E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Telematic Control Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2021 | 09:11 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz E-350 Sport
Telematic Control Module

Hi I recently have purchased a 2010 Mercedes Benz E-350 Sport but noticed the Infotainment was Not working, I have Purchased 2 replacement screens and still nothing, Fuses are fine and there is Power coming from the Harness clip, but still the screen will not turn on, I did a scan and came up as Telematic Control Module status : Installed . What exactly does a Telematic Control Module do and could that be the issue to the infotainment not working? Any advise or help will be greatly appreciated ,Thank you in advance.
Old 12-03-2021 | 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
simple or Xentry

Originally Posted by Evolutions
Hi I recently have purchased a 2010 Mercedes Benz E-350 Sport but noticed the Infotainment was Not working, I have Purchased 2 replacement screens and still nothing, Fuses are fine and there is Power coming from the Harness clip, but still the screen will not turn on, I did a scan and came up as Telematic Control Module status : Installed . What exactly does a Telematic Control Module do and could that be the issue to the infotainment not working? Any advise or help will be greatly appreciated ,Thank you in advance.
This integrated COMAND system is a little bit of a pickle, a pricey one at that. There are a gazillion model numbers (~700+)

busy display circuit
​​​​​​
The screen itself is known to give up the ghost because it is hot and externally cooled by the car air supply... watchout for dirty cabin filters!!

Also any single brake on the digital output daisy-chain (aka MOST) can cut off signal Xfer.

The "Telematic Module" is a localized module that offers cellular data connection to the car back to a 3rd party service provider. Very handy to repo cars with outstanding payments!!! In some US cars it's called mBrace and can be located over the rear axle or front footwell or trunk sides...

In case you have a smartPhone interface kit all patched in, try bypassing it to speed up your troubleshooting.

If you don't have a Xentry system, now would be a real good time to consider how to get joy this holiday season...🎄

​​​​​​

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 12-04-2021 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2021 | 07:55 PM

2010 Mercedes Benz E-350 Sport
I just looked up Xentry system and see Various ones.