching veneer so I took the "lift" approach. This may not have been the best choice, and I didn't learn how to do anything else in preparation for the inevitable scroll knob failure.
take a coat hanger wire and when head unit is out fish it down to drivers side floor, should easily come out from bottom of panel, tape on wire and pull it through. Do the same from inside the console after removing small panel (pull up rubber bottom and you'll see two screws) move drivers seat all the way back to get access, tape on wire and pull it up, you can easily tuck the wire under the panel along floor board. . You can also remove the big connector from the panel and tuck all the wires behind this panel. You can also route a usb extension (panel mount style) he same way and hot glue it in the hold where the big mercedes connector was.

Old 07-14-2021, 06:25 PM

2012 Mercedes C250 Coupé
Originally Posted by Tragamillas_svq

Hola, tengo el mismo modelo que tú.

El vendedor me envió la actualización M4_2R151.

Te lo adjuntaré en caso de que funcione para ti.

Saludos.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqR0KeVaBCNzjrs6...vCyTA?e=hScdMD
Thank you for the file, I will install it in the next few days.

FWIW, the MB Comand unit's native behavior (regardless of this unit) is to remain powered after you turn off the ignition until you open the driver door. The screen will remain illuminated and sound will be produced. Is this what you are describing?

Also, you may not have to use the AUX input AT ALL if you follow the directions in the 2nd post of this thread as there's a native AUX input integrated in the wiring harness. (If it applies to your car.)

Might be worth trying if you cannot ground the AUX input otherwise.
Maybe the Audio20 behaves a little different than the Command or it’s because I don’t have the keyless system. What I meant was that when I turn the ignition off, sometimes the display switches back to the original HU and playback on the phone is stopped. I then pull the key, the display shuts off and everything is fine. But most of the time, after I switch the ignition off, the CarPlay display is still on screen and the music keeps playing. If I then pull the key, the display and the HU shuts off, but the phone is still playing music without a sound until the CarPlay device shuts off or the phone loses the wifi connection. So in the second case, the music won’t start from the same position when I left the car.

I don’t have the native AUX Input because I have the MMI interface.
But the last days I found a little workaround for some of my problems. I created an Automation in Shortcuts on my iPhone, so every time my phone connects to CarPlay, the playback destination is set to the original Bluetooth. This way, I get rid of the high frequency distortion over AUX, I am able to skip the music with the original buttons on the HU and when I leave the car, the music is stopped immediately.
The only disadvantage is that I can’t hear Siri in this configuration, but I don’t really use it. And I have not tested if the music resumes after a phone call.

Again, thank you for your help.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 AMG E63 S212 | 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4
Has anyone had any luck dealing with the call echo....
Old 07-29-2021, 01:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 S212 Sport Package
Hi all, I've been happily using my CP unit for at least a year with no issues, until now.

Not sure what I pressed or changed, but my backup camera no longer overrides the Carplay when put it in reverse. Everything works as it should if I keep my phone from connecting.

I've tried to set the reverse camera from factory to aftermarket and back with no change.

Thoughts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Joyeauto Wireless CarPlay for NTG4.5/4.7